Archived Topic

Blake Griffin

by BroncoBot · 11/13/2010

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
The guy is a beast. I don't know if I've seen anyone as explosive and downright powerful their rookie year.



This teammate Eric Gordon is also a great player. i don't know how the Clippers are as bad as they are. They have the talent, and griffin has made an immediate impact. They could be a good team soon.
B
BroncoBot
Case in point.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URaqXjZoMlI



The video does repeat itself a bunch, Just watch the last minute or so for the best dunks. Wow. Amare, you got any sort of D these days?
S
SpiffCoug
The one at the 2:35 mark is just sick.
B
BroncoBot
Yeah, that's my favorite. He tried this against someone else and it turned into one of those "scary" sports moments. I'll see if I can find that one too.
B
BroncoBot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkIJn7qbfHU



I really can't believe that someone is playing this hard in the NBA season. What a stud. He is the missing piece for the JAzz
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I would trade any and everyone on the Jazz except DWill for him.
S
Schmoe
He's a great athlete, but will take a while for him to become a more complete player at this level, and his team sucks.
S
SpiffCoug
Schmoe wrote:
He's a great athlete, but will take a while for him to become a more complete player at this level, and his team sucks.

I'll take an incomplete player who goes for 18.5 and 10.9 each night.
S
Schmoe
kitic77 wrote:
He's a great athlete, but will take a while for him to become a more complete player at this level, and his team sucks.

I'll take an incomplete player who goes for 18.5 and 10.9 each night.

And your team will be 1-13.
M
Mars
Schmoe wrote:
I'll take an incomplete player who goes for 18.5 and 10.9 each night.
And your team will be 1-13.

The Jazz with Blake Griffin would be 1-13?



Damn the Jazz must suck!
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Mars wrote:
kitic77 wrote:
I'll take an incomplete player who goes for 18.5 and 10.9 each night.
And your team will be 1-13.

The Jazz with Blake Griffin would be 1-13?



Damn the Jazz must suck!


They would have to suck to get him, that's the problem.
B
BroncoBot
:bug:

Anyone see this guys numbers against the Jazz.



Wow.

35pts

14boards

7assists



But the Jazz aren't much of a team this year. ;)
S
Schmoe
I saw that his team lost when they played the Jazz. If you're the best player on the Detroit Lions, that's not saying much. Same thing applies here.
S
SpiffCoug
Schmoe wrote:
I saw that his team lost when they played the Jazz. If you're the best player on the Detroit Lions, that's not saying much. Same thing applies here.

No, all it says is that you're on a bad team. Was Barry Sanders any less of a player because he played on the Lions. All the best players are not on the best teams.
G
Guest
kitic77 wrote:
I saw that his team lost when they played the Jazz. If you're the best player on the Detroit Lions, that's not saying much. Same thing applies here.

No, all it says is that you're on a bad team. Was Barry Sanders any less of a player because he played on the Lions. All the best players are not on the best teams.


See Miami Heath thread.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Schmoe wrote:
I saw that his team lost when they played the Jazz. If you're the best player on the Detroit Lions, that's not saying much. Same thing applies here.

I guess following this logic, BYU football players just suck and will continue to do so because they lost to the likes of USU, AF, and aren't playing for TCU this year. :skeptic:
S
Schmoe
declocoug wrote:
I saw that his team lost when they played the Jazz. If you're the best player on the Detroit Lions, that's not saying much. Same thing applies here.

I guess following this logic, BYU football players just suck and will continue to do so because they lost to the likes of USU, AF, and aren't playing for TCU this year. :skeptic:


Maybe you don't follow the NBA, but the Clippers have been bad forever, I'm not basing this on one season. And, especially on a basketball team, someone is going to get the stats. So it makes sense that the one decent player on the Clippers with freakish athletic ability is going to be their go-to guy, which will inflate his stats because they have no one else who can score. I never said anything about individual losses, but mentioned historically bad teams, maybe that will help you understand my "logic" that you so woefully misapplied. You think that he'd have anywhere near the same stats if he played for the Heat, Lakers, Jazz, etc.? Same thing goes for Kevin Love.
B
BroncoBot
Schmoe wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
I saw that his team lost when they played the Jazz. If you're the best player on the Detroit Lions, that's not saying much. Same thing applies here.

I guess following this logic, BYU football players just suck and will continue to do so because they lost to the likes of USU, AF, and aren't playing for TCU this year. :skeptic:


Maybe you don't follow the NBA, but the Clippers have been bad forever, I'm not basing this on one season. And, especially on a basketball team, someone is going to get the stats. So it makes sense that the one decent player on the Clippers with freakish athletic ability is going to be their go-to guy, which will inflate his stats because they have no one else who can score. I never said anything about individual losses, but mentioned historically bad teams, maybe that will help you understand my "logic" that you so woefully misapplied. You think that he'd have anywhere near the same stats if he played for the Heat, Lakers, Jazz, etc.? Same thing goes for Kevin Love.

I agree that his stats might be inflated because he pulls a lot of the load for his team, but he'd be starting on any team in the NBA right now. And yes, I do think that his stats would be similar to what he's putting up right now on any other team.



Here's a convenient example. Al Jefferson. Came from an equally bad timberwolves team. Once again your logic says his stats should plummet when he gets to utah, compared to last years terrible twolves team, his ppg is down .3 a game and his rebounding is down .6. And don't even put Griffin on the same level as k. love. Love plays with a ton of heart, but his potential is nothing compared to Griffin.



And yes, you did say something about individual losses. My comments about "your logic" came after your comment about how the Jazz beat Griffin. That was an individual loss. I understand everything your saying, I don't buy it all, but I know what your driving at. All I'm saying is that from the small sample (1/4 season) we have to analyze, the sky is the limit for Blake G. He's no Greg Oden.
S
Schmoe
Al Jefferson filled a hole left by a 20 and 10 Carlos Boozer and has filled in those numbers. That example doesn't really work.
B
BroncoBot
Schmoe wrote:
Al Jefferson filled a hole left by a 20 and 10 Carlos Boozer and has filled in those numbers. That example doesn't really work.

well, you've obviously got your opinion about Griffin.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.