Archived Topic

Byu really won this game

by wildeone · 11/28/2010

Advertisement
W
wildeone
The refs say otherwise but byu clearly outplayed Utah

That is my opinion



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BOID
I like that Heaps out-played Wynn. And I do not count Wynn's first TD pass; that was offensive pass interference. Logan was in position to intercept, and the Ute receiver slapped him down with both arms to keep him off the ball. Then it was pure luck that the ball tipped up in a way to allow the reception. That was a pure fluke.
R
runbyu1
BOID wrote:
I like that Heaps out-played Wynn. And I do not count Wynn's first TD pass; that was offensive pass interference. Logan was in position to intercept, and the Ute receiver slapped him down with both arms to keep him off the ball. Then it was pure luck that the ball tipped up in a way to allow the reception. That was a pure fluke.


That's exactly what all of us were saying---pretty blatant offensive PI.
S
SpiffCoug
No, we didn't win. We lost. We may have played better, but Utah made one more play. We had lots of opportunities to blow this game open and we frankly choked them away.



But I'm pretty sure the refs missed that call on purpose and that the first Ute TD would have been an offensive PI on a BYU receiver.
H
hypercoug
Dude. We lost.



Scoreboard is all that matters. Don't blame the officials. BYU had complete control of the game, and made multiple costly mistakes.
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
hypercoug wrote:
Dude. We lost.



Scoreboard is all that matters. Don't blame the officials. BYU had complete control of the game, and made multiple costly mistakes.


Agreed. This was our game to win or lose...and we lost. And I'll never forgive Anae for going conservative at the end of the game when Jake and co had the yewts on their heels. Never, ever, ever, rely on your kicking game when there's still plenty of time. Its not like it was a chip shot.



p.s. I hate the :utard: s. Church is going to be hell tomorrow. I may be "ill" instead.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.