Archived Topic

How many spots....

by bcsbound · 11/28/2010

Advertisement
B
bcsbound
Do we move up today? I say we will be 19th. Tourney Championship. A win against a team that went pretty far in the NCAA Tourney Last Year.
E
EM_Puma
It's often based on who loses in front of you as none of our wins were against ranked opponets. St. Mary's has some votes in the polls, but we won't get too much of a bounce beating them and USF by a few points. Looking over the teams immediately in front of us, Butler stumpled again and Temple lost twice, so definitively some room opens, but #24 Tennessee defeated #7 Nova, Richmond (6-1) defeated #8 Purdue. I'm worried about Notre Dame that is now 6-0, Connecticut who defeated #2 MSU and #9 Kentucky and some other teams that could jump us.



Anyhow, BB polls don't come out until Mondays.
R
RiseShoutCougs
I'm not too worried about rankings this early in the season. I just want to see my cougars continue to win games and the national recognition will follow. Having said that, those were two very impressive wins and voters would be crazy not to have noticed.
R
rblack
Survey Says: 21 in AP, barely in Coaches at 25.
Q
Qman
Personally I think we need to improve our offensive execution. We need to be able to pull away from some of these mediocre teams.
Advertisement
I
IowaCougar
My blue-goggled opinion: If the Cougars can win games like SF when they were playing as poorly as they did offensively, think what can happen when they get rolling! :crazy:
S
SpiffCoug
College bball rankings are a little different than football rankings. Because there are about 3x the number of games, you don't seem to move up for winning games. You move up for not losing.
G
Gunk
I think we're kind of lucky no one is able to watch our games when it comes to the rankings right now. They just see the box score and go, "Oh, BYU beat St. Mary's. That's a good school. BYU must have a pretty good team."



Just need to keep the W's coming.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.