Archived Topic

Rules clarification

by BYULV · 11/28/2010

Advertisement
B
BYULV
Did Utah get a first down after the Bradley interception because the "fumble" was recovered past the 1st down marker or due to change in possession? I believe it was due to yardage, correct? If it was recovered by Utah short of the first down marker, after already changing possession to byu, then it counts as a down and ends up being 3rd or 4th down, right?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
V
vancouvercougar
I think it was a first down because of a change in possession. Bradley could have run it back to the :utard: 10 yard line then fumbled & it would be a :utard: first down.
B
BroncoBot
BYULV wrote:
Did Utah get a first down after the Bradley interception because the "fumble" was recovered past the 1st down marker or due to change in possession? I believe it was due to yardage, correct? If it was recovered by Utah short of the first down marker, after already changing possession to byu, then it counts as a down and ends up being 3rd or 4th down, right?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I think it is a 1st down during a change of possession no matter what. Right?
T
tripwire
declocoug wrote:
Did Utah get a first down after the Bradley interception because the "fumble" was recovered past the 1st down marker or due to change in possession? I believe it was due to yardage, correct? If it was recovered by Utah short of the first down marker, after already changing possession to byu, then it counts as a down and ends up being 3rd or 4th down, right?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I think it is a 1st down during a change of possession no matter what. Right?

Yep. It is considered a knew possession, a turnover for both teams, and a new drive.
C
CAFB_04-12
Right, think of it as Utah recovering a BYU fumble essentially.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.