Archived Topic

I'm Calling it right now

by frdbtr · 11/13/2010

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
BYU wins out. This offense could be better then last years at this point in the season and the defense is better then it was last year. BYU's early passing struggles made them a really good running team and now the passing has come around. When was the last time you saw a BYU team rush for 200 yards in a game so many times in 1 year. With the exception of the TCU game, They have run for 200+ yards every game since the SDSU game. Now the passing game has come together. I don't see them losing to utah or to a bowl team.
B
Brayden Green
frdbtr wrote:
BYU wins out. This offense could be better then last years at this point in the season and the defense is better then it was last year. BYU's early passing struggles made them a really good running team and now the passing has come around. When was the last time you saw a BYU team rush for 200 yards in a game so many times in 1 year. With the exception of the TCU game, They have run for 200+ yards every game since the SDSU game. Now the passing game has come together. I don't see them losing to utah or to a bowl team.


I want to be there with you. I hope our receivers can get separation against Utah. If that happens, we win. I think that SDSU might even beat Utah next week.
F
frdbtr
BlueIsBetter wrote:
BYU wins out. This offense could be better then last years at this point in the season and the defense is better then it was last year. BYU's early passing struggles made them a really good running team and now the passing has come around. When was the last time you saw a BYU team rush for 200 yards in a game so many times in 1 year. With the exception of the TCU game, They have run for 200+ yards every game since the SDSU game. Now the passing game has come together. I don't see them losing to utah or to a bowl team.


I want to be there with you. I hope our receivers can get separation against Utah. If that happens, we win. I think that SDSU might even beat Utah next week.


utah is losing big to a bad Notre Dame team. It looks like their cream puff sched is coming back to bite them.
S
SpiffCoug
frdbtr wrote:
When was the last time you saw a BYU team rush for 200 yards in a game so many times in 1 year.

We have four this year. We had four last year. We had five in 2005 and six in 2001.
F
frdbtr
kitic77 wrote:
When was the last time you saw a BYU team rush for 200 yards in a game so many times in 1 year.

We have four this year. We had four last year. We had five in 2005 and six in 2001.


I'll bet we end up with more then 4 when this year is done.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Yeah. I bet we get to five next week.
F
frdbtr
kitic77 wrote:
Yeah. I bet we get to five next week.


It wouldn't surprise me to see us get to six against utah. My only reservation about getting it in that game is utah always plays us tough and usually has a good run defense. I think their defense is suspect this year though.
B
Brayden Green
kitic77 wrote:
Yeah. I bet we get to five next week.


We had better, or have 600 passing yards instead.
S
SpiffCoug
Our rushing yards under Bronco against Utah:

2009: 131

2008: 214

2007: 155

2006: 54

2005: 176



We've lost our only game with 600 yards passing.
F
frdbtr
kitic77 wrote:
Our rushing yards under Bronco against Utah:

2009: 131

2008: 214

2007: 155

2006: 54

2005: 176



We've lost our only game with 600 yards passing.


Not sure which one of those games we had 600 yards passing and lost. I know we didn't throw for 600 yards in 2005. I guess if you coung the return yards on Max Halls 5 interceptions, maybe he got 600 yards passing in 2008 :)
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
frdbtr wrote:
Our rushing yards under Bronco against Utah:

2009: 131

2008: 214

2007: 155

2006: 54

2005: 176



We've lost our only game with 600 yards passing.


Not sure which one of those games we had 600 yards passing and lost. I know we didn't throw for 600 yards in 2005. I guess if you coung the return yards on Max Halls 5 interceptions, maybe he got 600 yards passing in 2008 :)

Sorry, the 600 yard stat was separate. We've only had one 600 yard passing game in BYU history. When John Walsh had 619 against Utah St in 1993. We lost that game.
B
Brayden Green
to be clear, I DON'T WANT 600 yards passing. UNM is so bad that we need to be out gaining them like crazy.
C
craigoscarson
frdbtr wrote:
BYU wins out. This offense could be better then last years at this point in the season and the defense is better then it was last year. BYU's early passing struggles made them a really good running team and now the passing has come around. When was the last time you saw a BYU team rush for 200 yards in a game so many times in 1 year. With the exception of the TCU game, They have run for 200+ yards every game since the SDSU game. Now the passing game has come together. I don't see them losing to utah or to a bowl team.


I worry about the injuries piling up, but to be sure, we might just be healthier than Utah that day because of the breaks our guys are getting in the 2nd half of the last 2 games.



I think it's a coinflip and as always, it'll be a dogfight. There's certainly reason for optimism.
M
Mars
frdbtr wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me to see us get to six against utah.

Lucky 7 in the bowl game?
F
frdbtr
Mars wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me to see us get to six against utah.

Lucky 7 in the bowl game?


It is possible. I decided not to predict that since we don't know who BYU will play in a bowl game yet.
Advertisement
M
Mars


P.S. The whole BYU wins-out/Utah loses-out bandwagon? I'm on it. Why not?
S
Screamineagle
Mars wrote:


P.S. The whole BYU wins-out/Utah loses-out bandwagon? I'm on it. Why not?

I like that bandwagon I am on it also.
B
BroncoBot
Screamineagle wrote:


P.S. The whole BYU wins-out/Utah loses-out bandwagon? I'm on it. Why not?

I like that bandwagon I am on it also.

that makes at least 3 of us on this hayride.
F
Florwood
I thought the same thing while watching the game today, that they could be 8-5 when all is said and done.



Hope I'm not getting too much ahead of myself, it has slight echoes of Beck's senior year, losing early than an incredible win streak to end the year.
B
BroncoBot
Florwood wrote:
I thought the same thing while watching the game today, that they could be 8-5 when all is said and done.



Hope I'm not getting too much ahead of myself, it has slight echoes of Beck's senior year, losing early than an incredible win streak to end the year.

no sir! Beck's Junior and Definitely Sr year had a feeling of "in control". maybe you meant Beck's sophomore year? This year has had a falling off a cliff feel followed by "We're back" and ready to dominate feel.



Senior year john beck was the closest BYU has ever come to getting into a bowl with the "big boys". BYU should have won both the games they lost that year, and it was sad to see that season slip away. I'm convinced BYU could have beat ANYONE, just like they pounded Oregon, by the end of that year.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.