Archived Topic

Ohio St.'s President Gordon Gee starts a catfight

by BigCougsFan · 11/25/2010

Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
Ohio St.'s President Gordon Gee supported the BCS and the way it is set up. Gee doesn't believe schools like Boise St. and TCU deserve a shot,
Well, I don't know enough about the X's and O's of college football,'' said Gee, formerly the president at West Virginia, Colorado, Brown and Vanderbilt. ''I do know, having been both a Southeastern Conference president and a Big Ten president, that it's like murderer's row every week for these schools.


This upset Boise St.'s and TCU's Presidents and they fired back at his remarks. They basically said what all us fans of non-BCS schools have been saying all along.



Bob Kustra, Boise St.'s President
Said it was hypocritical of Ohio State and all of the major BCS conferences to demean teams such as Boise State. He said most of those conferences refuse to schedule his school.



''It's easy for the presidents to talk, but ask the ADs when's the last time that they seriously entertained taking requests or inviting Boise State to (play them),'' Kustra said. ''If you're Boise State or TCU, they're going to want to steer way clear of you.''



He said he had phone records that would prove that Boise State had tried to schedule home-and-home games with Top 25 teams from the BCS conferences, but that they would not play the Broncos anywhere but at their home stadium.


''The formula these days for BCS teams is get seven or eight home games, play one non-conference game against a team from another BCS league, schedule three or four patsies and try not to leave the state if you can help it,



He also said that the SEC's Florida Gators have not left the state to play a non-conference, regular-season opponent since 1991.


These guys are getting more and more arrogant as time goes on. Like it said in this article by Kustra, these Presidents at these schools need to stand for equality in each university. Clearly Gordon Gee is blinded by all the millions his school has made from the BCS-system, and all Ohio St. had to do was win their lousy conference each year, and they're making more money than every.





http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Boise-State-president-responds-to-Ohio-State-president-Gordan-Gee-slam-112410
M
Mars


Is that a School President from the same conference as Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois, Penn State, and Purdue talking about a "Murderer's Row"? :gross:
S
stuckinbig10country
Dr. Gee is a native of Utah, and was/is a member of the church. I believe he is actually inactive at this point in time.
M
Mars
stuckinbig10country wrote:
Dr. Gee is a native of Utah, and was/is a member of the church. I believe he is actually inactive at this point in time.

Well, you can't have a Temple recommend if you are admittedly dishonest with your fellow man...
T
tripwire
stuckinbig10country wrote:
Dr. Gee is a native of Utah, and was/is a member of the church. I believe he is actually inactive at this point in time.

:roll:

As if that has any relevance.
Advertisement
Y
YBrit
With BYU making bank as an Indy, I can care less about the whole BcS issue now.



BYU crossed the BcS veil of sorts.
F
frdbtr
Mars wrote:
Dr. Gee is a native of Utah, and was/is a member of the church. I believe he is actually inactive at this point in time.

Well, you can't have a Temple recommend if you are admittedly dishonest with your fellow man...


All you have to do to get a temple recommend is answer the interview questions correctly. One of the biggest crooks I have ever heard of was a Stake president. He screwed my brother out of nearly $50,000, and destroyed my brothers business in the process. No, you don't have to be honest to get a temple recommend.
U
urroner
frdbtr wrote:
stuckinbig10country wrote:
Dr. Gee is a native of Utah, and was/is a member of the church. I believe he is actually inactive at this point in time.

Well, you can't have a Temple recommend if you are admittedly dishonest with your fellow man...


All you have to do to get a temple recommend is answer the interview questions correctly. One of the biggest crooks I have ever heard of was a Stake president. He screwed my brother out of nearly $50,000, and destroyed my brothers business in the process. No, you don't have to be honest to get a temple recommend.


But you should be, but if a dude shows up in the temple or even has a TR and I don't think he is worthy, most of the time, I'm not going to worry about it. It's not my problem. I have let the bishop know about how I feel about certain people having a TR or a certain calling and then I let the bishop worry about it. I know that most bishops and stake presidents really try hard to do the right thing.
C
Cougy_Monster
frdbtr wrote:
stuckinbig10country wrote:
Dr. Gee is a native of Utah, and was/is a member of the church. I believe he is actually inactive at this point in time.

Well, you can't have a Temple recommend if you are admittedly dishonest with your fellow man...


All you have to do to get a temple recommend is answer the interview questions correctly. One of the biggest crooks I have ever heard of was a Stake president. He screwed my brother out of nearly $50,000, and destroyed my brothers business in the process. No, you don't have to be honest to get a temple recommend.


If you can avoid it, never do business with family or members of your church.
G
Guest
Cougy_Monster wrote:
Mars wrote:
Dr. Gee is a native of Utah, and was/is a member of the church. I believe he is actually inactive at this point in time.

Well, you can't have a Temple recommend if you are admittedly dishonest with your fellow man...


All you have to do to get a temple recommend is answer the interview questions correctly. One of the biggest crooks I have ever heard of was a Stake president. He screwed my brother out of nearly $50,000, and destroyed my brothers business in the process. No, you don't have to be honest to get a temple recommend.


If you can avoid it, never do business with family or members of your church.


100% agree. Recipe for disaster.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
urroner wrote:
Mars wrote:
Dr. Gee is a native of Utah, and was/is a member of the church. I believe he is actually inactive at this point in time.

Well, you can't have a Temple recommend if you are admittedly dishonest with your fellow man...


All you have to do to get a temple recommend is answer the interview questions correctly. One of the biggest crooks I have ever heard of was a Stake president. He screwed my brother out of nearly $50,000, and destroyed my brothers business in the process. No, you don't have to be honest to get a temple recommend.


But you should be, but if a dude shows up in the temple or even has a TR and I don't think he is worthy, most of the time, I'm not going to worry about it. It's not my problem. I have let the bishop know about how I feel about certain people having a TR or a certain calling and then I let the bishop worry about it. I know that most bishops and stake presidents really try hard to do the right thing.


My brother had this exact fear, what if he were in the temple and this person who cheated him was there too. It took a lot of prayer but he was able to reconcile himself to the fact that the lord would judge in the end an it was not his problem.
S
SpiffCoug
So, if Ohio St wins the Big 10 and goes to the Rose Bowl. If Oregon goes the BCS championship game, the Rose Bowl has to pick the first non-AQ team that qualifies! HA! Ohio St better hope Oregon loses, because I wouldn't want to play Boise or TCU with a chip on their shoulder!
D
Ddawg
Mars wrote:
Dr. Gee is a native of Utah, and was/is a member of the church. I believe he is actually inactive at this point in time.

Well, you can't have a Temple recommend if you are admittedly dishonest with your fellow man...


Bam!!!!! Straight to the bone!! Mongo like it!!! LOL!!!! :lol:
S
Schmoe
So...Ohio St. prez can't get a temple recommend because he dishonestly started a cat fight with TCU and BSU, who might play his team in the Rose Bowl, but it won't matter because he doesn't know the X's and O's of football (meaning he doesn't know what a first down, field goal, or endzone are) and so he won't know if his team won or not, and despite this he thinks he can assess who's schedule is "murderer's row."
G
Gunk
Schmoe wrote:
So...Ohio St. prez can't get a temple recommend because he dishonestly started a cat fight with TCU and BSU, who might play his team in the Rose Bowl, but it won't matter because he doesn't know the X's and O's of football (meaning he doesn't know what a first down, field goal, or endzone are) and so he won't know if his team won or not, and despite this he thinks he can assess who's schedule is "murderer's row."


It's "murderer's row" for him because scheduling non-BCS teams like BSU, TCU, BYU, etc. would require him to lift his finger, and that would be "murder."
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Gunk wrote:
So...Ohio St. prez can't get a temple recommend because he dishonestly started a cat fight with TCU and BSU, who might play his team in the Rose Bowl, but it won't matter because he doesn't know the X's and O's of football (meaning he doesn't know what a first down, field goal, or endzone are) and so he won't know if his team won or not, and despite this he thinks he can assess who's schedule is "murderer's row."


It's "murderer's row" for him because scheduling non-BCS teams like BSU, TCU, BYU, etc. would require him to lift his finger, and that would be "murder."


I've got a finger to lift to him.
R
runbyu1
I SO hope Ohio State has to play Boise or TCU in a BCS game
B
BigCougsFan
Schmoe wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
So...Ohio St. prez can't get a temple recommend because he dishonestly started a cat fight with TCU and BSU, who might play his team in the Rose Bowl, but it won't matter because he doesn't know the X's and O's of football (meaning he doesn't know what a first down, field goal, or endzone are) and so he won't know if his team won or not, and despite this he thinks he can assess who's schedule is "murderer's row."


It's "murderer's row" for him because scheduling non-BCS teams like BSU, TCU, BYU, etc. would require him to lift his finger, and that would be "murder."


I've got a finger to lift to him.


:lol:



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars


It will be Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl, not Ohio State.
S
Schmoe
Mars wrote:


It will be Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl, not Ohio State.


Nothing's set in stone yet, but yeah, you're probably right.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.