Archived Topic

High School State Championships

by crh55 · 11/14/2010

Advertisement
C
crh55
With the Utah state championship games being played at Rice Chex stadium this Friday, there will no doubt some intriguing games and performances by some current and future commits.



One match-up that will be particularly interesting will be the 4A game with Highland playing Mountain crest. Highland's QB is Shakey Smithson's little brother and apparenly he's going to be a :utard:, and Mountain Crest's QB, Alex Kuresa is headed our way. I'm not sure but it i think Mountain Crest is foretasted to win.



I find Kuresa very interesting, he's from Logan and seems athletic and mobile, but somewhat undersized. Sounds familiar right? I just wonder what his future is at BYU.



As painful as it is to compliment the :utard:'s, i do admire how they have been able to recruit guys who were athletic QB's in high school and have them play other positions where they can be more successful. Eric Weddle, Paul Kruger, and their current leading receiver Devonte Christopher all played QB in high school.



I would like us to cut to the chase and turn guys like Riley and Alex Kuresa into dominant players, playing positions other than QB. I also hope the BYU commits shine on Friday.
C
craigoscarson
crh55 wrote:
With the Utah state championship games being played at Rice Chex stadium this Friday, there will no doubt some intriguing games and performances by some current and future commits.



One match-up that will be particularly interesting will be the 4A game with Highland playing Mountain crest. Highland's QB is Shakey Smithson's little brother and apparenly he's going to be a :utard:, and Mountain Crest's QB, Alex Kuresa is headed our way. I'm not sure but it i think Mountain Crest is foretasted to win.



I find Kuresa very interesting, he's from Logan and seems athletic and mobile, but somewhat undersized. Sounds familiar right? I just wonder what his future is at BYU.



As painful as it is to compliment the :utard:'s, i do admire how they have been able to recruit guys who were athletic QB's in high school and have them play other positions where they can be more successful. Eric Weddle, Paul Kruger, and their current leading receiver Devonte Christopher all played QB in high school.



I would like us to cut to the chase and turn guys like Riley and Alex Kuresa into dominant players, playing positions other than QB. I also hope the BYU commits shine on Friday.


I'm not sure that Kuresa isn't in the mold of Doug Flutie; a guy that really can play QB. His numbers and completion % are extremely high (I believe he owns the state record for combined passing/rushing and TDs). He'll be an asset to this team, even if it ends up just being the backup qb and he'll be one of those post Heaps QBs that we need for the next transition.
S
Schmoe
I would rather we recruit speedy running backs and beef them up to play other positions, ala TCU, than get extra QBs.
C
craigoscarson
Schmoe wrote:
I would rather we recruit speedy running backs and beef them up to play other positions, ala TCU, than get extra QBs.


We could use a few more TEs too ;)



BTW - Adam Timo played QB his senior year and i assure you all that he's more athletic than any Smithson on this planet.
J
JamieVallen
Good I'm glad the Utes will get another player that probably cant hold on to the ball to save his life. Assuming that he won't play qb for the Utes, because of course if he did his whole purpose would be not hanging onto the ball... Sorry I just don't like Shaky and I truly believe he's very over rated.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
Y
YBrit
Timo on his mission?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.