Archived Topic

Murderers Row

by frdbtr · 11/20/2010

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
I thought we learned our lesson about scheduling this year. Apparently not:



Sept. 3 @ Ole Miss



Sept. 10 @ Texas



Sept. 17 v. Utah



Sept. 23 v. Central Florida



Sept. 30 v. Utah State



Oct. 15 @ Oregon State





If BYU gets through this gauntlett with 3 wins we will be lucky.
C
CAFB_04-12
Next year our offense will be better prepared.
B
beauso79
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
Next year our offense will be better prepared.


As will our defense
C
CougarClaw
beauso79 wrote:
Next year our offense will be better prepared.


As will our defense


as will our opponents. :sulk: :sulk:
B
BigCougsFan
Sept. 3 @ Ole Miss - Their convict QB will be gone after this year

Sept. 10 @ Texas - Is anyone's guess. I would be shocked if they're not awesome next year.

Sept. 17 v. Utah - Wynn will be use to the pounding IF he gets his 70's porn-stash back for this game - should take 6 months to grow.

Sept. 23 v. Central Florida - Sounds like they have an awesome Fr. QB

Sept. 30 v. Utah State - They lose their QB this year too... I think

Oct. 15 @ Oregon State - I expect them to be much better next year.



I can see us losing to Texas and Oregon St. I'm not worried about our season opener. Bronco has perfected winning the season opener. I'm sure Utah is scared of playing us this early... Their first of the season cup cakes will be exposed IF it already wasn't.



If we win all of these... We should be a top 15 team.
Advertisement
B
byucougar1
This season has been a tale of two seasons/teams.



Through the first five contests of the season went 1-4.



Offense averaged 15.2 points per game and defense allowed 28.8 points.



In the past five games, BYU is 4-1.



Offense averaging 31.2 points per game, and defense is yielding 17.8 points.



Take out the loss to TCU and the margin of victory is even greater.



BYU is on the upswing and should do very, very well next year as we return many seasoned starters, have outstanding players in the wing to step up, and have a full season of Bronco managing the D. Next year will shock others with our talent and resulting victories. No worries mate!
C
Cougs_Rule
I agree. Tough schedule. Lets hope ole miss rebuilds next year w new qb. BUt back to back weeks of real competition (Ole miss speed and Texas, both on the road? dont fool yourselves Cougar fans this, this will take a toll. These arent pretend tough teams and schedule, ala, Nevada and Washington. And I hate to say it, but UTah will always play us tough and they will have two patsie warmup games and we will be beat down physically.

An old term in business, "The Golden Handcuff." We will get more gold but at a price. ESPN is already going to own us. Exposure for the church? YES. Exposed for the scheduling flaws and too tough of schedule? Also , YES.
C
catholicmat
BYU never said it would be easy, only worth it. If BYU wins those, BCS bowl will be at the end of the tunnel.



Bottom line is this fellas, BYU needs to get to work right after there bowl game this year. Bronco will make sure of that. No wonder why TCU or Air Force do not want to play BYU in the next few years. They know that BYU will be very, very good. :evil: :crazy:
R
runbyu1
dmcougar, I think you just hit it right on the head.
T
taekwondave
BigCougsFan wrote:
Sept. 3 @ Ole Miss - Their convict QB will be gone after this year

Sept. 10 @ Texas - Is anyone's guess. I would be shocked if they're not awesome next year.

Sept. 17 v. Utah - Wynn will be use to the pounding IF he gets his 70's porn-stash back for this game - should take 6 months to grow.

Sept. 23 v. Central Florida - Sounds like they have an awesome Fr. QB

Sept. 30 v. Utah State - They lose their QB this year too... I think

Oct. 15 @ Oregon State - I expect them to be much better next year.



I can see us losing to Texas and Oregon St. I'm not worried about our season opener. Bronco has perfected winning the season opener. I'm sure Utah is scared of playing us this early... Their first of the season cup cakes will be exposed IF it already wasn't.



If we win all of these... We should be a top 15 team.


More like top 10.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Well, if you just look at the names, it looks like a murderer's row, but if you look at how those teams are performing this season, every one of those games is winnable--of those teams, only UCF and the Utes are bowl eligible right now. I don't know that that any of Ole Miss, Texas, or Oregon State are going to get to six wins this season.



And looking at the Utes and UCF's schedules this season, I don't know that I'd read much into that.



I like this schedule because of the name value, but also because it is possible to run the table also.
B
BroncoBot
snoscythe wrote:
Well, if you just look at the names, it looks like a murderer's row, but if you look at how those teams are performing this season, every one of those games is winnable--of those teams, only UCF and the Utes are bowl eligible right now. I don't know that that any of Ole Miss, Texas, or Oregon State are going to get to six wins this season.



And looking at the Utes and UCF's schedules this season, I don't know that I'd read much into that.



I like this schedule because of the name value, but also because it is possible to run the table also.

exactly what I've been thinking as well. Great names, not so great teams (right now).
C
Cougarbib
My biggest issue is that we keep giving them home field advantage. Which ultmately, will keep us just outside any real BCS discussion.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BigCougsFan
Cougarbib2 wrote:
My biggest issue is that we keep giving them home field advantage. Which ultmately, will keep us just outside any real BCS discussion.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


It's our first year as Independence. What does everyone expect??? We're not going to have others just come into our house and play us ON our first year, which is only months away. It takes time to schedule other schools to come into our house. BYU is working with others ESPECIALLY when it's the others with the open slot available, and they agree to play us, when we approach them.



If we don't work with them... We won't even have a decent schedule. Yeah... We can get other schools to come play us. Like D-II schools, but then you would be bitching about that, too.



It hasn't even been a year since our announcement of Independence and we have some pretty impressive big named schools coming into our house.
L
Lawboy
I think 4-2 is likely. Having said that, only game I am really worried about is at Texas. The rest are all winnable, and even Texas could be with how poor they have been this year. Tough--yes. Impossible? Not by a longshot.
Advertisement
K
KYCoug
BigCougsFan wrote:
Sept. 3 @ Ole Miss - Their convict QB will be gone after this year

I can see us losing to Texas and Oregon St. I'm not worried about our season opener. Bronco has perfected winning the season opener.


We should win the opener, I wouldn't say I'm not worried about it though. Our record against the SEC isn't very good, for that matter our record east of the Mississippi River isn't that good on the road. Bronco does know how to win the opener, and Ole Miss lost to Jacksonville State at home in their opener. I watched half of their game with LSU today. There isn't much finesse to their game, but they do come at ya and hit hard. You could also see there was a lot of jaw jacking and after the play activity. It may be a very ugly game but we should win. Just not going to say I'm not worried about this one though.



Go Cougs!



L Hatton

Louisville, KY
B
BigCougsFan
KYCoug wrote:
Sept. 3 @ Ole Miss - Their convict QB will be gone after this year

I can see us losing to Texas and Oregon St. I'm not worried about our season opener. Bronco has perfected winning the season opener.


We should win the opener, I wouldn't say I'm not worried about it though. Our record against the SEC isn't very good, for that matter our record east of the Mississippi River isn't that good on the road. Bronco does know how to win the opener, and Ole Miss lost to Jacksonville State at home in their opener. I watched half of their game with LSU today. There isn't much finesse to their game, but they do come at ya and hit hard. You could also see there was a lot of jaw jacking and after the play activity. It may be a very ugly game but we should win. Just not going to say I'm not worried about this one though.



Go Cougs!



L Hatton

Louisville, KY


Yeah... I'm not worried about it.
M
Metal Bubba
So the rest of the schedule will be filled by WAC teams, right? Have those teams been identified yet?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CAFB_04-12
From Wrubell's Cougar Tracks:



Holmoe and BYU have now publicly confirmed 11 of the anticipated 12 games on BYU's 2011 schedule.



Sept. 3 @ Ole Miss



Sept. 10 @ Texas



Sept. 17 v. Utah



Sept. 23 v. Central Florida



Sept. 30 v. Utah State



Oct. 15 @ Oregon State



Dates TBA for:



Home games with Idaho, San Jose State, New Mexico State and a likely FCS opponent.



Away games at Hawaii and Louisiana Tech.
M
mizzoucoug
BigCougsFan wrote:
My biggest issue is that we keep giving them home field advantage. Which ultmately, will keep us just outside any real BCS discussion.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


It's our first year as Independence. What does everyone expect??? We're not going to have others just come into our house and play us ON our first year, which is only months away. It takes time to schedule other schools to come into our house. BYU is working with others ESPECIALLY when it's the others with the open slot available, and they agree to play us, when we approach them.



If we don't work with them... We won't even have a decent schedule. Yeah... We can get other schools to come play us. Like D-II schools, but then you would be bitching about that, too.



It hasn't even been a year since our announcement of Independence and we have some pretty impressive big named schools coming into our house.


Well stated. We've put together a schedule in a matter of what, 4 months for an entire 12-13 game schedule that begins in less than a year? That's tough to do. I like the schedule a lot even though 2 tough roadies to start off with kind of sucks. What are you gonna do?
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.