Archived Topic

Favorite Rivalry Quotes from Players, Coaches, Others

by hawkwing · 11/22/2010

Advertisement
G
Guest
I'm working on putting together a special project and I'm hoping I can get a ton of help from you guys.



What are your favorite quotes from players/coaches/fans/others about the rivalry? They can be positive, negative, indifferent. Whatever. I am hoping to get quotes from both BYU and Utah players/coaches/fans, etc.



Thanks.
C
CougarClaw
Max Hall. "The whole organization is Classless." need I say more.



Urban Meyer: "TDS" - This bugs me to no end.



Utefans.net purposely misspell "Beer" citing some cougar fan's misspelling it as "bear" from some years ago. That's pretty funny actually.
R
redneckjedi
Lenny Gomes' pumping gas quote is one of my favorites.



“All those guys think that’s all there is to life. But when I’m making $50-60,000 a year, they’ll be pumping my gas. They’re low class losers."
W
Wickchad
redneckjedi wrote:
Lenny Gomes' pumping gas quote is one of my favorites.



“All those guys think that’s all there is to life. But when I’m making $50-60,000 a year, they’ll be pumping my gas. They’re low class losers."


The best part about this quote is I believe he actually said he'd be making $35,000 a year.
S
SpiffCoug
The quote is adjusted for inflation.



Colllie's When you're living right off the field sometimes the Lord steps in and magic happens.



One of the current defensive assistants who played with Weddle (spacing on his name) said, I hate those pricks.
Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
kitic77 wrote:
One of the current defensive assistants who played with Weddle (spacing on his name) said, I hate those pricks.


Morgan Scalley,
I hate those pricks. I hate 'em with a passion. Ever since I was born.


I actually thought Eric Weddle's pregame talk was pretty funny. Where he said "it's an honor to have BYU" to come play at RES. He was actually a pretty classy guy. Sure am glad he's not playing for Utah anymore. Even more glad he plays for the Chargers, so my Patriots can beat him yearly :D
R
redneckjedi
You got to have this one in there, too, since this is where it got all nasty. From wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah%E2%80%93BYU_rivalry#The_rise_of_BYU_football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;):



In 1977, Utah hired a promising new coach of their own, Wayne Howard. That year, BYU soundly beat Utah 38–8 in Provo. With less than two minutes left, BYU's star QB, Marc Wilson, was sent back into the game to set an NCAA passing record and rack up an astounding 571 passing yards. In his post-game remarks to the press, Howard accused Edwards of running up the score, and was quoted as saying:


This today will be inspiring. The hatred between BYU and Utah is nothing compared to what it will be. It will be a crusade to beat BYU from now on. This is a prediction: In the next two years Utah will drill BYU someday, but we won’t run up the score even if we could set an NCAA record against them.
R
runbyu1
What happened the next two years?
S
Schmoe
Utah won the next year, 23-22, and BYU won the year after, 27-0, and the next nine after that.
W
wildeone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnMgXAzk9EU



My favorite!
Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
wildeone wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnMgXAzk9EU



My favorite!


Lee Corso on Utah
This place is almost as nice as Provo!


Hahaha... Did Corso say that on purpose or was that a mistake? Kirk caught that right off the bat!



:lol: Even when the frUtes aren't playing BYU... They still can't get away from us. They can run to the Pac, but they can't hide!
B
BigCougsFan
Hawk-

How is it going with compiling these quotes??? I'm dying to see them.
G
Guest
Check it out. Also, anyone who frequents other sites feel free to share it with them.



http://www.holywarrivalry.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S
Schmoe
Looks good, Hawks!
M
Mars


On beating Utah:



"It was just as easy as it looked. It was like we were running against air. It was easy to break tackles and find holes. Their defense didn't seem to be there."



~BYU RB Fred Whittingham




:lol:
Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
Mars wrote:


On beating Utah:



"It was just as easy as it looked. It was like we were running against air. It was easy to break tackles and find holes. Their defense didn't seem to be there."



~BYU RB Fred Whittingham




:lol:


LOL... That has to be one of the most ultimate burns a competitive guy could hear -- from one who just beat you.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.