Archived Topic

"BYU nearly bowl eligible after 1-4 start"

by BigCougsFan · 11/19/2010

Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
Bronco's comments looking back on this season,


It is as gratifying, if not more, than any season I have coached here,” Mendenhall said earlier this week. “Because, again, of where we have come from, and the improvement I see and the change in the players -- not only how they are playing, but the way they carry themselves. I have always just kind of professed that coaching is nothing but teaching, and teaching is service-driven. And that’s to help the players.



And when you see them growing in confidence, and just their spirit and how they are walking around, it is fun. And that’s more important to me than the scores. But let’s be honest, without the scores being on our side, sometimes they won't get to that point.


I'm glad to hear this.



The article talks about Ashworth and how he feels after our horrid start,
“I took it upon myself to step up and practice extra hard,” Ashworth said in a telephone interview. “We were pretty frustrated when we were at that low point, especially the seniors. I thought we were going to do a lot better. But being a young offense, we’ve progressed a ton since that point. The bowl game is in the back of our minds, but we’ve been really focused on each game in front of us.”


Obviously Ashworth is night and day better.



Can't wait to watch our Cougars win another Bowl game this year!



http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/33197/byu-nearly-bowl-eligible-after-1-4-start
I
Italics
BYU will go bowling. I'm rarely this confident - but there's not a snowballs chance in hell that BYU loses to New Mexico in Provo. Just ain't happening.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.