Archived Topic

Collie gets another concussion

by BigCougsFan · 11/22/2010

Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
Collie was on fire tonight against the Pats before the Colts staff walked up and took his helmet away.



5 rec for 60 yds in the 1st qtr. if I'm not mistaken.



At the beginning of the game... I could tell Peyton was extremely comfortable throwing to Collie. As Collie was his main target and the others were not at that time. After he was taken out... I noticed Peyton wasn't very comfortable all game long, and I doubt it was the Patriots horrid pass rush either.
S
Schmoe
I don't know that he got another concussion. If he did, it was a mild one as he never lost consciousness, though they said he seemed light-headed or woozy. Better safe than sorry I suppose.
B
BigCougsFan
Schmoe wrote:
I don't know that he got another concussion. If he did, it was a mild one as he never lost consciousness, though they said he seemed light-headed or woozy. Better safe than sorry I suppose.


Do you have to lose consciousness in order for it to be a concussion? I always thought a second concussion is ten times easier if you just had one, recenctly.
M
Matty-B
I am reading conflicting things. I think some reporters are jumping to conclusions.

I read that Caldwell said that him getting pulled was precautionary and not due to a NEW concussion
S
Schmoe
BigCougsFan wrote:
I don't know that he got another concussion. If he did, it was a mild one as he never lost consciousness, though they said he seemed light-headed or woozy. Better safe than sorry I suppose.


Do you have to lose consciousness in order for it to be a concussion? I always thought a second concussion is ten times easier if you just had one, recenctly.


You don't have to lose consciousness, and it's much milder if you don't. I'm not sure about it being easier to be re-concussed, but I know it is more dangerous once you've already had one, so you want to be much more careful if any signs show up, even if it may not be one or only a 1st degree.
Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
I hope not. A new one might be the deathnell of his career.
C
Cougs_Rule
This is messed up. All those thick-headed, lunk-head players and former players who think "its just the game" and then try to justify it by saying "we cant control when the receiver lowers his helmet (to cover up)". Or "we need to separate the player from the ball"--its just fricken malarky. I'm a Collie fan so I cant really claim what season ticket holders ought to and that is that they pay to see their players play not to get injured by preventable hits. Thank goodness the NCAA has more influence to stop this madness. I dont want to see even FrUtes get injured by helmet-to-helmet hits on defenseless receivers.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.