Archived Topic

Best ending to the season

by rblack · 11/11/2010

Advertisement
R
rblack
BYU wins out.

Utah Loses out.

Oregon Loses to Oregon State.

Auburn Loses to Alabama.

Stanford and LSU jump TCU and Boise to play in the National Championship game.

Boise gets left out of the BCS because 1) They can't pass up a 1 loss Auburn, 2)They can't pass up a one loss Oregon, 3) No one wants to see Boise - VA Tech part 2.

Boise and/or TCU finish the year undefeated.

The National Championship game is a turnover fest with bonehead plays on both sides of the ball

Amid the outcry, several states join the lawsuit regarding the BCS.

The BCS is disolved and a 16 team playoff is formed.

The Big 12 invites BYU and Houston to complete a 12 team league.

The Mountain West Conference is disolved due to lack of interest.



Oh well, I can always dream.
F
frdbtr
Frankly, all I care about is the "BYU wins out" part.
I
Italics
I commend you rblack, I thought you were going to have BSU or TCU going to the championship game. Good for you.
S
SpiffCoug
frdbtr wrote:
Frankly, all I care about is the "BYU wins out" part.

About where I stopped reading too.
M
Mingjai
"BYU wins out" is what I really care about.



But in all honesty, I'm a college football fan in general, so I really just want to see some good games. I'm looking forward to rivalry week, because there's always some compelling games to watch. I also think any of the potential national championship matchups with the current top 4 are interesting. The most interesting would be Oregon versus TCU, but the other combinations would be fine. I don't have a dog in the fight, so just give me a good football game and I'm fine--I guess as long as the Buckeyes aren't in the national championship game, then we should have a decent game.



I'm fairly indifferent regarding the current direction of the BCS and the shifts in college football. If they keep the BCS, I'm fine as long as it keeps becoming more accessible. If they make a +1 system, I'm cool with that too. If they make a playoff system, I'd watch that as well, though I'm not confident that a playoff would solve anything. Playoffs are flukey, and there will always be argument about the last teams in or out.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
BYU wins out is obviously the most important part of the whole equation. But, as someone posted on another thread, I'd love to see both Auburn and Oregon lose to see the BCS squirm (especially if Oregon loses to Oregon St., which would give both TCU and BSU's schedules even more legitimacy).
B
bball
BYU beats CSU by three TDs, then kills NM by 7 TDs. In the Utah game I would hope Utah would have a meltdown like they did in their TCU game, turnovers, dropped passes, sacks, no offense--oh and BYU wins by 4 TDs. Utah then loses their first bowl game in awhile, and BYU wins their game. Both teams end up 8-5, Whit gets fired, and all their recruits decommit, and Utah has to advertise in their student newspaper for students to come and tryout for the football team.



I don't care who plays in the phony NC game, as long as two offensive teams play each other, and Ohio State, Notre Dame, Texas, Florida, and USC are not playing. I like the fact I don't believe Auburn has ever played in a so-called "national championship" game, and they have a heck of a team. I'm not an Oregon fan, but boy do they move the ball, and they can play, so I wouldn't be disappointed in them being in the game. It's hard to argue against Boise and TCU, they just keep beating everybody, year after year, so if they played, I'd be ok with that--but they won't. The BCS gods will never allow someone not in the club to play in that game.
S
stuckinbig10country
BYU wins out.



ND stadium implodes on itself this weekend because my two least favorite teams would then cease to exist.



Oregon loses to Oregon St.



Auburn beats Alabama, but loses in the SEC championship game, thus dropping Auburn from the NC game (I believe they would get back in the NC game with a loss to Alabama but a win in the SEC title game).



LSU doesn't get into the title game, because I think they instituted a rule after either Oklahoma or Nebraska ended up in the title game after losing their championship game that basically says you have to win your conference to play for the NC. * someone smarter than me can clarify this for the group.



That leaves maybe Stanford jumping TCU or BSU, but probably not with both of them beating OSU, so you have TCU and BSU for the title.



Actually, I wouldn't mind if either Oregon or Auburn loses and TCU plays for the title against either of them. TCU in my opinion, outside of one game, has been the best team in the country for 2 years. I also think BSU has been the 2nd best team in the country for two years, except for one game where they were the best.
R
redneckjedi
BYU wins out.

Oregon Loses to Oregon State.

Auburn Loses to Alabama.

Nobody jumps Boise or TCU. They play each other for the title game.

Barry Switzer complains about their schedules.

Washington proclaims themselves the winner of the national championship and hangs a banner for it in their stadium (based, apparently, on a poll of overrated and disappointing senior Washington quarterbacks).

The BCS is forced to implement a playoff from a protectionism standpoint: it's the only way to guarantee schools like Boise and TCU play the best of the best BEFORE the title game and get eliminated.

Congress doesn't have to intervene in one of the few things in this nation they haven't already defiled with their meddling.



Best start to the 2011 season:

I watch every single BYU game live in glorious full-HD resolution on basic cable (instead of the DirecTV "Fork over your kids college tuition" package in order to get the 3 Mickey Mouse channels I'd need otherwise) with decent announcers, excellent camera work, and not a single trace of Todd Christensen.
I
IndiCoug
Yeah, BYU wins out ---- plus BYU improves every game. I want to see better consistancy with receivers catching the ball, running crisp routes, and getting off the ball.

Oline better protection on passes and setting up the pocket.

RB -- As a group they are doing really well but could improve in picking up the rush.

Heaps with awareness, pocket presense, defense recognition, and risk assessment (passing into triple coverage, INT, that kind of thing). I also want to see his confidence shine through and move into the "Leader" on offense. Grab a few face masks and make it happen. ;)

Defense is getting better each game. +1 Awesome

I'm hopin we've turned the corner on many of these points ---CSU will give us more answers.
Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
redneckjedi wrote:
BYU wins out.

Oregon Loses to Oregon State.

Auburn Loses to Alabama.

Nobody jumps Boise or TCU. They play each other for the title game.

Barry Switzer complains about their schedules.

Washington proclaims themselves the winner of the national championship and hangs a banner for it in their stadium (based, apparently, on a poll of overrated and disappointing senior Washington quarterbacks).

The BCS is forced to implement a playoff from a protectionism standpoint: it's the only way to guarantee schools like Boise and TCU play the best of the best BEFORE the title game and get eliminated.

Congress doesn't have to intervene in one of the few things in this nation they haven't already defiled with their meddling.



Best start to the 2011 season:

I watch every single BYU game live in glorious full-HD resolution on basic cable (instead of the DirecTV "Fork over your kids college tuition" package in order to get the 3 Mickey Mouse channels I'd need otherwise) with decent announcers, excellent camera work, and not a single trace of Todd Christensen.


Someone is assuming all the road BYU games will get picked up. Here's something you might want to think about: not all ESPN games are shown in HD. If its a regional ABC broadcast, you don't live in the region, but ESPN picks it up on their alternative channel, you'll be watching standard def my friend.



Anyway, access should be better, but there is a chance that people are not going to pick up the away games against WAC opponents. Just saying.
J
jonnylingo
Schmoe wrote:
BYU wins out is obviously the most important part of the whole equation. But, as someone posted on another thread, I'd love to see both Auburn and Oregon lose to see the BCS squirm (especially if Oregon loses to Oregon St., which would give both TCU and BSU's schedules even more legitimacy).


I have to admit that this would be interesting to see what they do. Talk about boring. It would be the third bowl game in where tcu and bsu would be matched up. I would not even be interested in watching that game but i would be interested in seeing how the bcs would get out of it and what kind of uproar there would be.
I
IowaCougar
redneckjedi wrote:
BYU wins out.

Oregon Loses to Oregon State.

Auburn Loses to Alabama.

Nobody jumps Boise or TCU. They play each other for the title game.

Barry Switzer complains about their schedules.

Washington proclaims themselves the winner of the national championship and hangs a banner for it in their stadium (based, apparently, on a poll of overrated and disappointing senior Washington quarterbacks).

The BCS is forced to implement a playoff from a protectionism standpoint: it's the only way to guarantee schools like Boise and TCU play the best of the best BEFORE the title game and get eliminated.

Congress doesn't have to intervene in one of the few things in this nation they haven't already defiled with their meddling.



Best start to the 2011 season:

I watch every single BYU game live in glorious full-HD resolution on basic cable (instead of the DirecTV "Fork over your kids college tuition" package in order to get the 3 Mickey Mouse channels I'd need otherwise) with decent announcers, excellent camera work, and not a single trace of Todd Christensen.


Right now I get all of the BYU games in HD on DirecTV. What I don't get in HD is BYU-TV. Do you guys that live in Utah get BYU-TV in HD? Even if they broadcast in HD, do we have any assurance that the satellite providers will carry the HD signal?



The other question I have for next year is how to watch the games that ESPN will only carry on their "Game Plan". I suspect this may be the majority of the games for me, so will end up costing me more than my current sports package. How about games on ESPN-3? This is provided free by some internet providers, but not by mine.



Right now I'm just crossing my fingers that I will be able to see the games next year.
S
Schmoe
jonnylingo wrote:
BYU wins out is obviously the most important part of the whole equation. But, as someone posted on another thread, I'd love to see both Auburn and Oregon lose to see the BCS squirm (especially if Oregon loses to Oregon St., which would give both TCU and BSU's schedules even more legitimacy).


I have to admit that this would be interesting to see what they do. Talk about boring. It would be the third bowl game in where tcu and bsu would be matched up. I would not even be interested in watching that game but i would be interested in seeing how the bcs would get out of it and what kind of uproar there would be.


I wonder if they would leave the two to play the game to make it a "fake" championship (ironic, I know, since it is fake to begin with, but it's basically what they did with the BCS bowl last year) and leave no chance of the best BCS team getting embarrassed on the national stage. Or if they'll all vote LSU or Stanford #1 so they can get at least one team in and a chance to still win the game.
R
redneckjedi
stuckinbig10country wrote:
BYU wins out.

Oregon Loses to Oregon State.

Auburn Loses to Alabama.

Nobody jumps Boise or TCU. They play each other for the title game.

Barry Switzer complains about their schedules.

Washington proclaims themselves the winner of the national championship and hangs a banner for it in their stadium (based, apparently, on a poll of overrated and disappointing senior Washington quarterbacks).

The BCS is forced to implement a playoff from a protectionism standpoint: it's the only way to guarantee schools like Boise and TCU play the best of the best BEFORE the title game and get eliminated.

Congress doesn't have to intervene in one of the few things in this nation they haven't already defiled with their meddling.



Best start to the 2011 season:

I watch every single BYU game live in glorious full-HD resolution on basic cable (instead of the DirecTV "Fork over your kids college tuition" package in order to get the 3 Mickey Mouse channels I'd need otherwise) with decent announcers, excellent camera work, and not a single trace of Todd Christensen.


Someone is assuming all the road BYU games will get picked up. Here's something you might want to think about: not all ESPN games are shown in HD. If its a regional ABC broadcast, you don't live in the region, but ESPN picks it up on their alternative channel, you'll be watching standard def my friend.



Anyway, access should be better, but there is a chance that people are not going to pick up the away games against WAC opponents. Just saying.


Oh, sorry - for some reason I thought we were talking about best case scenarios or something. :P
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.