Archived Topic

Holy Korihor!?!?!

by kiwibacon · 11/4/2010

Advertisement
K
kiwibacon
What the hell happened to CougarCorner in a matter of a few days?
M
Mars


"YOU JUST GOT AIRWOLFED!"





Seriously though, between frdbtr, cougarbib, and taekwondave it's beginning to feel like CougarBlue again. Between the 3 we hate BYU's QB, hate BYU fans, and hate the U.S. government...
S
SpiffCoug
I don't think frdbtr hates BYU's QB. He just hate the ways he's playing and feels he should be getting his share of the blame for his own poor performance.
M
Mars
kitic77 wrote:
I don't think frdbtr hates BYU's QB. He just hate the ways he's playing and feels he should be getting his share of the blame for his own poor performance.

I don't know. He's taken things far beyond that. It seems more like a personal vendetta at this point.
K
kiwibacon
Mars wrote:
I don't think frdbtr hates BYU's QB. He just hate the ways he's playing and feels he should be getting his share of the blame for his own poor performance.

I don't know. He's taken things far beyond that. It seems more like a personal vendetta at this point.

Maybe he just wants Heaps to break a leg. :D
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Mars wrote:
I don't think frdbtr hates BYU's QB. He just hate the ways he's playing and feels he should be getting his share of the blame for his own poor performance.

I don't know. He's taken things far beyond that. It seems more like a personal vendetta at this point.


Something a respectable poster like Mars would NEVER ever do, especially not with say...Collie or Nelson...
I
Italics
Mars wrote:
I don't think frdbtr hates BYU's QB. He just hate the ways he's playing and feels he should be getting his share of the blame for his own poor performance.

I don't know. He's taken things far beyond that. It seems more like a personal vendetta at this point.


Heaps took his sister on a date and never called back.



Or something like that.
I
Italics
BTW, this is an extremely stupid thread title. Possibly the worst I've ever seen on cougarblue or cougarcorner. Insinuating that someone is equivalent to - or likening someone to - Korihor shouldn't have any place here.



Basically what we've been seeing with all the religious debates is two extremes going at it. I myself would probably fall somewhere in the middle of each side presented (that's basically the story of my life right there in terms of church discussions/debates... on my own. Seems like being extreme is the hip thing to do now-a-days.)



The only thing that truly sickens me is the self-righteousness. I made the mistake of unblocking one of Schmoe's quotes on one of these threads and was quickly reminded of why I had him blocked. I literally laugh out loud whenever I see someone accuse another of being "faithless" and "blaspheming" because they have a differing opinion on something. Sorry, when I read things like that, the only thing it does is tell me that the person must not be very confident in their own beliefs.



For the most part, I choose to stay out of such discussions. One, because both sides usually seem equally ignorant to me. And two, because I choose not to "debate" with people who have so clearly demonstrated that they are not confident in their opinions and - for the most part - haven't the slightest clue what the hell they are talking about.



So perhaps the "problem" with the board is that everyone is willing to stoop to everyone else's level. Two wrongs don't make a right, and having two extreme opinions in one room doesn't mean one of those opinions are correct.
S
Schmoe
Italics wrote:
BTW, this is an extremely stupid thread title. Possibly the worst I've ever seen on cougarblue or cougarcorner. Insinuating that someone is equivalent to - or likening someone to - Korihor shouldn't have any place here.


I agree when talking about other posters (to a degree, anyway), but I have no problem with posters comparing evil people -- say...Bill Maher -- to Korihor ;)
K
kiwibacon
Italics, I pulled a you and did not put a smiley face so that you could know that I was being facetious. I thought it would be more than obvious that my sarcasm was way overboard with the thread title/and my responses to Mars. :roll:



Flame away at me more if you must but please tell me where I singled any poster out or even compared them to Korihor.
Advertisement
I
Italics
kiwibacon wrote:
Italics, I pulled a you and did not put a smiley face so that you could know that I was being facetious. I thought it would be more than obvious that my sarcasm was way overboard with the thread title/and my responses to Mars. :roll:



Flame away at me more if you must but please tell me where I singled any poster out or even compared them to Korihor.


Using no smileys is cool. It makes your posts more mysterious. People never know how to read you. It's like being batman. Batman is cool.
K
kiwibacon
http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/movie/batman/batman_6.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
Italics
now we're talking
M
Mars


Wasn't Korihor a lawyer?
C
CougarClaw
Mars wrote:


Wasn't Korihor a lawyer?


I totally thought this was in relation to the additional lawyers we've recently seen come into the world.



Korihor was totally a lawyer.



And one of those responsible for the destruction of the Nephite nation with their wickedness, blatant hubris, and money-mongering. Just like all lawyers everywhere anywhere and forever with no exceptions ever.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.