Archived Topic

UNLV's main threats

by Mars · 11/4/2010

Advertisement
M
Mars


"We're definitely keying on [Michael Johnson] and [Phillip Payne]." -Brandon Ogletree

http://byu.scout.com/2/1018236.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



"Last season Johnson, a 5-foot-8-inch, 175-pound speedster, had 43 receptions for 484 yards. Johnson was 12th in the MWC with 40.3 yards per game through the air. Against BYU last year, he caught a 75-yard touchdown and finished the game with 113 yards on six catches. Meanwhile, Payne is a 6-foot-3-inch, 205-pound receiver that had 58 receptions for 661 yards last season."





"One advantage the bye week gave us was we were able to watch one more film on a game they played and analyze that, where they don't have that... We didn't start working on UNLV until Thursday of last week. Prior to that it was more about us. The Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of the bye week it was more BYU vs. BYU kind of stuff. Once we started doing reps on UNLV, I think our sharpness and our accuracy has picked up as far as defending some of the intricacies in the passing game UNLV likes to do, just those things that we're not really used to that they like to do."
B
blue42
I think their main threat is.....



If you don't let us win we will make Harry Reid move to your state. :bug:
B
BYULV
blue42 wrote:
I think their main threat is.....



If you don't let us win we will make Harry Reid move to your state. :bug:


More reason for a byu victory so we can send Reid somewhere else (not Nevada that is).



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
Italics
this game is crucial for UNLV. They will - as usual - play their best game of the year against us. If they can't beat BYU, it means that even their best effort can not get them a victory over a very average opponent. Beating them on Saturday and then opening up conference play in bball with another victory over them will be very sweet.
S
snoscythe
Omar Clayton--he plays quarterback and can run. That's BYU's kryptonite lately.
Advertisement
B
BYULV
snoscythe wrote:
Omar Clayton--he plays quarterback and can run. That's BYU's kryptonite lately.


I think we had a lot more trouble letting qbs run on us last year than this year, and definitely less now that we have Bronco-D back.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
Italics
BYULV wrote:
Omar Clayton--he plays quarterback and can run. That's BYU's kryptonite lately.


I think we had a lot more trouble letting qbs run on us last year than this year, and definitely less now that we have Bronco-D back.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Maybe my memory is blurry... but I recall stopping Locker and Ponder fairly well. Krapperprick, or whatever his name is - gave us some trouble, though.
M
Mars
snoscythe wrote:
Omar Clayton--he plays quarterback and can run. That's BYU's kryptonite lately.

I thought Clausen was their starter?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.