Archived Topic

Locksley to coach New Mexico for another year

by BigCougsFan · 11/24/2010

Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
Looks like Locksley can add another $750,000 to his bank accound next year AND a few more losses to his resume.


Locksley is only returning because UNM’s Board of Regents, the state of New Mexico and the athletic department’s private fundraising Lobo Club is unwilling to provide the $1.46 million to buy Locksley out of a contract that runs through 2014.


http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/stuck_state_refuses_to_buyout_2_21_lobos_coach/3671712
S
Schmoe
Sheesh, $750,000!? Pay me half that and I'll get at LEAST one win for the Lobos next year.
C
CougarPeasant
Any question why Rocky Long quit UNM?!!!
C
Cougs_Rule
Never mind the 750k. The greater damage will be if he goes from Lame coach to lame-duck coach. Of course they couldnt get much more lame than this year.

My prediction: next year is even worse and Sir Lose-a-lotsley will be fired mid-year and one of the Coordinators will take over for the remainder of the year. Pathetic!
S
SpiffCoug
Translation: UNM doesn't care enough about football to buy out his contract.
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
Remind me why I'm supposed to care about this?
S
SpiffCoug
33311710 wrote:
Remind me why I'm supposed to care about this?

You shouldn't UNM doesn't even care about it.
L
Lawboy
UNM is basically a no-issue to us, until they land on our schedule again. Let them hire Mike Leach, win 10 games a year, and I still would not care. Same goes with CSU, UNLV, Wyoming, SDSU and the rest. Enjoy the MWC and the new TV deal post BYU fellas.
V
vancouvercougar
Now that we are going Independent, I don't have to think about New Mexico for a few years.
L
Lawboy
I care about NMSU more than UNM, and that is saying something. Not only will they be on our 2011 schedule, but their head coach is DeWayne Walker, and he coached at BYU for a short period. And NMSU is about as far from relevant as it gets in D-1 football.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.