Archived Topic

Confession by The True Freshman

by Cougs_Rule · 10/28/2010

Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
I know I took responsibility in a previous press conference for my performance and for the loss, but let me make this official.

Uh, I'd like to admit to all fans who follow me, love me or hate me, uh...I know I suck big time and uh, I know I threw a really bad pass last game. 'I've had a really bad weekend'--ya know the kind that new qb's have when they feel totally responsible for their team sucking; and uh, I'd like to take full responsibility for every loss since I had this way cool opportunity thrust upon me--its all my fault. And even though I've dreamed of starting at BYU for at least 10 years and even though my parents spent my entire inheritance on QB coaches and camps; and even though I won all those state championships and camp MVP awards, I'd like to confess that they mean nothing now and I suck.

I'd also like to say that Coach Anae is perfect and he always expresses full confidence in me as the true freshman that I am--he's like a father to me, kkpphh (throw-up-in-mouth) and I know he will soon add 3 more plays to the playbook so that the offense wont have to be so predictable; I'm sorry he might lose his job, i know its my fault, I'm so, so sorry...oh sorrry, i'm off track, and I'd like to bare my Doman-imony that I know I wont suck forever cause he's going to help me get alllll better, and I know someday I'll grow up and go on my....I mean...go y'know get some more coaching so I wont suck as bad next year. I'm sorry I am 'disappointing the whole church' by not serving a mission, its just that, oh, it doesnt matter, I suck at that to, I know.

And I 'd like to apologize to the fans for ruining their life and making them so angry they yell at their wives and girlfriends....and...fight on chatrooms.

I'd also like to apologize to the upperclassman, they've been such great leaders, they always are 110% invested on every play--especially the receivers--they always support me, and pat me on the back, and tell me to hang in there, and that I wont suck forever; and that I better figure out my cadence so they will stop false-starting or they will continue to not support me, er...um, I meant to say, 'support me'. I also want to take accountability for this past summer when I started my own pass and catch sessions with receivers. I didn't intend to look cocky, its just when the older players didnt include me, i didnt know what to do.

Oh and I also want to apologize to O'neil, if I'd thrown better, more accurate, soft passes, he wouldn't have been so angry and wouldn't have "played that mean joke on me" and gotten kicked off the team--and to think I did this to him after he got me my own prime-time locker; oh, and i also want to apologize to these other prize recruits that I helped bring in. I know they deserve so much better from me and I'm sorry we aren't going to win the conference this year nor the NC next year--well, maybe we can if my PER goes up above 110.22534.

I accept full responsibility. I knew I shouldn't have aspired to be an All-American and follow in the footsteps of the legendary QB's at BYU and to play in the NFL. That was so arrogant of me to think that I could do that. Sheesh, I sure am eating alot of humble pie now, arent I.

OH and one final thing. I am sorry I held that silly-old press conference. I was 17 at the time and I was just caught up in all the excitement about being the #1 recruit. I know I didnt give myself that title but it was so immature and High School-ish of me to get caught up in all that hype. I know I suck. I know it. I hope to get get better. I think I can get better. I will try not to throw any more picks, especially those nasty old pick-6's. If only fans will keep calling me out as often as they can, maybe even add some boos this next home game on my next pick--bc I know its coming soon--and I also know the really, really good qb's dont ever throw picks--AND I get super motivated when they boo and call for Lark and Munns to SOS--ya know, 'save our season'. And I wouldn't mind it one bit if I continue to suck to just step aside for the good of the team and the demands of all those fans who hate me and think I should be so much better by this point.

In the meantime, I'd like to make sure EVERYBODY knows, I know I suck, so you wont have to keep convincing everybody else who still has hope OR anyone who has what Bronco referred to as...., what did he call that last year.....oh ya, "level of football education", whatever that means.



Sincerely, Jake the [future] Snake Heaps. (Is that ok to call myself "the snake" or would that be too presumtuous and confident? Or am I just too worried? or not? Or, well, um, maybe, nah, well, its probably ok, I dont know, but, ok, well, Coach Doman tells me not to worry about that grouchy old Anae and what it means when he looks at me with those angry eyes that say "if you throw one more pick, I'm gonna......!" Or when after I throw a pick he just runs and runs and runs the ball. You dont think he is losing confidence in my ability to hand-off the ball as well, do you? Oooooooh, IIIIIIIII dooooont know, I dont think Coach Anae is messin with my confidence. ALot of fans say its my fault, so maybe they are right--just like Anae).



Well, see ya next game.
K
kfilly20
Tried to skim, didn't make sense. Stupid post. Lost /Lose for everyone involved with it.
G
Guest
Sorry dmcougar, this didn't really work. fail.
L
Lawboy
I thought the gist of it was spot on..just too long.
W
Wickchad
dmcougar wrote:
I know I took responsibility in a previous press conference for my performance and for the loss, but let me make this official....

.


Name your sources. Was this posted on twitter? Did SDSU boosters pay him to say these things? Was this accounting of events provided by OC? Did he agree to forfeit the SDSU game because of the replaygate?
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
In the post game interview I listened to Heaps used the phrase WE made a bad pass twice and never used the word I once. Using WE when talking about successes is a good practice but in the case of this bad pass, "I" would have exuded more accountability and leadership. Then let the other players use "We" when they refer to that play.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
Italics
.....
P
ProV1
I'm always amazed at the fan that a) has so much time on his hands to think something like this up then b)type it up and c)have so much hate for a kid he doesn't know. When my team "sucks" I smile, maybe shake my head, and move on with my life. I wait anxiously for the next week to come quickly so can cheer for success for my team. This type of rant is so foreign and bizarre it smacks of mental health issues to me.
B
byutx
Cougarbib2 wrote:
In the post game interview I listened to Heaps used the phrase WE made a bad pass twice and never used the word I once. Using WE when talking about successes is a good practice but in the case of this bad pass, "I" would have exuded more accountability and leadership. Then let the other players use "We" when they refer to that play.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Except that a pass in our offense usually requires two players to be successful. If the two aren't on the same page and the QB expects the receiver to sit down in the zone but the WR continues on a route, then it looks like the QB threw a bad pass when it was really the fault of both for not being on the same page. I'm not saying this happens every time, but these are the kind of timing issues that we have that should have been ironed out in the fall camp but weren't because of Anae.
C
CougarPeasant
I thought I was reading an Onion article. Nice summary of the season and complaints about the team as a whole so far. I didn't view it as a knock on Heaps as much as a rant about the team overall.
Advertisement
R
runbyu1
I also thought it was very TIC and not a knock on Heaps but rather an explanation and a viewpoint on the season as a whole. I got out of it that Heaps is young and is trying to do his best to be the puppet that everyone wants---and that we can't possibly put that much blame on Heaps. Just my 2 cents...
B
Brayden Green
runbyu1 wrote:
I also thought it was very TIC and not a knock on Heaps but rather an explanation and a viewpoint on the season as a whole. I got out of it that Heaps is young and is trying to do his best to be the puppet that everyone wants---and that we can't possibly put that much blame on Heaps. Just my 2 cents...


yep, definitely not a knock on heaps. shouldn't be read as that, in my opinion.
C
Cougs_Rule
Purposes of this thread.

1. This was TTIC-total tongue in cheek

2. Heaps (a true freshman) is the qb and starter of this team. Pure fantasy to think the offense will improve with L or M

3. He is not very good right now; PER = 87 point whatever.

4. Heaps is not the MAIN reason this team is horrible.

5. The length of this post uses an ad nauseum literary style intended to flood the reader with the logical fallacies--that which is obvious to most but difficult to fathom by some--that is, that Jake sucks and they want someone to answer or be accountable for the state of this offense and the team.

6. this post is intended to mirror and match the repetitive attempts by some of the disconsolate sort who continue to be always searching and blaming and writing, but not quite coming to a knowledge of the truth or at least some broader perspective beyond the myopic linearity of A causes B; or to spell it out, A (Jake sucks) causes B (team sucks).

7. To serve as a prediction that those of the disconsolate and blaming sort will soon be booing Jake after the next interception--and that's how pathetic this Heaps-hating is likely to get until he breaks down, cries on the podium postgame, acknowledges how hard this is and publically soothes the disconsolate in their deeply held entitlement (Insert: Barrabas vs Jesus--no Im not explaining that, figure it out) as they see this guy go down in flames and pay for his crimes.

8. Between Jake's poor passes, Anae's Corwton-esque over-thinking of this very poor pass attack, Anae's poor player-relations/bed-side manner, and offensive teammates who will likely experience failure again; but who lack the positive leadership to surround this freshman qb and give him the support he needs and the leadership nod that they are intractably determined that he earns----ALTOGETHER ENDS UP EQUALING more scapegoating of Jake as the causal factor for this team's failure and certain fan's horrible plight.



I'd say more but its too long already. BUt Im not worried, Those that get it already moved on. those that refuse, stopped reading awhile ago.
C
Cougs_Rule
ProV1 wrote:
I'm always amazed at the fan that a) has so much time on his hands to think something like this up then b)type it up and c)have so much hate for a kid he doesn't know. When my team "sucks" I smile, maybe shake my head, and move on with my life. I wait anxiously for the next week to come quickly so can cheer for success for my team. This type of rant is so foreign and bizarre it smacks of mental health issues to me.


DING. DING. DING. DING.

Thanks Prov1--thats exactly my point. I'm actually pointing out how so many are unendingly ranting about how Jake sucks via innumerable posts. I DONT THINK HE SUCKS. AS the stats indicate, right now he's one of the worst qb's ever. BUt he will get better.
S
Schmoe
byutx wrote:
In the post game interview I listened to Heaps used the phrase WE made a bad pass twice and never used the word I once. Using WE when talking about successes is a good practice but in the case of this bad pass, "I" would have exuded more accountability and leadership. Then let the other players use "We" when they refer to that play.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Except that a pass in our offense usually requires two players to be successful. If the two aren't on the same page and the QB expects the receiver to sit down in the zone but the WR continues on a route, then it looks like the QB threw a bad pass when it was really the fault of both for not being on the same page. I'm not saying this happens every time, but these are the kind of timing issues that we have that should have been ironed out in the fall camp but weren't because of Anae.


Yes, but if you saw the bad pass in question, it was obviously only one person's fault.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
nothing gets past you Schmoe. I like that. :-)
B
byutx
Schmoe wrote:
Cougarbib2 wrote:
In the post game interview I listened to Heaps used the phrase WE made a bad pass twice and never used the word I once. Using WE when talking about successes is a good practice but in the case of this bad pass, "I" would have exuded more accountability and leadership. Then let the other players use "We" when they refer to that play.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Except that a pass in our offense usually requires two players to be successful. If the two aren't on the same page and the QB expects the receiver to sit down in the zone but the WR continues on a route, then it looks like the QB threw a bad pass when it was really the fault of both for not being on the same page. I'm not saying this happens every time, but these are the kind of timing issues that we have that should have been ironed out in the fall camp but weren't because of Anae.


Yes, but if you saw the bad pass in question, it was obviously only one person's fault.

I did see the pass and it was all Jake's fault. My commentary was directed in a more general sense at the misconception that our offense has set pass routes from which there is no variance. Many of Jake's missed passes are good throws to the wrong or a different route than the one a wr or te chooses. That is one of the reasons our passing offenses have been so good over the years-and our offenses had a long time to get to that point. Not so this year, though.
S
Schmoe
Yep, option routes, hot routes, receiver reads, there are a lot of variables in the passing game. I don't think that anyone is putting even close to 100% of offensive problems on Heaps' shoulders, but there are many that are agreeing that he finally needs to take SOME of the blame and when he makes a pass like that it should be all about "my fault, I, and me" and not "we or us."
S
Schmoe
dmcougar wrote:
nothing gets past you Schmoe. I like that. :-)


I have no idea what to make of this. It's either dripping with sarcasm or a real compliment. I'll just assume the latter and be happy. :crazy:
S
snoscythe
What kills me is the fact that anyone who criticizes Heaps is instantly beset by his apologists who try to shift any and all blame to his receivers, coaches, blocking, etc in an attempt to completely absolve Him of any blame. We are constantly reminded that Heaps doesn't have Pitta to throw to, but when our freshmen TEs are thrown unr the bus, those same apologists fail to remind us that the TEs didn't have the luxury this year of catching passes from Max Hall. He gets every benefit of the doubt, but none of the other freshmen do. And that is the aggravation--the excuses don't work both ways, unless you have 5-stars. The Heapsists need to chill out and realize that (1) he's just not a good QB this season, and (2) to admit as much doesn't mean someone else should start. It just means or best option under center this season isn't a good option....just the only option at this point.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.