Archived Topic

Backwards-Day Quote

by Mars · 11/2/2010

Advertisement
M
Mars


"I feel that coach [Nick] Howell really worked with us individually [in practice last week], focused on one-on-ones, because we hadn't worked on focusing on ourselves instead of our opponent. I could see myself getting better and better, just off little things he has taught us. I think Jray [Galea'i] made a big turnaround, just off his play. And with coach Howell focusing on us. Travis [Uale], too. I feel like everyone got better."
-Brian Logan



http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogs/byusports/50583975-65/think-coach-logan-harder.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;





So... BYU has been focusing more on specific gameplans for the opponent each week this year than they have on their own fundamentals? That sounds... backwards.
B
BerliNY
Bronco has repeatedly said that he focuses on the team's execution and NOT on the opponent. Weird.
B
BigCougsFan
I don't want to turn this around on Bronco, but I'm curious about something. Am I the only one that takes his comments as a grain of salt?



Example: IIRC... After we lost a game. Bronco said to the media things were fine/good on defense. Then the very next day Jaime Hill gets canned.



I don't know. I know I don't like it though.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
How bout we call this thread, look for any reason to be negative. Guys, during the season BYU has to prepare for next opponent during the week on game week. Haven't I been reading on this board where people criticize bronco for saying that he focuses on ourselves and not our opponent. When he says that he is referring to working on the game plan that they put together for the next opponent and trying to perfect it. It is coach speak, it is what all coaches do. Since BYU had a Bye week, they were able to focus some days on perfecting technique and fundamentals before having to prepare the game plan. It is all positive. Sometimes I think that BYU fans, if handed a $100 bill would respond by saying "is that all you got?"
A
ABYUFAN
frdbtr wrote:
How bout we call this thread, look for any reason to be negative. Guys, during the season BYU has to prepare for next opponent during the week on game week. Haven't I been reading on this board where people criticize bronco for saying that he focuses on ourselves and not our opponent. When he says that he is referring to working on the game plan that they put together for the next opponent and trying to perfect it. It is coach speak, it is what all coaches do. Since BYU had a Bye week, they were able to focus some days on perfecting technique and fundamentals before having to prepare the game plan. It is all positive. Sometimes I think that BYU fans, if handed a $100 bill would respond by saying "is that all you got?"

I agree.. Obviously practice during a bye week will be different than a game week.

BTW I bet that if you handed me a Franklin, I'd simply say "thanks"... let me show you ;)
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
ABYUFAN wrote:
How bout we call this thread, look for any reason to be negative. Guys, during the season BYU has to prepare for next opponent during the week on game week. Haven't I been reading on this board where people criticize bronco for saying that he focuses on ourselves and not our opponent. When he says that he is referring to working on the game plan that they put together for the next opponent and trying to perfect it. It is coach speak, it is what all coaches do. Since BYU had a Bye week, they were able to focus some days on perfecting technique and fundamentals before having to prepare the game plan. It is all positive. Sometimes I think that BYU fans, if handed a $100 bill would respond by saying "is that all you got?"

I agree.. Obviously practice during a bye week will be different than a game week.

BTW I bet that if you handed me a Franklin, I'd simply say "thanks"... let me show you ;)


I wish I had some to give out. :D
B
BigCougsFan
frdbtr wrote:
How bout we call this thread, look for any reason to be negative.


Its our American-Constitutional right to be negative man! Don't worry though. I offset my negativeness with postiveness. Go Robert Anae! He's so awesome. I love his game planning tactic ways! Say what you want BUT he calls a better game from the field and not from the booth!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CougarPeasant
ABYUFAN wrote:
How bout we call this thread, look for any reason to be negative. Guys, during the season BYU has to prepare for next opponent during the week on game week. Haven't I been reading on this board where people criticize bronco for saying that he focuses on ourselves and not our opponent. When he says that he is referring to working on the game plan that they put together for the next opponent and trying to perfect it. It is coach speak, it is what all coaches do. Since BYU had a Bye week, they were able to focus some days on perfecting technique and fundamentals before having to prepare the game plan. It is all positive. Sometimes I think that BYU fans, if handed a $100 bill would respond by saying "is that all you got?"

I agree.. Obviously practice during a bye week will be different than a game week.

BTW I bet that if you handed me a Franklin, I'd simply say "thanks"... let me show you ;)


I read it the same way. Two weeks to prepare for the next game, how about revisiting on those fundamentals now that Bronco's back in charge of the D?!!!



Oh and I would be very grateful on Thursday if I was given a C-note on Wednesday. ;)
M
Mars
frdbtr wrote:
How bout we call this thread, look for any reason to be negative.

Such as...? :skeptic:
T
tww
BigCougsFan wrote:
How bout we call this thread, look for any reason to be negative.


Its our American-Constitutional right to be negative man! Don't worry though. I offset my negativeness with postiveness. Go Robert Anae! He's so awesome. I love his game planning tactic ways! Say what you want BUT he calls a better game from the field and not from the booth!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Is this the positive post or the backwards-day post? I'm confused. :D
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.