Archived Topic

I still say Munns and Lark deserve a chance

by cougman · 11/14/2010

Advertisement
C
cougman
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:





Just kidding. I know the receivers have stepped up, but during those 2 weeks that Jake had to prepare for UNLV, something obviously happened. The guy is an absolute FBS Stud QB. I don't care who it has been against, because he also looked lost against similar competition.



Anyhow, I don't think I was ever wrong or out of line in wanting to see Munns and or Lark, but I can say that I'm soooo stoked about what Jake has done and what it looks like he is going to continue to be. And I was wrong about Jake getting to this level this season. I thought he was a whole season away. Sweet to be wrong about that.



Our season may not have started any worse than we could have imagined, but Utah's is going to end worse than they ever could have imagined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :utard: :utard: :utard:
B
BYULV
Like the post. I don't care who you are, you don't score 50 and nearly shutouts with mediocre teams even when playing poor teams. Byu is a good football team right now, too bad for the lobos and utes who have been exposed.



I predict two more wins, second place in MWC and back to the BYU bowl in Vegas against which PAC team I have no idea...but we will win, of course.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
BYULV wrote:
I predict two more wins, second place in MWC and back to the BYU bowl in Vegas against which PAC team I have no idea...but we will win, of course.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

It's either the fifth or sixth PAC-10 team, which could be Oregon St, Cal or Arizona St. I think we'd beat any of those.
B
BYULV
kitic77 wrote:
I predict two more wins, second place in MWC and back to the BYU bowl in Vegas against which PAC team I have no idea...but we will win, of course.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

It's either the fifth or sixth PAC-10 team, which could be Oregon St, Cal or Arizona St. I think we'd beat any of those.


Isn't there some scenario where we play 4th place PAC team?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
YBrit
If Anae or Bronco have any say all 4 qbs will have an equal shot. :sulk:
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Stop encouraging him. :-)
B
Brayden Green
Byu isn't going to the. LV biwl unless they win out, and still maybe not then.



TCU is busting, and possibly playing for the "NC."



The 2nd choice is Ytah. Eveb if Utah loses out, an 8-4 Puke team has the edge against a 7-5 BYU team. But we have a chance in that scenario.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
N
northerncougar
cougman wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:





Just kidding. I know the receivers have stepped up, but during those 2 weeks that Jake had to prepare for UNLV, something obviously happened. The guy is an absolute FBS Stud QB. I don't care who it has been against, because he also looked lost against similar competition.



Anyhow, I don't think I was ever wrong or out of line in wanting to see Munns and or Lark, but I can say that I'm soooo stoked about what Jake has done and what it looks like he is going to continue to be. And I was wrong about Jake getting to this level this season. I thought he was a whole season away. Sweet to be wrong about that.



Our season may not have started any worse than we could have imagined, but Utah's is going to end worse than they ever could have imagined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :utard: :utard: :utard:


Are you kidding me? Man up and admit you were wrong. Putting Lark or Munn's in would have been the worse possible thing to do to Heaps. Yeah, the kid struggled and we can rehash ad nauseum all the reasons, but pulling him would have started the QB carousel that Crowton failed miserably at. Had that happened, there is no way he is where is he today.



Can't believe after what we say today that you can honestly say that you weren't wrong. Seriously.
B
BYULV
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Byu isn't going to the. LV biwl unless they win out, and still maybe not then.



TCU is busting, and possibly playing for the "NC."



The 2nd choice is Ytah. Eveb if Utah loses out, an 8-4 Puke team has the edge against a 7-5 BYU team. But we have a chance in that scenario.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


If we win out we are 7-5, second place in MWC. The LV Bowl gets first choice of teams after Tcu goes to bcs. Why would LV bowl take an 8-4 Utah team (I pick them to lose at sdsu as well) on a 4 game losing streak when they can have 7-5 BYU with a 4 game winning streak and winning 5 of last 6?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
BYULV wrote:
Why would LV bowl take an 8-4 Utah team (I pick them to lose at sdsu as well) on a 4 game losing streak when they can have 7-5 BYU with a 4 game winning streak

Wyoming

UNLV

CSU

UNM

UU



5 game winning streak. :love:
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Mars wrote:
Why would LV bowl take an 8-4 Utah team (I pick them to lose at sdsu as well) on a 4 game losing streak when they can have 7-5 BYU with a 4 game winning streak

Wyoming

UNLV

CSU

UNM

UU



5 game winning streak. :love:

And Utah may have 3 conference losses and we may have only two - hard to imagine LV taking 3rd place Utah over 2nd place BYU if that plays out.



But, hey - let's beat UNM and then Utah and let it all sort out. A win over Utah will be as sweet as the one most didn't expect last tear when they were hating Max Hall.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
Cougarbib2 wrote:
A win over Utah will be as sweet as the one most didn't expect last tear when they were hating Max Hall.

Speak for yourself troll. In fact, don't even do that anymore.
C
cougman
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Byu isn't going to the. LV biwl unless they win out, and still maybe not then.



TCU is busting, and possibly playing for the "NC."



The 2nd choice is Ytah. Eveb if Utah loses out, an 8-4 Puke team has the edge against a 7-5 BYU team. But we have a chance in that scenario.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


TCU is going to be lucky getting into a BCS game. Their best win (Baylor, Utah, or Oregon St) is turning out to be a fraud and a complete joke. If we played TCU this saturday, I would like our chances....a lot. Throw that in with the fact that there is no way the BCS mob would ever allow a non AQ into the championship game. But again, they don't even deserve to be in the conversation.
C
cougman
northerncougar wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:





[b....]Anyhow, I don't think I was ever wrong or out of line in wanting to see Munns and or Lark,[/b] but I can say that I'm soooo stoked about what Jake has done and what it looks like he is going to continue to be. And I was wrong about Jake getting to this level this season. I thought he was a whole season away. Sweet to be wrong about that.


Are you kidding me? Man up and admit you were wrong. Putting Lark or Munn's in would have been the worse possible thing to do to Heaps. Yeah, the kid struggled and we can rehash ad nauseum all the reasons, but pulling him would have started the QB carousel that Crowton failed miserably at. Had that happened, there is no way he is where is he today.



Can't believe after what we say today that you can honestly say that you weren't wrong. Seriously.


1st) Apparently you think Munns and Lark are a couple of chumps we found off the intramural squads who had no chance of doing better than Heaps (2nd to last in PER in all of FBS). Look into their backgrounds - they were both studs and will in all likelihood end up starting somewhere else after they transfer. So in that area, I wasn't even close to being wrong. Jake's a big boy. I don't think he's as fragile as you paint him. Who knows, maybe he would have responded quicker had we had a taste of Munns or Lark?

2nd) I DID admit that I was wrong. I had no idea that from one game to the next the guy would go from Tom Brandstater to Tom Brady. Judging from his first games, it looked like it would take a long time as he was even regressing (see Wyoming). But again....I was wrong. Try reading the whole post, brother.
I
imuakahuku
After watching the U vs ND game and seeing their "stud" qb, I have to say LOL! Man I am sooo glad we got Jake!
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
cougman wrote:
Byu isn't going to the. LV biwl unless they win out, and still maybe not then.



TCU is busting, and possibly playing for the "NC."



The 2nd choice is Ytah. Eveb if Utah loses out, an 8-4 Puke team has the edge against a 7-5 BYU team. But we have a chance in that scenario.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


TCU is going to be lucky getting into a BCS game. Their best win (Baylor, Utah, or Oregon St) is turning out to be a fraud and a complete joke. If we played TCU this saturday, I would like our chances....a lot. Throw that in with the fact that there is no way the BCS mob would ever allow a non AQ into the championship game. But again, they don't even deserve to be in the conversation.


We scored 17 points in 12 quarters. I like TCU's chances against us any time. They certainly have our number. And they aren't going to be lucky to get into a BCS bowl if they win out. Do you watch college football?
C
cougman
BlueIsBetter wrote:



We scored 17 points in 12 quarters. I like TCU's chances against us any time. They certainly have our number. And they aren't going to be lucky to get into a BCS bowl if they win out. Do you watch college football?


They do have our number, although we have tended to help them (Max's interceptions vs TCU come to mind). However, they WOULD BE VERY LUCKY if they get into a BCS game. Listing their best wins is fun: Utah (LOL), Oregon St (LOL), Baylor, and SDSU. There are countless 1 loss teams that would be way more deserving. TCU is good and very well could compete with the best, but their schedule this year has been a joke. At least they have NM to beef it up :skeptic:
B
Brayden Green
cougman wrote:



We scored 17 points in 12 quarters. I like TCU's chances against us any time. They certainly have our number. And they aren't going to be lucky to get into a BCS bowl if they win out. Do you watch college football?


They do have our number, although we have tended to help them (Max's interceptions vs TCU come to mind). However, they WOULD BE VERY LUCKY if they get into a BCS game. Listing their best wins is fun: Utah (LOL), Oregon St (LOL), Baylor, and SDSU. There are countless 1 loss teams that would be way more deserving. TCU is good and very well could compete with the best, but their schedule this year has been a joke. At least they have NM to beef it up :skeptic:


It's not about quality wins. It is about whether or not you are perceived to be good. What quality wins does BSU, Oregon, and anyone else in the tp 5-10 have? Not really any.



TCU is perceived to be good, so they are. Plus, prior to SDSU they were holding opponents to 8 points a game. TCU is no schlub team. They are the real deal. I personally think that they are if not the best team in the country, they are right there at the top. There isn't a team that they couldn't win 2 out of 3 this year.
C
Cougarbib
TCU is very good and whether they are or are not, if they win out, they are going BCS bowling. That is how it works. Everyone whines about your schedule but you go BCS.



NC is a different story. Auburn and others need to lose



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
cougman
BlueIsBetter wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:



We scored 17 points in 12 quarters. I like TCU's chances against us any time. They certainly have our number. And they aren't going to be lucky to get into a BCS bowl if they win out. Do you watch college football?


They do have our number, although we have tended to help them (Max's interceptions vs TCU come to mind). However, they WOULD BE VERY LUCKY if they get into a BCS game. Listing their best wins is fun: Utah (LOL), Oregon St (LOL), Baylor, and SDSU. There are countless 1 loss teams that would be way more deserving. TCU is good and very well could compete with the best, but their schedule this year has been a joke. At least they have NM to beef it up :skeptic:


It's not about quality wins. It is about whether or not you are perceived to be good. What quality wins does BSU, Oregon, and anyone else in the tp 5-10 have? Not really any.



TCU is perceived to be good, so they are. Plus, prior to SDSU they were holding opponents to 8 points a game. TCU is no schlub team. They are the real deal. I personally think that they are if not the best team in the country, they are right there at the top. There isn't a team that they couldn't win 2 out of 3 this year.


I will cede you that perception is very important because that is what directly influences the human polls. But the computers do rate quality wins. Oregon has wins over Stanford and USC, both of whom are ranked and if they beat Arizona that will be another. BSU has Va Tech and if they beat Nevada that will be another. TCU has Utah which is a joke and they won't be ranked anymore after this week. If they manage a miracle and beat SDSU we'll pummel them anyway.



My point is this: even a 1 loss LSU is far more deserving than TCU, even more deserving than BSU. That doesn't mean BSU or TCU couldn't beat LSU - I think they both WOULD WIN. But look at what they've done this year. All of this crap is just further proof that it's all a joke until we see a playoff.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.