Archived Topic

Howdy!

by ttexastim · 11/22/2010

Advertisement
T
ttexastim
Well, it must be that time of year again. Looking forward to a good game.



All in all, I wish I could come in here, and pound my chest like the gorilla man I am, but I'm not feeling that way.



Utah had a tough 2 game funk. Not some little funk, but a big nasty one that made players almost play like they had quit emotionally. That's scary! The win against SDSU was much needed and hopefully we come out firing on all cylinders.



BYU on the other hand, started in a coach induced funk, and is now on an upswing. Lots of good momentum rolling for the team, and they should feel very confident going into this game.



Honestly, I think Utah has more talent this year, and should wipe the floor with you guys ... HOWEVER ... this is the rivalry game. Emotion has a ton to do with it. I'm a bit uneasy having my funky Utes play your confident cougars.



Anyways, I will probably only be around this forum today and tomorrow, so I thought I'd step up and represent! :)
I
imuakahuku
I think BYU should be the favored team in this game. I don't believe that Utah is going to be able to run on us. And ND showed what happens when Utah relies on Winn's arm to produce all the offense. I see a close game because it is a rivalry but lopsided on the stats side as BYU shows that the 6-5 mark is a result of poor coaching and not an indication of the talent level of this team-a problem that has been rectified by the HC-I'm not pointing a finger at Jamie, I think the shockwave of his firing was a shot accross the bow of everyone else on the coaching staff.
T
ttexastim
I haven't watched the coug games this year so I'm unsure. Have you been able to stop the run against any team this year? I think Asiata will pound it up the middle, and then you'll see WIII and Dunn try to beat you to the corners. Utah has lots of run weapons and it will be interesting to see what they game plan for. Remember, we doin't have Ludwig "3 failed runs right up the middle on the 5 yard line" anymore. ;)



And if you're real with yourself, you'll see that your 6-5 is not all on the coaches. Balls hitting guys in the hands and not being caught is not your coaches fault.
P
pikoi
ttexastim wrote:
I haven't watched the coug games this year so I'm unsure. Have you been able to stop the run against any team this year? I think Asiata will pound it up the middle, and then you'll see WIII and Dunn try to beat you to the corners. Utah has lots of run weapons and it will be interesting to see what they game plan for. Remember, we doin't have Ludwig "3 failed runs right up the middle on the 5 yard line" anymore. ;)



And if you're real with yourself, you'll see that your 6-5 is not all on the coaches. Balls hitting guys in the hands and not being caught is not your coaches fault.


BYU's run defense has been solid for the second half of the season.
U
urroner
TTT, I love you man!!!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHrlY9ruoJ0
Advertisement
T
ttexastim
urroner wrote:
TTT, I love you man!!!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHrlY9ruoJ0


LOL! You're NOT getting my Dublin Dr. Pepper Uroner!
J
jonnylingo
ttexastim wrote:
I haven't watched the coug games this year so I'm unsure. Have you been able to stop the run against any team this year?.


If you haven't watched any games then how can you make a statement like utah has more talent then byu? Credibility gone.



You are lucky our two starting noseguards have been taken out by injury because if they hadn't utah's offense would be in trouble. our run stop has been phenomenal since bronco came back and wynn sucks.



you have an edge with out injures, home field, and experience, but wynn sucks. let me say that again, wynn sucks.



i would b e more worried about utah stopping our run then the other way around. good luck stopping our three headed beast.
A
ABYUFAN
Tim. You strike me as a bit two faced. I've seen the crap you post at utefans.net:


What is more classless, having a drink and getting a little rowdy, or making fun of the wounded warrior program on Veterans Day?

by ttexastim

2010-11-11 10:42:40





Some douche thought his photoshop skills were going to be sooo funny, but sometimes, you need to realize what you are actually poking fun at. I liken this to the "back to the reservation" sign. Way to represent your/my church dick bags.



http://www.cougarboard.com/nologin/messag" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; e.html?id=6182861



Just in case you don't want to go there, it's a picture of our guys on the field, but instead of the core values of the military being on the back of the jerseys, they put in "overconfident" and "inept".




or:




So ... I decided I'd like to see what the guys at CB were saying about boobie gate.

by ttexastim

2010-11-11 10:31:49





Went over, and there was a thread asking for links. People started talking about it. There was even a thread on the front page. But then ... I guess the mod got in for the day, cuz poof. All threads mentioning boobiegate were poofed.



They don't even trust their own to view boobies. LOL.



I guess I find it quite funny when grown adults can't even talk about boobs without having the thought police come down on them.


and:


7 year old wisdom ...

by ttexastim

2010-10-12 19:22:57





Boy: Dad, so we like wyoming?

Me: Sure. They're not so bad.

Boy: And we like TCU?

Me: Yup

Boy: They are fast, and a good team, right?

Me: Yes

Boy: What about New Mexico?

Me(wondering when the questioning will end): Yes, they have been hard for us to beat sometimes.

Boy: And we definitley like Airforce!

Me: Yes, we do.

Boy: So dad, BYU is the only team we don't like!

Me: Yup, they are, aren't they?!

Boy: Dad, that's because they are slow, they cry too much, and they just stink.

Me: (laughing) EXACTLY!


finally:


Just when you think you've seen asshattery at it's finest, a zoob opens his mouth and shows you what dickbaggery is!

by ttexastim

2010-09-29 15:41:33





I can't beleive my eyes. Some POS was just talking about how in order to get USU back for years of the "over rated" chant, they should all wear neck braces this weekend.



Since when was making fun of an injury good smack, especially a coaches injury? I sure wish someone could flip the "decent human being" switch in these dickbags to the ON position.


My friends don't call me an "asshat" or "dickbag" behind my back....
G
Guest
That is shocking and incredibly poor taste. Talk about having the decent human being switch in the wrong position.
T
ttexastim
ABYUFAN wrote:
Tim. You strike me as a bit two faced. I've seen the crap you post at utefans.net:


What is more classless, having a drink and getting a little rowdy, or making fun of the wounded warrior program on Veterans Day?

by ttexastim

2010-11-11 10:42:40





Some douche thought his photoshop skills were going to be sooo funny, but sometimes, you need to realize what you are actually poking fun at. I liken this to the "back to the reservation" sign. Way to represent your/my church dick bags.



http://www.cougarboard.com/nologin/messag" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; e.html?id=6182861



Just in case you don't want to go there, it's a picture of our guys on the field, but instead of the core values of the military being on the back of the jerseys, they put in "overconfident" and "inept".




or:




So ... I decided I'd like to see what the guys at CB were saying about boobie gate.

by ttexastim

2010-11-11 10:31:49





Went over, and there was a thread asking for links. People started talking about it. There was even a thread on the front page. But then ... I guess the mod got in for the day, cuz poof. All threads mentioning boobiegate were poofed.



They don't even trust their own to view boobies. LOL.



I guess I find it quite funny when grown adults can't even talk about boobs without having the thought police come down on them.


and:


7 year old wisdom ...

by ttexastim

2010-10-12 19:22:57





Boy: Dad, so we like wyoming?

Me: Sure. They're not so bad.

Boy: And we like TCU?

Me: Yup

Boy: They are fast, and a good team, right?

Me: Yes

Boy: What about New Mexico?

Me(wondering when the questioning will end): Yes, they have been hard for us to beat sometimes.

Boy: And we definitley like Airforce!

Me: Yes, we do.

Boy: So dad, BYU is the only team we don't like!

Me: Yup, they are, aren't they?!

Boy: Dad, that's because they are slow, they cry too much, and they just stink.

Me: (laughing) EXACTLY!


finally:


Just when you think you've seen asshattery at it's finest, a zoob opens his mouth and shows you what dickbaggery is!

by ttexastim

2010-09-29 15:41:33





I can't beleive my eyes. Some POS was just talking about how in order to get USU back for years of the "over rated" chant, they should all wear neck braces this weekend.



Since when was making fun of an injury good smack, especially a coaches injury? I sure wish someone could flip the "decent human being" switch in these dickbags to the ON position.


My friends don't call me an "asshat" or "dickbag" behind my back....


Awesome! I'm so impressed that you are still playing this tune. In fact, the search for anything I said on Utefans is hillarious.



So are you saying you support the ideas I complained about? You think wearing a neckbrace to mock a coaches injury is funny? Or that exhanging milatary traits on the Wounded Warrior Jersey's with low brow comments is a laugh? You think that adults should not be given the chance to even consider looking at female anatomy?



I quit caring what you thought a long time ago BYUFAN. Last time you brought this up, people recognized it for what it is: knowing how to act in certain places. On my Ute forum, I can be a "classless" ute and rag on things however I wish. I don't do that here though, because that would make me a douche.


My friends don't call me an "asshat" or "dickbag" behind my back...

If you were directly responsible for my complaints/jabs, then yep, I did. If not, I didn't. A bit defensive are we?



I'm still laughing that you are still hung up on the fact that I also post on Utefans about BYU.
Advertisement
T
ttexastim
jonnylingo wrote:
I haven't watched the coug games this year so I'm unsure. Have you been able to stop the run against any team this year?.


If you haven't watched any games then how can you make a statement like utah has more talent then byu? Credibility gone.



You are lucky our two starting noseguards have been taken out by injury because if they hadn't utah's offense would be in trouble. our run stop has been phenomenal since bronco came back and wynn sucks.



you have an edge with out injures, home field, and experience, but wynn sucks. let me say that again, wynn sucks.



i would b e more worried about utah stopping our run then the other way around. good luck stopping our three headed beast.


Sophmore qb vs true freshman qb ...

2 senior running backs vs whoever replaced unga?

Brooks recieving vs Luigi?



yes ... I said the Utes have more talent. Talent alone doesn't win this game though.
C
CougarClaw
Of all the great things this board has, we do lack a significant degree of dissenting opinions. I wouldn't go to Utefans and post the same things I do here, why should ttexastim be any different? And for what it's worth ttexastim didn't post any of that crap on this site, ABYUFAN did.
J
jonnylingo
ttexastim wrote:
ttexastim wrote:
I haven't watched the coug games this year so I'm unsure. Have you been able to stop the run against any team this year?.


If you haven't watched any games then how can you make a statement like utah has more talent then byu? Credibility gone.



You are lucky our two starting noseguards have been taken out by injury because if they hadn't utah's offense would be in trouble. our run stop has been phenomenal since bronco came back and wynn sucks.



you have an edge with out injures, home field, and experience, but wynn sucks. let me say that again, wynn sucks.



i would b e more worried about utah stopping our run then the other way around. good luck stopping our three headed beast.


Sophmore qb vs true freshman qb ...

2 senior running backs vs whoever replaced unga?

Brooks recieving vs Luigi?



yes ... I said the Utes have more talent. Talent alone doesn't win this game though.


you illustrated my point perfectly. Ignorance is bliss.
T
ttexastim
jonnylingo wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
I haven't watched the coug games this year so I'm unsure. Have you been able to stop the run against any team this year?.


If you haven't watched any games then how can you make a statement like utah has more talent then byu? Credibility gone.



You are lucky our two starting noseguards have been taken out by injury because if they hadn't utah's offense would be in trouble. our run stop has been phenomenal since bronco came back and wynn sucks.



you have an edge with out injures, home field, and experience, but wynn sucks. let me say that again, wynn sucks.



i would b e more worried about utah stopping our run then the other way around. good luck stopping our three headed beast.


Sophmore qb vs true freshman qb ...

2 senior running backs vs whoever replaced unga?

Brooks recieving vs Luigi?



yes ... I said the Utes have more talent. Talent alone doesn't win this game though.


you illustrated my point perfectly. Ignorance is bliss.


when it comes to a lot of BYU stuff ... yes ... it is. ;)
A
ABYUFAN
ttexastim wrote:

I'm still laughing that you are still hung up on the fact that I also post on Utefans about BYU.

Just to be clear, I'm not hung up on the fact that you post over there about BYU; I'm fine with that - what bugs me is this...



http://blog.sendlabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/two_face_piece.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



Who you are appears to change based on who you are around. That bugs me. I have no reason to believe that you are being anything other than disingenuous while posting here; like you're coming over here to get more ammunition for your vitriol that you will be posting over there.



Personally I prefer steed, airwolf and jvquarteback to you in that they at least are consistent in who they are.
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Do you know what else is bliss? Beating the Mountain Goats at RES!
A
ABYUFAN
CougarClaw wrote:
Of all the great things this board has, we do lack a significant degree of dissenting opinions. I wouldn't go to Utefans and post the same things I do here, why should ttexastim be any different? And for what it's worth ttexastim didn't post any of that crap on this site, ABYUFAN did.

Dissenting opinions is one thing. Pretending to be who you are apparently not is another. I'm fine with people appreciating ttim here, I just think those who want to dialogue with him should know that they're dealing with someone who will laugh at them behind their back. If I'm going to deal with someone, I'd much rather deal with someone who will laugh at me to my face rather than behind my back....
T
ttexastim
ABYUFAN wrote:

I'm still laughing that you are still hung up on the fact that I also post on Utefans about BYU.

Just to be clear, I'm not hung up on the fact that you post over there about BYU; I'm fine with that - what bugs me is this...



http://blog.sendlabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/two_face_piece.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



Who you are appears to change based on who you are around. That bugs me. I have no reason to believe that you are being anything other than disingenuous while posting here; like you're coming over here to get more ammunition for your vitriol that you will be posting over there.



Personally I prefer steed, airwolf and jvquarteback to you in that they at least are consistent in who they are.


Wow ... should I be concerned that you have put so much thought into me? Thanks for the character assasination attempt. Mighty nice of you to demonize me like this.



Show me one post ... ONE SINGLE POST ... where I have influenced a dialoge here to get ammo to reuse over on my site. Just one. I've never done that. There has been two times, where I commented on a post on this site that I found humorous, and even then, I praised this website as one of the best, with the most down to earth fans. (I noticed you didn't post those comments, since they didn't fit your cherry picking attempt at finding the worst things I joked about)



Sounds like you have your panties in a wad. Time to get over it man. Do I need to read you the story of the indian with the poison arrow? Your attemps to bad mouth me are making you look a little lame.
I
Italics
ttexastim wrote:
Well, it must be that time of year again. Looking forward to a good game.



All in all, I wish I could come in here, and pound my chest like the gorilla man I am, but I'm not feeling that way.



Utah had a tough 2 game funk. Not some little funk, but a big nasty one that made players almost play like they had quit emotionally. That's scary! The win against SDSU was much needed and hopefully we come out firing on all cylinders.



BYU on the other hand, started in a coach induced funk, and is now on an upswing. Lots of good momentum rolling for the team, and they should feel very confident going into this game.



Honestly, I think Utah has more talent this year, and should wipe the floor with you guys ... HOWEVER ... this is the rivalry game. Emotion has a ton to do with it. I'm a bit uneasy having my funky Utes play your confident cougars.



Anyways, I will probably only be around this forum today and tomorrow, so I thought I'd step up and represent! :)


Hmm... :utard: with more talent?



Let's see here.... (and keep in mind many of these are freshman and will be around for a loooong time):



Jake Heaps

Josh Quezada

Stout

Ross Apo

Cody Hoffman

Matt Reynolds

Andrew Rich

Kyle Van Noy

Mckay Jacobsen

Brian Logan

A highly recruited TE corps

Jordan Pendleton



just to name a few. I might give Yewtah the EXPERIENCE factor this year... but the TALENT factor? That's a bit of a... well... actually... it's a huge stretch.
T
ttexastim
Italics wrote:
Well, it must be that time of year again. Looking forward to a good game.



All in all, I wish I could come in here, and pound my chest like the gorilla man I am, but I'm not feeling that way.



Utah had a tough 2 game funk. Not some little funk, but a big nasty one that made players almost play like they had quit emotionally. That's scary! The win against SDSU was much needed and hopefully we come out firing on all cylinders.



BYU on the other hand, started in a coach induced funk, and is now on an upswing. Lots of good momentum rolling for the team, and they should feel very confident going into this game.



Honestly, I think Utah has more talent this year, and should wipe the floor with you guys ... HOWEVER ... this is the rivalry game. Emotion has a ton to do with it. I'm a bit uneasy having my funky Utes play your confident cougars.



Anyways, I will probably only be around this forum today and tomorrow, so I thought I'd step up and represent! :)


Hmm... :utard: with more talent?



Let's see here.... (and keep in mind many of these are freshman and will be around for a loooong time):



Jake Heaps

Josh Quezada

Stout

Ross Apo

Cody Hoffman

Matt Reynolds

Andrew Rich

Kyle Van Noy

Mckay Jacobsen

Brian Logan

A highly recruited TE corps

Jordan Pendleton



just to name a few. I might give Yewtah the EXPERIENCE factor this year... but the TALENT factor? That's a bit of a... well... actually... it's a huge stretch.


Gotta run to a meeting or I'd try and do a similar post ... I will just have to say "TOUCHE!" to the experience vs talent thing for now.
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.