Archived Topic

RER and other Notes

by SpiffCoug · 11/14/2010

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Ashworth: 444.87

Kariya: 133.60

Jacobson: 226.00

DiLuigi: 87.80

Hoffman: 163.20

Meuhlmann: 318.40

Mahina: 142.00

Hafoka: 171.40

Mendenhall: 192.40



Heaps on 3rd Down was 7-7 for 82 yards and a rating of 198.40. The last two games he has all of three incompletions on 3rd down with a rating of 212.13.



If my count is correct, it took Heaps 7 starts to get a rating over 200. It took Beck 12 games and Hall 15.



BYU is now 40-6 under Bronco when they have 33 or more rushing attempts. When they rush for 150 or more the record is 29-4.



BYU has scored 42 or more in the last three wins over CSU.



BYU has scored 52 or more three times under Bronco against UNLV. I fully expect BYU to make four times.



The fewest rushing yards BYU has had against UNLV under Bronco is 209 and the lowest yards per rush average is 4.9.



Three of the last five games against UNLV have featured at least 500 yards of offense.
Y
Yndian
Were those meant to be stats against UNM?
L
Lawboy
I have been harsh on Anae this year, but I need to give him credit the last 2 games for calling great games. Not perfect, but great. My area of happiness is that some of my biggest complaints with formation and routes have been partially addressed the last 2 games. Primarily, the wide side receiver has gone in motion, or run inward slants to become part of the play maig the D defend all 11 guys, WRs are running drags across the middle, as we saw on one Ashowrth TD, and more quick slants, as we saw on another TD. I still want to see the TE work the middle more and the WRs work the deep middle more (see what SDSU did to TCU doing that??). The play calling the last 2 weeks in the passing game has helped the team be better, and the team looks comfortable executing it, which is nice.



Our young team has taken lumps this year, but shown resilience to bounce back. When I se how other young teams are struggling this year (Texas), I am happy with the trajectory of this team.
C
Cougs_Rule
Thanks as always for the stats Kitic. Good stuff.
C
Cougy_Monster
Lawboy wrote:
I have been harsh on Anae this year, but I need to give him credit the last 2 games for calling great games. Not perfect, but great. My area of happiness is that some of my biggest complaints with formation and routes have been partially addressed the last 2 games. Primarily, the wide side receiver has gone in motion, or run inward slants to become part of the play maig the D defend all 11 guys, WRs are running drags across the middle, as we saw on one Ashowrth TD, and more quick slants, as we saw on another TD. I still want to see the TE work the middle more and the WRs work the deep middle more (see what SDSU did to TCU doing that??). The play calling the last 2 weeks in the passing game has helped the team be better, and the team looks comfortable executing it, which is nice.



Our young team has taken lumps this year, but shown resilience to bounce back. When I se how other young teams are struggling this year (Texas), I am happy with the trajectory of this team.


The play calling has been better. I just hope it isn't better because Bronco told Anae what needed to change.

The OC shouldn't need to be told anything about play calling. Anae's play calling has changed now, but I wonder if his rigidity in general is any different? We'll only find out the next time we're down at half time, hoping there is a twist to the gameplan in the 2nd half.



On the topic of this thread, I'm blown away by the night-and-day difference in Ashworth and the rest of the receivers. I was ready to pull the plug on them and Bronco brought them back to life. Amazing.
Advertisement
M
mtnradio
OK, Kitic ... love what you've done, but I want to understand something ... in a perfect theoretical world, what IS the highest possible RER? (this may have been previously addressed and I may just be an idiot ... if either is the case, I apologize)
S
SpiffCoug
mtnradio wrote:
OK, Kitic ... love what you've done, but I want to understand something ... in a perfect theoretical world, what IS the highest possible RER? (this may have been previously addressed and I may just be an idiot ... if either is the case, I apologize)

There is really no cap on PER/RER like there is in the NFL. Theoretically, perfection is like 1,261.00 or something ridiculous like that.



In all honesty, 200 is pretty much a perfect game. There have been 20 games since 2000 where either BYU or their opponent had a PER over 200. The record is 19-1 (.950). The only loss came in 2001 in the BYU-Mississippi St game. Both team had a PER over 200, BYU's was just slightly higher. When you have a PER over 200, you win and win big. Average score: 47.9-20.1.
F
frdbtr
kitic77 wrote:
OK, Kitic ... love what you've done, but I want to understand something ... in a perfect theoretical world, what IS the highest possible RER? (this may have been previously addressed and I may just be an idiot ... if either is the case, I apologize)

There is really no cap on PER/RER like there is in the NFL. Theoretically, perfection is like 1,261.00 or something ridiculous like that.



In all honesty, 200 is pretty much a perfect game. There have been 20 games since 2000 where either BYU or their opponent had a PER over 200. The record is 19-1 (.950). The only loss came in 2001 in the BYU-Mississippi St game. Both team had a PER over 200, BYU's was just slightly higher. When you have a PER over 200, you win and win big. Average score: 47.9-20.1.


BYU beat Mississippi State in 2001.
S
SpiffCoug
frdbtr wrote:
mtnradio wrote:
OK, Kitic ... love what you've done, but I want to understand something ... in a perfect theoretical world, what IS the highest possible RER? (this may have been previously addressed and I may just be an idiot ... if either is the case, I apologize)

There is really no cap on PER/RER like there is in the NFL. Theoretically, perfection is like 1,261.00 or something ridiculous like that.



In all honesty, 200 is pretty much a perfect game. There have been 20 games since 2000 where either BYU or their opponent had a PER over 200. The record is 19-1 (.950). The only loss came in 2001 in the BYU-Mississippi St game. Both team had a PER over 200, BYU's was just slightly higher. When you have a PER over 200, you win and win big. Average score: 47.9-20.1.


BYU beat Mississippi State in 2001.

Correct. BYU's PER in that game was 207.06. Mississippi St's was 203.44.
F
frdbtr
kitic77 wrote:
kitic77 wrote:
OK, Kitic ... love what you've done, but I want to understand something ... in a perfect theoretical world, what IS the highest possible RER? (this may have been previously addressed and I may just be an idiot ... if either is the case, I apologize)

There is really no cap on PER/RER like there is in the NFL. Theoretically, perfection is like 1,261.00 or something ridiculous like that.



In all honesty, 200 is pretty much a perfect game. There have been 20 games since 2000 where either BYU or their opponent had a PER over 200. The record is 19-1 (.950). The only loss came in 2001 in the BYU-Mississippi St game. Both team had a PER over 200, BYU's was just slightly higher. When you have a PER over 200, you win and win big. Average score: 47.9-20.1.


BYU beat Mississippi State in 2001.

Correct. BYU's PER in that game was 207.06. Mississippi St's was 203.44.


I had misread your statement about the 20 games, I thought they were all games where BYU had a QB rating of 200. I reread it and now your original statement makes sense in context to the miss state game. By the way, what is Jakes overall PER now after yesterday's game.
Advertisement
M
mtnradio
That helps. Thank you



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
BYULV wrote:
Heaps PER of 242 was second best in the NCAA for the week.



http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/stats/2010/divia/individual/weekly/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Against some guy from Western Michigan. WMU also won and put up 45 points. Again, if you get above 200, you win and score a lot of points.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.