Archived Topic

From the Stan

by UliUli79 · 11/14/2010

Advertisement
U
UliUli79
I had to take a moment to drop a quick line from Afghanistan. We're 11.5 hrs difference from Coug Country and so the chances to listen to games are few. I wish I could claim that I was faithful enough to stay up all hours of the night for every game, but my job here is on a medical trauam team called a forward surgical team (FST). We're expected to be rested and ready to go on a moments notice and sometimes it doesn't stop for a while.



Enough about my situation. THANK YOU COUGS! My unit is out of SLC and most of them are Utah fans. I was getting sick of the smugness over the Cougs struggles. I take my hat off to the team for the depth of character that it shows to turn around a season like that. I can't help but think that Bronco getting more involved was a big part of it. It's a bit sad that they've finally come together so late in the season, but this team has incredible potential.



Lastly, I've been looking closely at Utah (slap my hand for looking past NMU, but I can't help myself). They really don't have a big win. Their best win is probably against Air Force and the flyboys' best win, believe it or not, is probably the Cougs. Pitt? Look at their record... no quality wins. Iowa State? Same thing... no quality wins. We both got the beat down from TCU (where did SDSU come from to only lose by 5?). Notre Dame is not that good friends and look what they did to the Yewts. For the first time since week 2, I think that we've got a real chance of beating the Yewts. If not... it's going to be a long last couple of months in the Stan. Stupid Yewt fans... is fratricide considered Christ like?
I
Italics
I can't believe they let Yewts in the military!



Or maybe they take a "don't ask, don't tell" approach to it...
B
BYULV
Good luck over there, and with the Utah fans. Seems you can't go anywhere to get away from them. They're kind of like roaches and Mosquitos that way. One more reason for byu to win out, it will make your time in Afghanistan a bit more bearable.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
U
urroner
UliUli79 wrote:
Stupid Yewt fans... is fratricide considered Christ like?


If it puts them out of your misery, then it's something to think about.
S
SpiffCoug
UliUli79 wrote:
I had to take a moment to drop a quick line from Afghanistan. We're 11.5 hrs difference from Coug Country and so the chances to listen to games are few. I wish I could claim that I was faithful enough to stay up all hours of the night for every game,

You can go to KSL and download the audio for each game and then listen later. That's what my team and I did when I was over there.
Advertisement
I
imuakahuku
From all the comments it appears to me that Bronco started to fall into the Lavell tradition of letting the coaches be responsible for their parts and reserve himself to being the Head Coach. I think when he went back to his own way of coaching (very hands on) and took back the D it changed the entire team. The only thing I can come up with then is that he promote another to assistant head coach or put more on Reynolds so that a lot of the HC responsibilies don't fall by the wayside or overburden Bronco to the point of him burning out.
M
mtnradio
uliuli and kitic and the others on this forum who have served:



THANK YOU!



Come home safe.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
U
urroner
mtnradio wrote:
uliuli and kitic and the others on this forum who have served:



THANK YOU!



Come home safe.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I agree and a great HEE HAW salute to all of you.



http://www.thehagertwins.com/File0356.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CAFB_04-12
Stay warm out there in Afghaniland.



You are not forgotten.
U
UliUli79
Much thanks for all of the well wishes and encouragement guys. Oh, and thanks for the heads up Kitic on the audio downloads. That'll come in handy.



In regards to the coaching situation, it'll be interesting to see what happens here. I don't know if Bronco will be willing to give up that DC job a second time. He needs a mini-me or someone with an identical football philosophy for that spot.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.