Archived Topic

I'm gonna unplug Cougar Corner

by CAFB_04-12 · 11/23/2010

Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
For this week anyway.



I don't like how it gets anymore. I need a change...I need to be happier this time of year instead of worrying what Utes are saying about Cougs.



I'm gonna stick with KSL and Deseret News till Sunday.



See you all later. Hope we win. Good luck, Utes.
B
BigCougsFan
Well... If ya can't take the heat. Get out the kitchen.



This is where the big boys play.



I'll probably do the same... Haha.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CannonCougar85
I recommend staying away from the comment section on those sites then...
G
Guest
dont worry we have a battery backup
I
Italics
bye
Advertisement
U
Ungoy
CannonCougar85 wrote:
I recommend staying away from the comment section on those sites then...


At least on KSL he won't have to worry about the comments. KSL disabled commenting on articles. It's actually rather nice there now... :)
C
cougdoc
CAFB is absolutely right. Even back to the old CB days, I always check out the site on the Monday of rivalry week to get everyone's opinion of the previous week's game, but then it is the basketball forum only for me until after the game. Cougar fans like to talk a little smack here, and the utes can't resist responding. We reply, and before you know it the whole forum is full of threads that have no educational value for me (the main reason I visit this site every night). Oddly, I have two die-hard Ute fan brothers-in-law, and they both do the same thing for the same reason on the Ute board. I'm not condemning either group of fans, because if that is how you like to enjoy the rivalry, then you should be allowed to say your piece. I just don't find anything redeeming in yelling at somebody on a message board that might be my very nice Ute-fan neighbor or my Ute-fan boss. Incidentally, neither does my team's coach, or a prominent leader of my particular religion. Sorry if that is too preachy. It will be interesting to read any responses ... next week.
N
nc-puma
Living out of state, I usually go to Sltrib or DesNews for my utah sports fix. But what I've painfully learned is that I have to completely ignore the comments sections. Too inflammatory. And sports aside, if ever you want to dissuade yourself from moving to Utah, just check out the Sltrib comments section on any mormon-related or political article. Wow.. the crazies come out of the woodwork. I'm betting that those websites have the most contentious, vitriolic comment threads of any major local news site in the nation.
L
Lawboy
This place is tame. Don't be so think skinned. Who cares what a Ute fan thinks. Of course they are going to talk up their team, talk down BYU--it is what fans do. Seriously, this place is not bad at all. You want crazy and stupid, go to the sltrib comment board. That place with toughen you up fast. Especially how it went early this year. The level of ignorance and stupidity on that board is frightening. But here, the Ute posters are mellow.
C
CAFB_04-12
Lawboy wrote:
This place is tame. Don't be so think skinned. Who cares what a Ute fan thinks. Of course they are going to talk up their team, talk down BYU--it is what fans do. Seriously, this place is not bad at all. You want crazy and stupid, go to the sltrib comment board. That place with toughen you up fast. Especially how it went early this year. The level of ignorance and stupidity on that board is frightening. But here, the Ute posters are mellow.

It's not the Ute fans that drove me off the board this week. It was the BYU fans this time.
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
Italics wrote:
bye

Who are you?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.