Archived Topic

Why did Heaps throw more consistently vs UNLV

by Cougarbib · 11/12/2010

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
I think most, if not all, will agree that Heaps THREW the ball more consistently where, when, in the precise location, with the appropriate velocity and touch (not perfectly mind you) and that the receivers were more dependable in catching said throws. Maybe we find some agreement on the above. WHere there is never ending angst is - why did Heaps throw more conistently and why did the receivers (all of them - TE, RB, WR) catch the ball more reliably. We may or may not get agreement as to the extent that the chicken laid the egg or that the tide lifted all boats. Why do you think it happened?
B
BroncoBot
Probably a combination of things. Hard work paying off, game slowing down, UNLV injured and not very good to begin with, help from teammates, solid running game, confidence beginning to grow, etc. etc.



whatever it was, I liked it. Hope BYU gets heavy doses of it for the next 2 months.



CSU should be a good test. We'll find out if UNLV really was that bad, or if the offense was that good.
B
BYULV
Other: because cougarbib2 finally convinced the entire fan base that he has been right all along which caused the stars to align. What powers of persuasion. Who says beating a dead horse doesn't work?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
Italics
two things I am 100% certain of:



1) Taekwondave believes speed can be taught



2) Cougarbib thinks Heaps had better numbers against UNLV because he practiced harder
B
BOID
The bye week helped a very talented team come together and find their sync. Bronco had two weeks to promote team spirit and unity. Heaps improved certainly, but the receivers improved more. Quezada looked awesome. Balance. Playing against a weakened opponent was what the doctor ordered for finding rhythm. National powers feed on cupcakes early in their seasons for this very reason. The benefit of that blowout will endure, however, and BYU has its confidence back. I think these Cougars will roll now.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Since when are DiLuigi (Italian) and Kariya (Polynesian) white?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
U
urroner
Success breeds success.
M
Mars
snoscythe wrote:
Since when are DiLuigi (Italian) and Kariya (Polynesian) white?

Since when aren't Italian's white? :bug:
S
snoscythe
Mars wrote:
Since when are DiLuigi (Italian) and Kariya (Polynesian) white?

Since when aren't Italian's white? :bug:


Ever been to Italy?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
R
redneckjedi
snoscythe wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
Since when are DiLuigi (Italian) and Kariya (Polynesian) white?

Since when aren't Italian's white? :bug:


Ever been to Italy?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


My grandpa is 1/2 Italian and as white as they come. ;) Also, when the census workers come around asking for your race, they don't have a box for Italian American, so according to the US government, Italians are by definition White. Not that that carries any weight... ;)
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
No one else thought the bye week had the biggest effect on the team? Guess I'm on an island. "Schmoe's Island," sounds pretty good to me!
N
northerncougar
CougarBib2 has been beating a dead horse to death, again, over and over and over and over...



He so badly wants to blame Heaps for all of BYU's problems this year that he can't see the forest, through, well I don't think he even realizes that there is a forest.



I don't remember who it was a few weeks ago that told me to let go of the idea that our receivers sucked too, because it was all Heaps fault. There has been so much blame to go around that it is laughable that anyone would say that any one person/position, etc. are to blame.



What I saw on Saturday was Heaps was better, our WR's were better, our OLine was better, playcalling was better. But, hey, it is all because Heaps now throws with more accuracy.



Sigh. :skeptic:
J
jonnylingo
Schmoe wrote:
No one else thought the bye week had the biggest effect on the team? Guess I'm on an island. "Schmoe's Island," sounds pretty good to me!


Doman agrees with you. He said if he had to pin it down it was the volume of reps they were able to get in because of the bye week. He said this while on 1280. i am not going to turn this into a two qb system argument, but doman agrees the bye week was probably the biggest part of it.



My personal opinion is that heaps started throwing more consistently because he started working harder. ;)
M
mizzoucoug
UNLV sucks, but the boys, regardless, played their best game of the year. Like has been said, we needed these kinds of soft games at the front end of the year not now.
B
Brayden Green
I can't believe anyone is taking this seriously, or even voting for this
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Troll.
I
IndiCoug
BlueIsBetter wrote:
I can't believe anyone is taking this seriously, or even voting for this

+1 This is the biggest joke on CC.

Bib has morphed into airwolf :bug:
S
SpiffCoug
I would have voted for the bye week, if the option wasn't qualified by health and fundamentals. I don't think injuries have been a reason the offense underperformed up to last week. I think the lack of pressure from having to produce allowed the team a chance to self-evaluate and see what they were doing wrong and then go out and try to fix things without having to win. Kind of like what I said a few weeks ago about possibly seeing some benefit for Jake if he got the chance to watch from the sidelines for a bit.



I think the team used the bye week to great effectiveness. But I don't think it was because they got healthy.
G
Guest
snoscythe wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
Since when are DiLuigi (Italian) and Kariya (Polynesian) white?

Since when aren't Italian's white? :bug:


Ever been to Italy?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I just read the other day that Italians were not considered white in America until about the 1940s-1950s.
S
Schmoe
IndiCoug wrote:
I can't believe anyone is taking this seriously, or even voting for this

+1 This is the biggest joke on CC.

Bib has morphed into airwolf :bug:


If you don't like it, then don't vote and don't post on the thread. There actually are legit options on the poll, even if you think some are crap.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.