Archived Topic

If you could say one thing to Heaps what would it be?

by Cougs_Rule · 11/1/2010

Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
As a fan--

If you were his coach--



Must be a bye week with irrelevant threads like this, but I thought it might be interesting.

(**I promise not to engage or react to anyone's posts.)
T
taekwondave
Not your fault. Come back in two years.
B
byutx
As a fan: "don't listen to anything fans say; don't read any threads, etc."



As his coach: "I'm sorry we screwed you and the team over by putting you and the offense in a position for failure. However, there's nothing we can do about that now. You need to step your game up several notches. Calm down and get it done. Get some fire, too"
I
imuakahuku
As a fan:

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?



As a coach:

And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
S
SpiffCoug
As a fan - You need to play better. You will play better. You still have three and a half years to get better.



As a coach - You need to play better. You will play better. I've still got three and a half years to help you get better.
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
Your offensive coach will be gone soon, just keep getting better and I'm sorry you have been thrown to the fire like this. You have greatness in you (and around you, it just happens to be on the sidelines not playing...) Forget about any records, other than a win/loss and we will be on our way.



You are most likely going to have to do this all over again next year - but the good news is that we aren't stupid anymore (and if I'm Bronco) and I am actually going to be doing things on the team this next year instead of stupidly delegating to coaches that no longer work here. So just like last year, just go out and beat the "competition" in the first few weeks, and this time instead of our former offensive coach picking a pony early and dragging this thing out to death, your new OC (your old qb coach) and I will give you the confidence and snaps you need and deserve from the get-go, right after you have earned them. Just like we should have done last year.
C
craigoscarson
Rome wasn't built in a day...You have all the tools to be great and every minute is a chance to improve. If you're not spending that time to get better, someone else will be. Greatness takes time and massive effort. Don't let anyone else take fault for your failures (real or perceived), that will only make you weak.



The greatest are always also the hardest workers (jerry rice, peyton manning, michael jordan, etc.)
C
crh55
"Sorry your offensive coordinator wasn't fired along with the defensive coordinator. It's too bad his play calling is so predictable and that he has mishandled you and the tight ends so poorly."
B
BroncoBot
fan: Loosen up and Give em hell!!!!!



Coach: Put the first half of this season behind you. Our new goal is to win every game on the schedule and I believe you are fully capable of doing what you can as QB to make that happen.
A
ABYUFAN
Sorry Dave, I was expecting you to say this to him...


taekwondave wrote:
You'll be OK, just slow down a little bit...
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
fan: Thanks for signing my 4 year old sons BYU hat, Jake (yeah, this did happen after the Wyoming game).



Coach: We will put you in better situations to succeed. Now go lead your team and make plays.
C
CAFB_04-12

If you could say one thing to Heaps what would it be?

Can I have your autograph?
C
CougarPeasant
CAFB_04-12 wrote:

If you could say one thing to Heaps what would it be?

Can I have your autograph?


Ditto.
S
Schmoe
As a fan: "Start accepting more feedback, get better, these coaches know what they're talking about and will help you more than your high school coaches and the qb coach your dad hired when you were twelve."



As a coach: "Start accepting more feedback, get better, we know what we're talking about and will help you more than your high school coaches and the qb coach your dad hired when you were twelve."
B
BoiseBYU
Fan: I am glad you came to BYU. Make us proud

Coach: You will only be as good as the effort and work and humility you put into this



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
W
Wickchad
ABYUFAN wrote:
Sorry Dave, I was expecting you to say this to him...


You'll be OK, just slow down a little bit...


Or this:


taekwondave wrote:
Try yoga, it might make your reads faster...
T
taekwondave
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Sorry Dave, I was expecting you to say this to him...


taekwondave wrote:
You'll be OK, just slow down a little bit...


Or this:


taekwondave wrote:
Try yoga, it might make your reads faster...


You guys are...fast....learners ;)
T
taekwondave
And I never said yoga would make you fast. I said it would keep you from getting groin, knee, and hamstring injuries.
M
Mars
Schmoe wrote:
As a fan: "Start accepting more feedback, get better, these coaches know what they're talking about and will help you more than your high school coaches and the qb coach your dad hired when you were twelve."



As a coach: "Start accepting more feedback, get better, we know what we're talking about and will help you more than your high school coaches and the qb coach your dad hired when you were twelve."

I'm pretty sure Anae doesn't know more than 12-year-old Jake's offensive coaches... :skeptic:
C
Cougarbib
Lawboy wrote:
fan: Thanks for signing my 4 year old sons BYU hat, Jake (yeah, this did happen after the Wyoming game).



Coach: We will put you in better situations to succeed. Now go lead your team and make plays.


My son got a Ben Olson signed BYU hat when Ben was a senior at Thousand Oaks High School. Still got it - though I wish things worked out differently.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.