Archived Topic

Brian Logan Pulling for the Pukes

by 1967cougar · 11/1/2010

Advertisement
1
1967cougar
How many times have we heard this before: "I want them to win so they will be undefeated when we beat them." NOT!!!



1st Rule of Life: never, never, never, never, never, never, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER,NEVER pull for the Pukes to win. Remember a few years back? Same situation, same mantra. They spanked our butts. That was the year all the MWC homers were pulling for them "for the good of the conference." I wonder where they all went this year?



Funny thing is, I was just about to start a thread asking what the most desired outcome would be this Saturday. If you had to choose only one, would you want a TCU win or a BYU win?



I love my Cougs. I mean, I really love my Cougs. But I have lived thru lousy BYU seasons in my life. It's hard but it's bearable. What I can't live thru is Puke arrogance. Go Frogs!
A
ABYUFAN
I'm fine with a member of the team wanting to still have a chance to beat the best team in the confernce. I'm not fine with a fan feeling the same way.



PS I acknowledge that that makes no sence..
I
Italics
If I could travel into the future and see us beating them... then yes, I'd want them to beat TCU. In fact, I'd want them to wipe the floor with TCU, because I hate TCU and every other MWC team with a passion now that we're going indy.



But realistically... Yewtah clobbers us.



And no... I really don't want to hear from Yewt fans for all eternity about their 3 BCS bowl games. No thanks.

I say "GO TCU!"

and if the Yewts do pull it off... well... I hope we can beat them. That'd be epic.
L
Lawboy
A 3rd BCS game for Utah before BYU gets its first would be too much to stomach. So I hope TCU snuffs out that dream so much so that Utah is still licking its wounds when BYU shows up. I hope TCU piles drives them back to the stone age of Utah football--or 2000, whichever.



Utah needs to be embarrassed like they were vs. TCU last year. Exceopt this time, it will be at RES, making it even more sweet to behold.
V
vancouvercougar
I used to cheer for the :utard: because of the strength of schedule nonsense. NO MORE. The :utard: could lose every game & I would be pleased.



I understand where Logan is coming from, but I have repented of my former ways.
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
I've come to accept that the Utes are the team du'jour in Utah at the moment. BYU had it's decade in the 1980s and will hopefully experience a resurgence in the 2010s as a football independent. I am really tired of hearing about the Utes, though, on my friggin' BYU board.



Good riddance, Utah. See you in September every year in a game that will mean nothing for anyone.
C
CougarPeasant
Lawboy wrote:
A 3rd BCS game for Utah before BYU gets its first would be too much to stomach. So I hope TCU snuffs out that dream so much so that Utah is still licking its wounds when BYU shows up. I hope TCU piles drives them back to the stone age of Utah football--or 2000, whichever.



Utah needs to be embarrassed like they were vs. TCU last year. Exceopt this time, it will be at RES, making it even more sweet to behold.




I agree. Kill the pUkes so they have no chance of going to a BCS game this year. I also used to root for them OOC, well at least tolerated their winning. It got us no where as fans of BYU, so now it's lose every game, always.



What sucks is I am a BYU fan, born in Utah, spent a few years in Ft Worth and now live in Boise and I can't root for TCU, BSU, or :utard: because of BCS envy.
D
Ddawg
I use to pull for the Yewt Scuzz Ball Dirt Bag Pukes - until we took the field against them. Noooo more.

A Yewt win only helps them recruit quality ball players inside Utah - and we are recruiting the same players!!!!! I use to look kindly on them like a little brother. No More.



There's also a seriously misguided thread going about applying the "Golden Rule" to Yewt fans. No way. I've tried. Not all Yewt fans are horrible. My Father graduated from the UofU. But - he despises the current Yewt fan attitude & their intense hate towards BYU. Most rabid Yewt fans are gutter trash!!



So - screw the Yewts!!! I hope they get a serious beat down - a humbling beat down - an embarrassing beat down!!!! I hope all the Utah high school athletes that are waffling between the Y & the Scuzz Ball Yewts - watch the Yewts get pummelled. Then watch it again when we get to take the field.

8) :crazy:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.