Archived Topic

THIS is my only gripe...

by pvuproduct · 11/9/2010

Advertisement
S
Schmoe
I hate the "wrong ball" play, it sucks.
S
SpiffCoug
It's cheap and doesn't teach how to play the game the right way. There are "trick" plays where you get the defense over-pursuing and then quickly change the ball's direction (i.e. HB to QB pass). Those kinds of plays can still be properly defended by good defense.



This kind of play is can't and shouldn't be allowed. I hope that TD was called back.
C
CAFB_04-12
It's not unlike the Max Hall walk-to-the-sidelines play from last year. This play would have been penalized in the college game I bet.
C
CAFB_04-12
That QB was lucky that all the LBs quit playing. What if someone had lit him up as he walked through the line?
Advertisement
M
Mingjai
How is this not an unsportsmanlike "attempt to deceive" penalty?
S
SpiffCoug
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
That QB was lucky that all the LBs quit playing. What if someone had lit him up as he walked through the line?

Pretty sure that's what would happen at any FBS or NFL game.
A
ABYUFAN
kitic77 wrote:
It's cheap and doesn't teach how to play the game the right way. There are "trick" plays where you get the defense over-pursuing and then quickly change the ball's direction (i.e. HB to QB pass). Those kinds of plays can still be properly defended by good defense.



This kind of play is can't and shouldn't be allowed. I hope that TD was called back.

I read a story that said that it was the game tying score. The other team was up 6-0 this happened, and they missed the extra point and the game ended as a tie....
S
Schmoe
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
It's not unlike the Max Hall walk-to-the-sidelines play from last year.


The play where Max walks a couple steps over to call an audible hurts the defense if they don't watch the ball. They still know that they are playing football as soon as the ball is snapped. This play is a cheap trick on children who are out there to learn the sport and have fun. Lame.
S
snoscythe
Mingjai wrote:
How is this not an unsportsmanlike "attempt to deceive" penalty?


I the proper call would be "Personal Foul--Turning 14 year-old kids into douchebags." 15 yards, loss of down.



These are the kinds of coaches that need to be weeded out, especially at the younger levels of the game.
Advertisement
I
Italics
snoscythe wrote:
How is this not an unsportsmanlike "attempt to deceive" penalty?


I the proper call would be "Personal Foul--Turning 14 year-old kids into douchebags." 15 yards, loss of down.



These are the kinds of coaches that need to be weeded out, especially at the younger levels of the game.


agreed
G
Guest
snoscythe wrote:
How is this not an unsportsmanlike "attempt to deceive" penalty?


I the proper call would be "Personal Foul--Turning 14 year-old kids into douchebags." 15 yards, loss of down.



These are the kinds of coaches that need to be weeded out, especially at the younger levels of the game.


The Utes and SDSU are currently in a bidding war for his services.
S
Schmoe
hawkwing wrote:
Mingjai wrote:
How is this not an unsportsmanlike "attempt to deceive" penalty?


I the proper call would be "Personal Foul--Turning 14 year-old kids into douchebags." 15 yards, loss of down.



These are the kinds of coaches that need to be weeded out, especially at the younger levels of the game.


The Utes and SDSU are currently in a bidding war for his services.


But, can he onside kick when up by 40+?
M
Mars
snoscythe wrote:
I the proper call would be "Personal Foul--Turning 14 year-old kids into douchebags."
Does anyone else find this term offensive?



;)
A
ABYUFAN
Mars wrote:
I the proper call would be "Personal Foul--Turning 14 year-old kids into douchebags."
Does anyone else find this term offensive?



;)

I do...but you don't, and are being an ass, but I still love you :lol: ;)
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
ABYUFAN wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
I the proper call would be "Personal Foul--Turning 14 year-old kids into douchebags."
Does anyone else find this term offensive?



;)

I do...but you don't, and are being anass, but I still love you :lol: ;)


I find that term offensive.
C
CougarClaw
Schmoe wrote:
Mars wrote:
I the proper call would be "Personal Foul--Turning 14 year-old kids into douchebags."
Does anyone else find this term offensive?



;)

I do...but you don't, and are being anass, but I still love you :lol: ;)


I find that term offensive.


Is that Anae's brother? Man, you guys are ruthless.
A
ABYUFAN
Schmoe wrote:
Mars wrote:
I the proper call would be "Personal Foul--Turning 14 year-old kids into douchebags."
Does anyone else find this term offensive?



;)

I do...but you don't, and are being anass, but I still love you :lol: ;)


I find that term offensive.


I know...most people do. This was all part of an earlier thread. In that earlier thread I said that I found the word douche to be more offesnive than (among other things) ass. (I also included bastard, but I don't think that you can good-naturedly call someone that, so I called him an ass) and by calling him that in refrence to that earlier thread, I acknowledge that I was being one myself. ;)
P
ProV1
Mars wrote:
I the proper call would be "Personal Foul--Turning 14 year-old kids into douchebags."
Does anyone else find this term offensive?



;)


Yes, we should refer to them as children. Kids are goats.
A
ABYUFAN
ProV1 wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
I the proper call would be "Personal Foul--Turning 14 year-old kids into douchebags."
Does anyone else find this term offensive?



;)


Yes, we should refer to them as children. Kids are goats.


That's a good one...my wife feels the same way!
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.