Archived Topic

Breaking down Heaps' Breakout Game

by Y12 · 11/10/2010

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
that is a very good break down. He had a great day. I am hoping that it leads to more just like it starting on Saturday :)
S
SpiffCoug
Three of Jakes four TD passes have come on 3rd down. Max only had three better days on 3rd down last year than Jake.



I'll have to read the blog when I get home - blocked at work. But I think Jake can replicate his UNLV effort against CSU.
S
stuckinbig10country
Looking at the numbers from the blog, BYU made a commitment to being unpredictable on 1st down. It was the most balanced 1st down play calling all season.



I do see a trend in the games that BYU has won recently. The first quarter has been very important. Against SDSU, WY and UNLV, BYU has put up at least 14 points in the first quarter. The difference between SDSU and WY is that Heaps didn't make any mistakes, and the play calling didn't change because of it.



I'm curious to see if Anae keeps the offense opened up after Heaps' next mistake. That is going to be very telling.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.