Archived Topic

Who said Roy Hibbert would be a bust?

by craigoscarson · 10/28/2010

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
I remember several posters here thought Roy Hibbert was a huge bust in the making and a terrible consideration for the Jazz in the draft 2 years ago.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NBA_Draft" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



I had suggested that the Jazz package their 2nd round picks and a future 1st to move up and grab Hibbert and I was even mocked a bit for it. (One poster said that we had Fez and that there's no way Hibbert would make it in the league)



Hibbert followed up a very solid season last year with a great preseason and now 28. 9 and 3 against a very tough team to score inside against in the Spurs.



I can't imagine that Koufos will ever post a line like that... and then of course the Jazz package Koufos and 2 1st round picks for Jefferson (who is a serious upgrade but an expensive one considering Koufos also cost a 1st rounder) .



I like Al Jefferson as a player and I think he'll fit well in the Jazz system, but I can't imagine that having Hibbert and an extra 1st rounder to spend wouldn't have been better.
S
snoscythe
I can't find a single post on the board mentioning Hibbert.....other than these two.
C
craigoscarson
CC didnt' exist during that draft; it was on CB and if i remember Snos, you were one that hated Hibbert.



I think cougarblue has messed with their archives though; I cant' find much beyond 2009 there now.
B
BroncoBot
It looks like the kid can ball.



Jazz could absolutely use him (I'd take him over Fesenko or Elson). Fes, a decent backup, will never dominate the NBA.
C
craigoscarson
Hibbert and the Pacers looking good today.
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
It wasn't me - I said that Roy HOBBS would be a bust.... boy was I wrong!



http://www.sportsgrindent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/roy-hobbs1.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
You just wouldn't listen. I was telling you, "There goes Roy Hobbs, the best that ever was!"
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.