Archived Topic

YES!!!

by fifthqb · 11/2/2010

Advertisement
T
taekwondave
Is this what the MUSS is like? Man those guys are loud. If that's one of the reasons why I say lets go for it.
F
fifthqb
Yeah that is pretty much how most universities' have their student sections set up. Pack all the students together and it gets a lot louder, lot more passion especially down front where it would be a first come first serve basis. You would get all the fans that are actually there for the football down front leading the masses behind them. I think this would be huge. One of the things I have been dying to see change at BYU.
T
taekwondave
Just voted for it about thirty times... :whistle:
S
StatsCougar
taekwondave wrote:
Just voted for it about thirty times... :whistle:


Chances are that they'll ignore votes that have the same IP address.
Advertisement
Y
YBrit
It is official, I hope they actually put $$ into it, and use their home-field advantage. BYU is the worst school in america for creating that type of environment. I've seen 3 blue-enough games. BYU-TCU 07,09, BYU-u 09 and BYU-FSU 09.
S
SpiffCoug
YBrit wrote:
I used qualtrics as an undergrad at BYU, I doubt it's official and probably meaningless.

The Muff is loud because they are excited they didn't have to pay anything to get in.

The MUSS is loud because they have a winning team that scores a lot of points. They didn't have a MUSS in 2002. They didn't have a MUSS in 2003. They've really only been around since Utah has become a perennial Top 20 team. What happens if Utah has a few mediocre seasons? I doubt the MUSS is as robust then.
F
fifthqb
I think the BYU student section would easily have the potential to blow the muss out of the water. Looking at the shaded parts of the stadium, that's got to be around 15,000 seats, and that's what? half of utah's stadium? (rounds up). Pack that full of students that are energized and led down front by the more passionate fans and its going to be a world of difference.
G
Guest
How would this be implemented differently from the Cougar United section?
B
BYULV
kitic77 wrote:
I used qualtrics as an undergrad at BYU, I doubt it's official and probably meaningless.

The Muff is loud because they are excited they didn't have to pay anything to get in.

The MUSS is loud because they have a winning team that scores a lot of points. They didn't have a MUSS in 2002. They didn't have a MUSS in 2003. They've really only been around since Utah has become a perennial Top 20 team. What happens if Utah has a few mediocre seasons? I doubt the MUSS is as robust then.


Yeah, I agree. I went to the BYU u BBall game two years ago and Utah actually won, however, the mighty Muss was more of a whimpy Wuss. They weren't impressive, lots of empty seats and only spurts of noise. Can only imagine how bad the b ball muss will be this year.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
blue42
I love the quote from the survey, "It provides a section where students will be able to stand whenever they like." This makes me wonder if this was something spearheaded by all the blue hairs who just want to sit on their fats butts during the game! :roll:



Also where would the band sit? still in the North endzone?
Y
YBrit
Get rid of the band, they are a waste of space.
T
tmoney35
what does muss stand for?
M
Matty-B
tmoney35 wrote:
what does muss stand for?

Mighty Utah Student Section
E
EM_Puma
I like the idea and voted for it, but the one downside is that then you take the students out to 25-29 and then the north end becomes awful quiet. For certain, if you win the toss as a BYU opponent, you take that end of the field (north). As I said, I think the idea is valid, but I have little hope for BYU fans as a whole creating sufficient noise. I don't know the answer as to how you get these people to properly get into a game.
Advertisement
R
redneckjedi
EM_Puma wrote:
I like the idea and voted for it, but the one downside is that then you take the students out to 25-29 and then the north end becomes awful quiet. For certain, if you win the toss as a BYU opponent, you take that end of the field (north). As I said, I think the idea is valid, but I have little hope for BYU fans as a whole creating sufficient noise. I don't know the answer as to how you get these people to properly get into a game.


Simple - if you present a student ticket and are talking on a cell phone about something other than football, have a popped color, or are sneaking in a footlong sub, your seat is reassigned and the next person with face paint/body paint/blue wig/etc. gets it. ;)
F
frdbtr
Matty-B wrote:
what does muss stand for?

Mighty Utah Student Section


Mighty and utah are an oxymoron. WUSS would be a better acronym.
L
Lawboy
I am for it. I say stick them all in the north endzone and on the north end of the east bleacher. I like putting the students all together. Plus, it makes it easier for those looking for a date after the game to get one beause they can stay in their seat rather than wander all students sections trolling for a bite.
W
Wickchad
blue42 wrote:



Also where would the band sit? still in the North endzone?


Hopefully they sit with their peers in the South endzone. Besides the band members need all the help they can get finding dates...
C
Cougarfan87
Matty-B wrote:
what does muss stand for?

Mighty Utah Student Section


Really? I could have sworn it was one of these:



Mentally Unhinged Sports Supporters

Myopic Utahns Sustaining Suckiness

Mankind Unwanted by Superior Schools

:D
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.