Archived Topic

Ute band classless at ND too, not just BYU

by hawkwing · 11/15/2010

Advertisement
G
Guest
I don't read utefans.net but I saw this on facebook and had to share it.



Looks like the Ute band not only tromp all over our traditions at senior night, they also do so at Notre Dame and even their own fans are starting to recognize how classless they are.



http://www.utefans.net/message.php?id=1112130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
K
KYCoug
That's interesting, my brother-in-law is a big ND fan, something to do with his Catholic upbringing. He was at the game and was actually on the field with his friend who is the ND communications director. He mentioned to me that the ND band was playing over the utard band and they were a bit embarrassed that their (ND) band would do that. He also mentioned that Utah traveled very well to South Bend and that those who came were very polite and represented their school well. I'm sure ND enjoys bringing people in and handing them their lunch on the field. Not so sure this is a legit complaint even if it is coming from their own.



Go Cougs!



L Hatton

Louisville, KY
G
Guest
The word I'm hearing is that the Utes would start playing anytime they heard the ND Band start playing and then played during their traditional silent period, which enraged the crowd to a chorus of boos that were louder than the cheering on the blocked punt returned for a fumble.
B
BigCougsFan
Funny thing about it all... They had to raise $30,000 to get the band there. Then they even make their own fans upset at them.



[youtube]BHtNxOV8JdU[/youtube]
Y
YBrit
I hope that the band had a sign telling folks at SB that the band people are from out of state, and those that are local do not represent the attractiveness level of persons from the state.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
YBrit wrote:
I hope that the band had a sign telling folks at SB that the band people are from out of state, and those that are local do not represent the attractiveness level of persons from the state.


I wish the Utard frUtes would take a sign wherever they went letting people know that they don't represent the state at all :sick: :sulk:
U
Ungoy
Okay, I want that minute of my life back. I don't even know why I watched that utard band ad. It was one of the most retarded videos I have ever seen.



And wow, the yewt band is boorish. Completely classless. From playing through the BYU senior blanket ceremony, to playing their utard man song after every deadball at LES and now trampling the traditions of one of the most storied programs in all of college football. Nicely done utards. I very much hate their band.
I
Italics
KYCoug wrote:
That's interesting, my brother-in-law is a big ND fan, something to do with his Catholic upbringing. He was at the game and was actually on the field with his friend who is the ND communications director. He mentioned to me that the ND band was playing over the utard band and they were a bit embarrassed that their (ND) band would do that. He also mentioned that Utah traveled very well to South Bend and that those who came were very polite and represented their school well. I'm sure ND enjoys bringing people in and handing them their lunch on the field. Not so sure this is a legit complaint even if it is coming from their own.



Go Cougs!



L Hatton

Louisville, KY


That's because the only :utard:'s who are going to travel that far to a game are true :utard: fans.



If they had come to the RES, they'd be seeing the "other" side of the :utard: fanbase
M
Mingjai
If it makes anyone feel better, tonight my wife and I were on our way home from dinner at a friend's house, and as we were walking out of the Chicago Red Line L stop, I saw a group of U fans having a hard time figuring out the subway exit doors, illustrated below (do they not have these in SLC?)--



http://karul.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/subway-door.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



I couldn't help it but blurt out: "Come on Utah--you're looking as slow as your team was yesterday!" I didn't identify myself as a BYU fan, but they were too embarrassed to look.



[EDIT: a few typos...]
I
Italics
Mingjai wrote:
If it makes anyone feel better, tonight my wife and I were on our way home from dinner at a friend's house, and as were walking out of Chicago Red Line L stop, I saw a group of U fans having a hard time figuring out the subway exit doors, illustrated below (do they not have these in SLC?)--



http://karul.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/subway-door.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



I couldn't help it but blurt out: "Come on Utah--you're looking as slow as your team was yesterday!" I didn't identify myself as a BYU fan, but they were too embarrassed to look.


well played :lol:
Advertisement
T
tmoney35
First of all, I'm eternally grateful that our website is nothing like their's. Practically unreadable.



Secondly, why did they keep bring up that the band is "new to this" as an excuse? What are they new to?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.