Archived Topic

Number one turnaround

by BoiseBYU · 11/13/2010

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
I can't tell whether the more amazing turn around is with the D. post USU or Ashworth, WY forward? I know some of you will want to raise Heaps, but I think, in my humble view, he is more of a nice progression and is right on track...The other two, though, unbelieavable!
S
SpiffCoug
The passing game has been the biggest turn around. The PER magic number is 140. We were at 131 in the first game and then had five or our next six games with a PER below 97. We didn't approach 140 again until last week. Heaps deserves a ton of credit for the level to which he's raised his game the last two weeks.
B
BroncoBot
BoiseBYU wrote:
I can't tell whether the more amazing turn around is with the D. post USU or Ashworth, WY forward? I know some of you will want to raise Heaps, but I think, in my humble view, he is more of a nice progression and is right on track...The other two, though, unbelieavable!

After watching Ashworth last year, we all knew he had major potential. You're right though, for a while there he looked like he had never played D1 football before. Glad he got it straightened out.
Y
YBrit
I was looking forward to Chambers, Jacobson, Stephenson (saw speed in him) and Hoffman more than anything, and they have all been slightly "worthless" at times, though I'm most impressed with Hoffman as of late, he's a team player and deserves to take over punt returns as well IMO
B
BroncoBot
YBrit wrote:
I was looking forward to Chambers, Jacobson, Stephenson (saw speed in him) and Hoffman more than anything, and they have all been slightly "worthless" at times, though I'm most impressed with Hoffman as of late, he's a team player and deserves to take over punt returns as well IMO

no way, Falslev deserves every touch he gets.
Advertisement
F
Florwood
A week and half ago at the Utah County Cougar Club luncheon Coach Doman said Ashworth's high ankle sprain was healed (not that I ever knew he had one), and that he would have a breakout game. The last two games have borne that out.
B
BOID
Ashworth's re-emergence has been nothing short of amazing. But I wonder what was happening with Hoffman. I caught only part of the game on line, and did not take note of him. Hoffman has been very impressive in his athleticism. I have been surprised by the emergence of those two--Hoffman and Falslev.



The return of a running defense was also dramatic, but something I expected, to be honest. Once Bronco took over the D, then I believed it would turn around.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.