Archived Topic

A thread not about Heaps

by jonnylingo · 11/1/2010

Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
Go ahead, can anybody think of anything other than a heaps comparison to talk about? Anything? Please!
B
BroncoBot
I've got it! Former Washington prep QBs.





Heaps vs Locker, who would you rather have leading your NFL team?
L
Lawboy
On The Herd this morning, he had Trent Dilfer on and they were talking about QBs that can manage a game without killing a team, and how that is a huge tool in the NFL. Very underrated, in fact. Some guys have huge skill and upside, but can't avoid the mistakes(Cutler). Others are not as flashy, do not make the crazy throws, but do not hurt their teams too often and thus, give the team a chance to win late(Dilfer, Sanchez, etc) The basically looked at Sanchez game yesterday where the Jets lost 9-0, and he had 9 dropped balls (Umm--not all perfect throws either) that cost them at least 1 TD possibly two, and how Sanchez is taking the blame for it when his team blew it for him. Talked about how smart people that analyze the game can see it was not Sanchez, but people who look merely at perception think it was. I found the chat rather interesting and relevant. I am sure ESPN will have it loaded soon. Worth a listen.



http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=theherd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
J
jonnylingo
declocoug wrote:
I've got it! Former Washington prep QBs.





Heaps vs Locker, who would you rather have leading your NFL team?


Damnit declocoug! I was thinking more along the lines of debating whether this is a really big shoe or just a very small person.



http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_CeLKTd6VSkej-WxEqkjZDeFY6xf5KHigZmrrSZSLxH5rzPU&t=1&usg=__wwLute29LHkaOXpEplJ022y6H-I=" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jonnylingo
You know what, I would actually even take a discussion or lesson from Mars on the dangers of drinking milk at this point.



http://fantippo.orconhosting.net.nz/milk-poison.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
Jake heaps is nowhere in this video ;)



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE
B
Brayden Green
ABYUFAN wrote:
Jake heaps is nowhere in this video ;)



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE


I DON'T... LIKE... SPAM!!!
L
Lawboy
What this thread really needs is MORE COWBELL



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_ExOkfaSCc&feature=related
M
Mars
jonnylingo wrote:
You know what, I would actually even take a discussion or lesson from Mars on the dangers of drinking milk at this point.

I think milk is a funny topic. Asians don't seem to drink much milk, but they do seem to live longer and have stronger bones than Americans (less osteoporosis). Perhaps it's because the milk we drink every day is meant to help calves grow into cows, and isn't really meant for humans at all. Of course, almost anything you'll ever read about milk is something put out by the milk industry.



Perhaps grocery stores should sell human milk... :whistle:
A
ABYUFAN
Mars wrote:
You know what, I would actually even take a discussion or lesson from Mars on the dangers of drinking milk at this point.

I think milk is a funny topic. Asians don't seem to drink much milk, but they do seem to live longer and have stronger bones than Americans (less osteoporosis). Perhaps it's because the milk we drink every day is meant to help calves grow into cows, and isn't really meant for humans at all. Of course, almost anything you'll ever read about milk is something put out by the milk industry.



Perhaps grocery stores should sell human milk... :whistle:


I believe that the mushrooms get in the stores are actually the reproductive organs of the fungi... perhaps we should sell human reproductive organs in our grocery stores instead (or top our pizza with them) :sick:
Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
Mars wrote:
You know what, I would actually even take a discussion or lesson from Mars on the dangers of drinking milk at this point.

I think milk is a funny topic. Asians don't seem to drink much milk, but they do seem to live longer and have stronger bones than Americans (less osteoporosis). Perhaps it's because the milk we drink every day is meant to help calves grow into cows, and isn't really meant for humans at all. Of course, almost anything you'll ever read about milk is something put out by the milk industry.



Perhaps grocery stores should sell human milk... :whistle:


Most Asians are lactose intolerant--especially when it comes to milk. It makes them gassy. Just ask my brothers in law. My wife rarely touches the stuff, but I drink it by the gallon. Can't get enough milk--although she's made me switch to the watery kind (skim) when I used to only drink whole milk growing up. She phased me out over time--first with the 2%, then the 1%, and now the finale on the slippery slope to milk hell...skim milk. But I still drink it by the gallon. I wonder if Heaps drinks skim milk...
S
scott715
Try evaporated milk on your cereal. My parents did that when I was a kid. I thought it was normal. Sure put the pounds on the body!
V
vancouvercougar
scott715 wrote:
Try evaporated milk on your cereal. My parents did that when I was a kid. I thought it was normal. Sure put the pounds on the body!


Evaporated milk : Evaporated passing game



Is there a correlation??
B
byucougar1
No passing game = lactose intolerant = full of gas =MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
C
Cougarbib
Lawboy wrote:
On The Herd this morning, he had Trent Dilfer on and they were talking about QBs that can manage a game without killing a team, and how that is a huge tool in the NFL. Very underrated, in fact. Some guys have huge skill and upside, but can't avoid the mistakes(Cutler). Others are not as flashy, do not make the crazy throws, but do not hurt their teams too often and thus, give the team a chance to win late(Dilfer, Sanchez, etc) The basically looked at Sanchez game yesterday where the Jets lost 9-0, and he had 9 dropped balls (Umm--not all perfect throws either) that cost them at least 1 TD possibly two, and how Sanchez is taking the blame for it when his team blew it for him. Talked about how smart people that analyze the game can see it was not Sanchez, but people who look merely at perception think it was. I found the chat rather interesting and relevant. I am sure ESPN will have it loaded soon. Worth a listen.



http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=theherd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;




It's gotta be the coaches - fire em all. I haven't seen him throw. If he is jumping all over the palce an derratic in placement - give him a share of the blame along with the receivers and poor coaching. When all of your receivers are dropping balls - it is hard to deflect all the blame.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Cougarbib2 wrote:
On The Herd this morning, he had Trent Dilfer on and they were talking about QBs that can manage a game without killing a team, and how that is a huge tool in the NFL. Very underrated, in fact. Some guys have huge skill and upside, but can't avoid the mistakes(Cutler). Others are not as flashy, do not make the crazy throws, but do not hurt their teams too often and thus, give the team a chance to win late(Dilfer, Sanchez, etc) The basically looked at Sanchez game yesterday where the Jets lost 9-0, and he had 9 dropped balls (Umm--not all perfect throws either) that cost them at least 1 TD possibly two, and how Sanchez is taking the blame for it when his team blew it for him. Talked about how smart people that analyze the game can see it was not Sanchez, but people who look merely at perception think it was. I found the chat rather interesting and relevant. I am sure ESPN will have it loaded soon. Worth a listen.



http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=theherd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;




It's gotta be the coaches - fire em all. I haven't seen him throw. If he is jumping all over the palce an derratic in placement - give him a share of the blame along with the receivers and poor coaching. When all of your receivers are dropping balls - it is hard to deflect all the blame.

I think I pointed out in another thread that Heaps' atrocious rating is not because he's throwing a lot of interceptions and making tons of bad reads. He's just managing the game and not making any plays down field. He's averaging less than 5 yards a completion. Five yards a rush is a good average. Five yards a pass is about a 2.5 yards per rush. Until he learns to make plays down field, BYU's offense will continue to struggle to put points on the board. Until the coaches start putting trust in Heaps to make plays and not try to hide him, they will continue to struggle to win games.
C
Cougarbib
Milk tastes great - especially whole milk but skim milk is less filling.



PS



Do U think Sark will be looking for a job soon? He is taking heat for his mishandling of Jake Locker, who will not be playing Saturday because it turns out the bruised rib he has been playing with is actually a broken rib. At least he had the sense to red-shirt Nick Montana - their consolation prize up in Seattle. They are very proud at UW of Montana's Oaks Christian team beating Jake Heaps in 2009 and love it when Joe Montana comes to ther games. Maybe Joe Montana would like to be a QB coach somewhere. Serioiusly - I love Sark but he will be feeling the heat as the 30 point underdog dogs go up to Eugene for a good butt whipping. To the Huskies Oregon is as Utah is to BYU. UW plays the schedule BYU needs to make sure it never plays. UW fans still think they woulda coulda beat us this year - not so much the day after we beat them - but as they have watched us slide downhill since that day. I think we could beat them again tomorrow in Provo 51/49 oddds.



Go Cougs
J
jonnylingo
Cougarbib2 wrote:
Milk tastes great - especially whole milk but skim milk is less filling.



PS



Do U think Sark will be looking for a job soon? He is taking heat for his mishandling of Jake Locker, who will not be playing Saturday because it turns out the bruised rib he has been playing with is actually a broken rib. At least he had the sense to red-shirt Nick Montana - their consolation prize up in Seattle. They are very proud at UW of Montana's Oaks Christian team beating Jake Heaps in 2009 and love it when Joe Montana comes to ther games. Maybe Joe Montana would like to be a QB coach somewhere. Serioiusly - I love Sark but he will be feeling the heat as the 30 point underdog dogs go up to Eugene for a good butt whipping. To the Huskies Oregon is as Utah is to BYU. UW plays the schedule BYU needs to make sure it never plays. UW fans still think they woulda coulda beat us this year - not so much the day after we beat them - but as they have watched us slide downhill since that day. I think we could beat them again tomorrow in Provo 51/49 oddds.



Go Cougs


sark is screwed when they suck even worse next year when they lose what little talent they have left. pinning hopes on montana is laughable.
M
Mars
Cougarfan87 wrote:
Most Asians are lactose intolerant--especially when it comes to milk.

NO WONDER they're so healthy and live so long compared to Americans... :whistle:



:D
C
Cougarfan87
Mars wrote:
Most Asians are lactose intolerant--especially when it comes to milk.

NO WONDER they're so healthy and live so long compared to Americans... :whistle:



:D


It probably has more to do with eating a LOT more fish and a lot LESS red meat. But, you can attribute it to the milk thing if you want. I'm sticking to my milk and red meat (in moderation) and living a happy, productive, although perhaps a little shorter than it could have been, life. Life without milk and red meat just isn't a life worth living. :D
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.