D
doublejIn my spare time I often check CB just to see what is going on over there. Anyway I noticed this thread about a missionary tool story:
http://www.cougarboard.com/nologin/message.html?id=6130666 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anyway I thought it would be an interesting thread, and rather than join CB, just thought I would bring my story here and welcome any stories you have.
While out tracting we had a man answer the door and shout Lavell Edwards. I asked him if he was a Y fan (it was a little strange being in LSU country.) He then told me that after LSU, BYU was his favorite team. He loved Lavell, he loved the missionary program and what I thought was really strange to hear is he loved the honor code. He told me that his experience in college and what he sees now is that its a party fest, he loved how we help kids to be honorable and play football. This of course led to a discussion, a placement of the BoM and a dinner haha. He never joined as far as I know but I'm sure he is still a fan unless Crowton ruined him, if he did, maybe he can enjoy C man now.
Anyway I thought it would be an interesting thread, and rather than join CB, just thought I would bring my story here and welcome any stories you have.
While out tracting we had a man answer the door and shout Lavell Edwards. I asked him if he was a Y fan (it was a little strange being in LSU country.) He then told me that after LSU, BYU was his favorite team. He loved Lavell, he loved the missionary program and what I thought was really strange to hear is he loved the honor code. He told me that his experience in college and what he sees now is that its a party fest, he loved how we help kids to be honorable and play football. This of course led to a discussion, a placement of the BoM and a dinner haha. He never joined as far as I know but I'm sure he is still a fan unless Crowton ruined him, if he did, maybe he can enjoy C man now.

