Archived Topic

And the replay official was...

by CAFB_04-12 · 11/28/2010

Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
Is he a frUte?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mtnradio
Looking at what they published about him ... you wouldn't think he would be prone to choking. He sure choked on that call.
C
CAFB_04-12
Unknown. Does have a long career in officiating though.
D
Ddawg
I do not know what to say or how to comment. I do not know the man or anything about him. But - the call was a bad call. An obvious bad call.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Has he been to Utah since 1978?
C
CAFB_04-12
Ddawg wrote:
I do not know the man or anything about him.

Didn't stop SDSU and the MWC from dragging the BYU guy through the mud after SDSU.



Bottom line is this: BYU will send this call into the NCAA and should be justified.
B
BroncoBot
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
I do not know the man or anything about him.

Didn't stop SDSU and the MWC from dragging the BYU guy through the mud after SDSU.



Bottom line is this: BYU will send this call into the NCAA and should be justified.

And that's what should happen. When the call goes AGAINST BYU and the mtn commentators know it was the wrong call, it must have been a huge missed call.
C
Cougs_Rule
Mtn guys even called it "controversial call"--not that I give them any credibility at other times.
A
a1247
The TV talking head were uncomfortable after the replay. You could tell they knew there was going to be a problem after the call. The call was wrong and I cannot help but think this was a make up call bye the MWC replay officalls for the SDSU game. As soon as the review was taking so long I knew the call was going to go against the cougs.
Advertisement
B
bostoncoug
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
I do not know the man or anything about him.

Didn't stop SDSU and the MWC from dragging the BYU guy through the mud after SDSU.



Bottom line is this: BYU will send this call into the NCAA and should be justified.


There was an interesting article written by Harmon about all the rule the MWC broke by releasing all the information about the replay booth following the SDSU game. It'll be interesting to see how much dirt is shoveled upon this replay official. If there isn't any, we'll all see the MWC's bias toward BYU.
V
vancouvercougar
And the replay official was.......WRONG!!
B
BoiseBYU
the Pinball Wizard--deaf, dumb and blind
I
IowaCougar
What I find amazing is that I can't find one mention of this anywhere in the press coverage.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CAFB_04-12
IowaCougar wrote:
What I find amazing is that I can't find one mention of this anywhere in the press coverage.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Don't expect any. Unless a Ute was in the review booth or providing review footage. That would be a huge news story.
Advertisement
G
Guest
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
What I find amazing is that I can't find one mention of this anywhere in the press coverage.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Don't expect any. Unless a Ute was in the review booth or providing review footage. That would be a huge news story.


There were multiple Utes in that box, but it will never see the light of day because the MTN wont release that information (against their rules) and BYU is too big to do it, unlike SDSU.
C
CAFB_04-12
hawkwing wrote:
IowaCougar wrote:
What I find amazing is that I can't find one mention of this anywhere in the press coverage.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Don't expect any. Unless a Ute was in the review booth or providing review footage. That would be a huge news story.


There were multiple Utes in that box, but it will never see the light of day because the MTN wont release that information (against their rules) and BYU is too big to do it, unlike SDSU.

You know for a fact that Utah affiliated employees or officials were in the booth in some capacity?



Seriously, it would be big news if true, especially in light of the new MWC rule forbidding officials from either team inside the review booth.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.