Archived Topic

Wilson is Heaps' Favorite Target

by jonnylingo · 11/12/2010

Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
of the tight ends.


Heaps obviously wouldn't say this publicly, but a Heaps' confidante told me a few weeks ago that his favorite target from alll the tight ends, and the one he had the most confidence in, was Wilson.


http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsbyusports/50660536-65/tight-ends-heaps-byu.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Still not sure why we are asking him to be linebacker again.
L
Lawboy
Because Coach Anae plays favorties? Don't really know.
J
jonnylingo
Lawboy wrote:
Because Coach Anae plays favorties? Don't really know.


I honestly think you are right. From some of the family members that post and from what I have read it seems as though anae really does play favorites.



If that is all it is, it is extremely frustrating. It seems that his tendencies are hurting the whole team. if heaps can connect with wilson the best wilson should have been playing together all season. By now we may have a qb te tandem that was working. I sure hope there is something anae knows that i don't. i doubt it but i can only hope. if there isn't, i sure would like to see anae gone by years end.
B
beauso79
Anae's a Douche. Didn't he have a big hand in recruiting Mahina?? If so, and he does play favorites, Wilson and Holt are screwed unless BM steps in. I wonder if Heaps has said anything to BM?? That would piss me off if my favorite target at TE was asked to change back to LB.
F
frdbtr
Well, if he really does play favorites, then it can only hurt him in the long run. That is what got Chow run eventually.
Advertisement
I
IndiCoug
Anae does play favorites but I don't think he recruited Mahina.

Anae has his short comings (Pride--can't be wrong attitude) that has/is holding the team back. I like what someone posted earlier or maybe I heard it elsewhere but to sum it up ......

"BYU is moving into the big time and they have upgraded everything including talent but have not upgrade coaches. If Anae wasn't able to give us an undeafeated season with 2 NFL QB's, 4 TE, 1 WR, 1RB, and oline during those 10-2 years what makes you think he'll be able to do it in the future"? Learn from the past, make a change, upgrade for the future.
R
runbyu1
IndiCoug wrote:
Anae does play favorites but I don't think he recruited Mahina.

Anae has his short comings (Pride--can't be wrong attitude) that has/is holding the team back. I like what someone posted earlier or maybe I heard it elsewhere but to sum it up ......

"BYU is moving into the big time and they have upgraded everything including talent but have not upgrade coaches. If Anae wasn't able to give us an undeafeated season with 2 NFL QB's, 4 TE, 1 WR, 1RB, and oline during those 10-2 years what makes you think he'll be able to do it in the future"? Learn from the past, make a change, upgrade for the future.


Nothing personal, I like Coach Anae and some of his family and they are great people. That said, Amen to what was said here.
E
EM_Puma
runbyu1 wrote:
Nothing personal, I like Coach Anae and some of his family and they are great people. That said, Amen to what was said here.


Only "some" huh"



I just wonder how the TE's took to having their QB say in print that they needed to step up their game. You don't gain allegiances of your teamates doing that.
C
Cougs_Rule
EM_Puma wrote:
Nothing personal, I like Coach Anae and some of his family and they are great people. That said, Amen to what was said here.


Only "some" huh"



I just wonder how the TE's took to having their QB say in print that they needed to step up their game. You don't gain allegiances of your teamates doing that.


true. And, the same had been said by others as well, including one of the most postive attitute guys I've ever met--Chad Lewis. In his usually very positive approach, he did state "their were no dennis pitta's in this group of TE's."



Sorry, Holt is too slow to get out into the flat when needed and way to slow to get up field--and i have said before, too slow for a d-lineman. Needs to go Oline.



Maybe Anae has not appreciated Wilson's attitude--which yes, is a conjecture on my part given his slanted sometimes not so cryptic ("What should I do") and publicly displayed tweets about internal team topics.
B
Brayden Green
The truth hurts, and Anae doesn't appreciate constructive criticism. He is an ape, and has handled the offensive players under him like they came a dime a dozen. Once a few highly touted recruits transfer, he will get fired, no matter what the rest of this season's win/loss record looks like.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
BlueIsBetter wrote:
The truth hurts, and Anae doesn't appreciate constructive criticism. He is an ape, and has handled the offensive players under him like they came a dime a dozen. Once a few highly touted recruits transfer, he will get fired, no matter what the rest of this season's win/loss record looks like.


Wow, that's straight up brutal.
M
Mythranor
I was watching game day this morning and there was an interview with Mack Brown talking about the problems his team has had this year. He said if there's one guy on the team not playing well they can be replaced, but if there's more than one not playing well at a position that position coach better step up or they'll be looking for a new job at the end of the year. He was asked to explain his comment and he basically said if a player is struggling it's a player problem, if several players at a position are struggling its a coaching problem.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.