Archived Topic

The ute fans are quick to jump on their own

by bcsbound · 11/6/2010

Advertisement
B
bcsbound
On the Team Up North's Website they are already jumping on the TCU bandwagon, and going against their own.
C
craigoscarson
bcsbound wrote:
On the Team Up North's Website they are already jumping on the TCU bandwagon, and going against their own.


not unlike what some of our own did to BYU... :blush:
I
Italics
it amazes me how the Fruit fans are so quick to worship and sing praises to TCU after the loss. It may appear at first to be a sign of humility, but it appears more like an excuse for them to cheer for TCU the rest of the season as if they were Frog fans.



Me? I hope they (TCU) go to a BCS bowl... and then get completely and utterly blown out.
M
Mars
craigoscarson wrote:
On the Team Up North's Website they are already jumping on the TCU bandwagon, and going against their own.
not unlike what some of our own did to BYU... :blush:

How so? :skeptic:
S
SenorCougar
There was nothing more pleasing that to see those idiotic fans dressed in black with those long, sullen faces. Could there be a finer hour? It looks like they were "llevando luto", a spanish term for mourning the death of a loved one. They typically wear all black for a while. Talk about dressing for the occasion. How appropriate inasmuch as the Yewts were lifeless, too. The Yewts had played nothing but cream puffs prior to the game and had beaten nobody. Could they end the season on a four game losing streak?? .....
Advertisement
B
byutx
SenorCougar wrote:
There was nothing more pleasing that to see those idiotic fans dressed in black with those long, sullen faces. Could there be a finer hour? It looks like they were "llevando luto", a spanish term for mourning the death of a loved one. They typically wear all black for a while. Talk about dressing for the occasion. How appropriate inasmuch as the Yewts were lifeless, too. The Yewts had played nothing but cream puffs prior to the game and had beaten nobody. Could they end the season on a four game losing streak?? .....

Awesome! It definitely looked like an "estar de luto" situation to me. And what else would we expect during the week after el dia de los muertos?
T
tmoney35
I know some people had the hope of Utah winning and then us being the team to ruin there perfect season. I can understand that point of view, but seeing them get absolutely embarrassed by TCU after all the hype and Gameday being there (that part seems a little familiar...) was totally worth it,



Here's what I would love to see happen to the :utard: their last three games:



lose to ND

beat SDSU (I normally wouldn't want them to win, but I have good reason, keep reading)

lose to BYU (of course)



hopefully the loss to us would knock them out of the top 25. Also, if they beat SDSU, there would be a three-way tie for second place in the conference. We would win the tie-breaker because we beat buth Utah an SDSU.



With the way this season started, finishing 8-5 (after winning our bowl game) and 2nd in the conference, while knocking :utard: out of the top 25 would be a pretty awesome way to end.
S
SpiffCoug
craigoscarson wrote:
On the Team Up North's Website they are already jumping on the TCU bandwagon, and going against their own.


not unlike what some of our own did to BYU... :blush:

I don't think most fans started to turn until after the USU game.
Y
Y 4 Ever
tmoney35 wrote:

lose to ND

beat SDSU (I normally wouldn't want them to win, but I have good reason, keep reading)

lose to BYU (of course)



hopefully the loss to us would knock them out of the top 25. Also, if they beat SDSU, there would be a three-way tie for second place in the conference. We would win the tie-breaker because we beat buth Utah an SDSU.end.

Wrong-o! First, there's never a good reason to want the yewties to win any game. Ever.



Second, after sdsu loses to tcu we'll both have two conference losses. No need for the yewts to win that game. And then after we beat them they'll finish in familiar territory. Fourth. And we'll still have the tie breaker over sdsu for second.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
tmoney35
33311710 wrote:
Wrong-o! First, there's never a good reason to want the yewties to win any game. Ever.



Second, after sdsu loses to tcu we'll both have two conference losses. No need for the yewts to win that game. And then after we beat them they'll finish in familiar territory. Fourth. And we'll still have the tie breaker over sdsu for second.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Good point. I overlooked SDSU still needing to play TCU. I take it back!
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
tmoney35 wrote:
Wrong-o! First, there's never a good reason to want the yewties to win any game. Ever.



Second, after sdsu loses to tcu we'll both have two conference losses. No need for the yewts to win that game. And then after we beat them they'll finish in familiar territory. Fourth. And we'll still have the tie breaker over sdsu for second.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Good point. I overlooked SDSU still needing to play TCU. I take it back!

You are forgiven. But you must forsake completely the sin of ever wanting the yewties to win any game. Ever.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
1
1967cougar
33311710 wrote:
33311710 wrote:
Wrong-o! First, there's never a good reason to want the yewties to win any game. Ever.



Second, after sdsu loses to tcu we'll both have two conference losses. No need for the yewts to win that game. And then after we beat them they'll finish in familiar territory. Fourth. And we'll still have the tie breaker over sdsu for second.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Good point. I overlooked SDSU still needing to play TCU. I take it back!

You are forgiven. But you must forsake completely the sin of ever wanting the yewties to win any game. Ever.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Not so quick on the forgiveness there, 33. True repentance is demonstrated by action. "Go thy way and sin no more." Perhaps a time of probation is in order for tmoney35 or even disfellowshipping for a period. We rely upon the mods to make judgment. And, of course, we sustain their action.
R
runbyu1
I think some of you are ridiculous and just foster more hate. I hope the Utes win games, just not when they are playing us. I live in Utah County and a Ute fan wearing a U shirt came in to where I work. I asked him what time the game was, and he said "Uh, I"m not sure, Oh crap I shouldn't be wearing this shirt down here!" I told him it was ok, a lot of us here at the store are BYU fans first and then we'll root for the U second. He looked at me smiling and said "I really appreciate hearing that." If we treat these people with respect and goodwill, it will eventually help things to go both ways. I could have been snide and he would have left hating BYU more. Now he took a trip in to BYU territory and has more respect for us.

There aren't that many things to hate about the Utes themselves...I realize there is A TON to hate about their fans, but that is not the University. Just because their fans are morons doesn't mean we should foster hate. Grow up people and act in a way that creates goodwill...
B
BYULV
runbyu1 wrote:
I think some of you are ridiculous and just foster more hate. I hope the Utes win games, just not when they are playing us. I live in Utah County and a Ute fan wearing a U shirt came in to where I work. I asked him what time the game was, and he said "Uh, I"m not sure, Oh crap I shouldn't be wearing this shirt down here!" I told him it was ok, a lot of us here at the store are BYU fans first and then we'll root for the U second. He looked at me smiling and said "I really appreciate hearing that." If we treat these people with respect and goodwill, it will eventually help things to go both ways. I could have been snide and he would have left hating BYU more. Now he took a trip in to BYU territory and has more respect for us.

There aren't that many things to hate about the Utes themselves...I realize there is A TON to hate about their fans, but that is not the University. Just because their fans are morons doesn't mean we should foster hate. Grow up people and act in a way that creates goodwill...


Actually there is a lot to hate about the u itself. There is a lot of good there but also a lot of nastiness, especially toward BYU and the church. There is an anti-Mormon sentiment there that will fit in well in the PAC. I'm not one to treat others poorly just because they are associated with Utah, but I'm also not ready to give them a pass as just another misunderstood little brother that needs more love and then we'll all just get along. We can be as nice as can be (and I think we should be nice to the SNOT), but to imply that it's just a few bad fans and not something ingrained into their culture is incorrect.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
L
Lawboy
The only bad thing about the TCU-Utah game was teh fact Utah put up 7 pts. Otherwise, it was perfect.



I was in SLC yesterday with my wife to have a weekend away from kids for our anniversary, and we were at the Gateway, etc, with tons of Ute fans walking around, and it was awesome seeing the looks on their faces. Even better was listening to the call in show on KALL700 after the game, and you'd have thought it was a suicide hotline. Heard it for about 5 minutes in my car, and it was classic radio. Fans were actually mad that Utah did not pull Wynn after the 1st quarter. THE 1st QUARTER!! Heard like 3 calls in 5 minutes bring that up. Classic.
Advertisement
I
Italics
runbyu1 wrote:
I think some of you are ridiculous and just foster more hate. I hope the Utes win games, just not when they are playing us. I live in Utah County and a Ute fan wearing a U shirt came in to where I work. I asked him what time the game was, and he said "Uh, I"m not sure, Oh crap I shouldn't be wearing this shirt down here!" I told him it was ok, a lot of us here at the store are BYU fans first and then we'll root for the U second. He looked at me smiling and said "I really appreciate hearing that." If we treat these people with respect and goodwill, it will eventually help things to go both ways. I could have been snide and he would have left hating BYU more. Now he took a trip in to BYU territory and has more respect for us.

There aren't that many things to hate about the Utes themselves...I realize there is A TON to hate about their fans, but that is not the University. Just because their fans are morons doesn't mean we should foster hate. Grow up people and act in a way that creates goodwill...


Yup, we are so full of HATE for the Yewts. All of us - on a regular basis - physically assault Yewts, rob them, light them on fire, spit on them, throw objects at them, mock their beliefs, assault their families, egg their houses, slash their tires, etc.



Listen to yourself. It's football and we are talking football. Don't come in here with your moral "hate" crap.
C
CAFB_04-12
Italics wrote:
I think some of you are ridiculous and just foster more hate. I hope the Utes win games, just not when they are playing us. I live in Utah County and a Ute fan wearing a U shirt came in to where I work. I asked him what time the game was, and he said "Uh, I"m not sure, Oh crap I shouldn't be wearing this shirt down here!" I told him it was ok, a lot of us here at the store are BYU fans first and then we'll root for the U second. He looked at me smiling and said "I really appreciate hearing that." If we treat these people with respect and goodwill, it will eventually help things to go both ways. I could have been snide and he would have left hating BYU more. Now he took a trip in to BYU territory and has more respect for us.

There aren't that many things to hate about the Utes themselves...I realize there is A TON to hate about their fans, but that is not the University. Just because their fans are morons doesn't mean we should foster hate. Grow up people and act in a way that creates goodwill...


Yup, we are so full of HATE for the Yewts. All of us - on a regular basis - physically assault Yewts, rob them, light them on fire, spit on them, throw objects at them, mock their beliefs, assault their families, egg their houses, slash their tires, etc.



Listen to yourself. It's football and we are talking football. Don't come in here with your moral "hate" crap.

Why don't you grow up?
T
tmoney35
runbyu1 wrote:
I think some of you are ridiculous and just foster more hate. I hope the Utes win games, just not when they are playing us. I live in Utah County and a Ute fan wearing a U shirt came in to where I work. I asked him what time the game was, and he said "Uh, I"m not sure, Oh crap I shouldn't be wearing this shirt down here!" I told him it was ok, a lot of us here at the store are BYU fans first and then we'll root for the U second. He looked at me smiling and said "I really appreciate hearing that." If we treat these people with respect and goodwill, it will eventually help things to go both ways. I could have been snide and he would have left hating BYU more. Now he took a trip in to BYU territory and has more respect for us.

There aren't that many things to hate about the Utes themselves...I realize there is A TON to hate about their fans, but that is not the University. Just because their fans are morons doesn't mean we should foster hate. Grow up people and act in a way that creates goodwill...


Dude, you need to relax. I've got plenty of friends who made the unfortunate decision to go to the :utard: and you know what? We're still friends! I'm sure everyone here is perfectly civil during real life interractions with the rivals. We're just talking football, enjoying Utah's absolute embarrassment on their home field.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.