Archived Topic

BS-Yew

by YBrit · 10/27/2010

Advertisement
Y
YBrit
BS and U 2 things I hate.



I earlier mentioned I can care less if BS gets into the championship game. I momentarily forgot that BS is the biotch of ESPN so I remembered they are playing tonight.



I hate BS, and I'm having a hard time deciding why exactly. Maybe because their players are sort of like Florida/Florida St. players that can do whatever they want, perhaps it's the constant trickery and gimmicks, but I decided it's the stupid turf.



They can cry about being left out and that the BcS system is unfair, but having a Camo field with Camo uniforms is unfair (yes, I know it's blue not camo). Twist of irony. Just as the BcS is un-american, there is something about BS that's un-football.



Ya, so I guess I don't want them in the NC. As BYU is leaving for indy, this is the first time I've ever decided to cheer for BcS to shutout BS, Yew, TCU...too narrow-minded?
Y
YBrit
I peak at the game occasionally and twice their QB has overthrown the ball and unintended WRs have made great catches coming back for the ball and not giving up...something our WRs haven't done EVER all season.
L
livin the dream
I have a lot of relatives who are Boise State fans, and I don't really have a problem with BSU as a program, but I do have a problem with their fans creating a non-existent rivalry with BYU. I get sick of hearing all of their smack talk about BYU when we haven't even played them since 2004. I think it's time BSU gets a humbling...



I did watch a bit of the game tonight and I was very impressed by the mix of play calling. I don't think I saw the same play called once. I think I see BYU run the same 10 plays all game...(maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but it feels like it).



p.s. I agree that the blue field is ridiculous...
C
Cougarbib
Where there is smoke there is fire - make that envy. Ever since people started calling BSu the new BYU I noticed the envy meter on BYU chat boards skyrocket. The success of Utah, BSU, and TCU are 99% of the reason for the angst in the BYU fan base right now. The expectation that we will out do them and win a NC rather than just win a BCS Bowl is the root of our unrealistic expectations and the reason BYU fans clamor to play a schedule, like this year or even worse, that will ultimately be our down fall and embarrassment.



It is why I say - win the teams you haven't been able to go undefeated against and then start worrying about increasing our strength of schedule.



Even the Old Notre Dame (remember we are the new Notre Dame or the Notre Dame of the west - excuse the slip up) who finally got wise and dummied their schedule down a little bit got whacked by Navy last week. Our schedule this year is ranked ahead of Notre Dame of the East which is why they have 1 more win or so.



You will all want to die if BSU kicks our can next time we play - and that game is not far off
A
ABYUFAN
I like BS University ...I LOVE BYU! I hate the stupid complaints about the blue turf. Anyone who thinks that playing on the blue turf while wearing blue uniforms has obviously never played football, only watched on TV. On TV you look down on the field and the colors may blend...while playing you look across the field and their is no problem ..If you wanna hate the field 'cause it's ugly... then hate away.. that's fine...but when one starts saying they get some advantage by it one sounds stupid



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
I
Italics
living in Idaho, I am surrounded by way too many Donkey fans.



Listen to this gem I heard at work tonight:

"Boise State scored, they're up 14-7, YESSS!"

"Who are they playing"

"Umm, Louisiana State"

"That's LSU, right?"

"Yeah, they're like one of the best teams in the country"



BSU fans = most clueless "fans" in the country.
A
AmmonCougar1
ABYUFAN wrote:
I like BS University ...I LOVE BYU! I hate the stupid complaints about the blue turf. Anyone who thinks that playing on the blue turf while wearing blue uniforms has obviously never played football, only watched on TV. On TV you look down on the field and the colors may blend...while playing you look across the field and their is no problem ..If you wanna hate the field 'cause it's ugly... then hate away.. that's fine...but when one starts saying they get some advantage by it one sounds stupid



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I don't recall where I heard/read it (possibly SI) but I know I recently read that one of BSu's trick plays involved a player laying down on the field near the sideline but in bounds and was unnoticed until it was too late and was downfield and wide open for a TD. To me that is unfair. And despite all the varieties of green, no uniforms are grass green to the same degree that BSu's blue jerseys are turf blue. To me, I think that is their biggest gimmick and should be disallowed by the NCAA...like BYU's hideous bibs!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
B
byutx
AmmonCougar1 wrote:
I like BS University ...I LOVE BYU! I hate the stupid complaints about the blue turf. Anyone who thinks that playing on the blue turf while wearing blue uniforms has obviously never played football, only watched on TV. On TV you look down on the field and the colors may blend...while playing you look across the field and their is no problem ..If you wanna hate the field 'cause it's ugly... then hate away.. that's fine...but when one starts saying they get some advantage by it one sounds stupid



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I don't recall where I heard/read it (possibly SI) but I know I recently read that one of BSu's trick plays involved a player laying down on the field near the sideline but in bounds and was unnoticed until it was too late and was downfield and wide open for a TD. To me that is unfair. And despite all the varieties of green, no uniforms are grass green to the same degree that BSu's blue jerseys are turf blue. To me, I think that is their biggest gimmick and should be disallowed by the NCAA...like BYU's hideous bibs!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID

I saw them run that play on a kickoff return IIRC against TCU in the Poinsettia bowl 2 years ago. I can't for the life of me remember his name, but it was the RB that proposed to the cheerleader. He laid down for a couple seconds while the return developed and then took a lateral pass for a decent gain to around the 40 or so.
A
ABYUFAN
byutx wrote:
ABYUFAN wrote:
I like BS University ...I LOVE BYU! I hate the stupid complaints about the blue turf. Anyone who thinks that playing on the blue turf while wearing blue uniforms has obviously never played football, only watched on TV. On TV you look down on the field and the colors may blend...while playing you look across the field and their is no problem ..If you wanna hate the field 'cause it's ugly... then hate away.. that's fine...but when one starts saying they get some advantage by it one sounds stupid



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I don't recall where I heard/read it (possibly SI) but I know I recently read that one of BSu's trick plays involved a player laying down on the field near the sideline but in bounds and was unnoticed until it was too late and was downfield and wide open for a TD. To me that is unfair. And despite all the varieties of green, no uniforms are grass green to the same degree that BSu's blue jerseys are turf blue. To me, I think that is their biggest gimmick and should be disallowed by the NCAA...like BYU's hideous bibs!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID

I saw them run that play on a kickoff return IIRC against TCU in the Poinsettia bowl 2 years ago. I can't for the life of me remember his name, but it was the RB that proposed to the cheerleader. He laid down for a couple seconds while the return developed and then took a lateral pass for a decent gain to around the 40 or so.

Ian Johnson



And, clearly, that was on a green field - right?
B
byutx
ABYUFAN wrote:
AmmonCougar1 wrote:
I like BS University ...I LOVE BYU! I hate the stupid complaints about the blue turf. Anyone who thinks that playing on the blue turf while wearing blue uniforms has obviously never played football, only watched on TV. On TV you look down on the field and the colors may blend...while playing you look across the field and their is no problem ..If you wanna hate the field 'cause it's ugly... then hate away.. that's fine...but when one starts saying they get some advantage by it one sounds stupid



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I don't recall where I heard/read it (possibly SI) but I know I recently read that one of BSu's trick plays involved a player laying down on the field near the sideline but in bounds and was unnoticed until it was too late and was downfield and wide open for a TD. To me that is unfair. And despite all the varieties of green, no uniforms are grass green to the same degree that BSu's blue jerseys are turf blue. To me, I think that is their biggest gimmick and should be disallowed by the NCAA...like BYU's hideous bibs!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID

I saw them run that play on a kickoff return IIRC against TCU in the Poinsettia bowl 2 years ago. I can't for the life of me remember his name, but it was the RB that proposed to the cheerleader. He laid down for a couple seconds while the return developed and then took a lateral pass for a decent gain to around the 40 or so.

Ian Johnson



And, clearly, that was on a green field - right?

yep. though i'm sure it was designed with the blue turf in mind as an added help
Advertisement
C
cougman
Italics wrote:
living in Idaho, I am surrounded by way too many Donkey fans.



Listen to this gem I heard at work tonight:

"Boise State scored, they're up 14-7, YESSS!"

"Who are they playing"

"Umm, Louisiana State"

"That's LSU, right?"

"Yeah, they're like one of the best teams in the country"



BSU fans = most clueless "fans" in the country.


Not too dissimilar to the fodder found in the student section at BYU games. At least Boise fans know how and when to get loud. This post, and more particularly this thread screams of jealousy. It's beneath us as BYU fans.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.