Archived Topic

rumblings of some player trouble...

by craigoscarson · 10/26/2010

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
Nothing concrete right now but I've heard a couple of BYU players are in trouble... maybe honor code related/ maybe not... unsure. No names just a buddy that heard some rumblings in Provo.



Sometimes this is the worst thing about bye weeks. Let's hope it's nothing big.



Weak and ambigous I know... just wanted it out there if anyone had something more substantial.
L
Lawboy
Any idea on if starters, on the 2 depp, positions? I have not heard anything, but it would not surprise me. 1 or 2 guys get in HC trouble every year without fail.
C
craigoscarson
Lawboy wrote:
Any idea on if starters, on the 2 depp, positions? I have not heard anything, but it would not surprise me. 1 or 2 guys get in HC trouble every year without fail.


Nope just a text from a guy kind of close to the program that said that Bronco is pissed at a couple youngsters... I texted back for more info and nothing.
C
craigoscarson
Sounds like it's Drew Philips and possibly KVN... not good..



Hoping this is bunk... or nothing big
C
Cougs_Rule
KVN was my guess. Sad to think it.
Advertisement
S
storminmormon
craigoscarson wrote:
Sounds like it's Drew Philips and possibly KVN... not good..



Hoping this is bunk... or nothing big


Let's pray that it's not. That would mean trouble with the only guy on the team that can get in the end zone (on the scout team of course) and probably the most promising player we have on defense.
C
craigoscarson
storminmormon wrote:
Sounds like it's Drew Philips and possibly KVN... not good..



Hoping this is bunk... or nothing big


Let's pray that it's not. That would mean trouble with the only guy on the team that can get in the end zone (on the scout team of course) and probably the most promising player we have on defense.


Yeah, I'm hoping it's interpersonal drama and not an actual violation.
L
Lawboy
Could it be classroom related? I know KVN sat out some of fall Camp for this type of issue, so this would make some sense.



I bet Phillips is in trouble for the interview he gave recently talking about all the stars on his feet. Crrect me if I am wrong, but Bronco's policy is not interviews until you play your first game. So I could see trouble for that.
B
BigCougsFan
Lawboy wrote:
Could it be classroom related? I know KVN sat out some of fall Camp for this type of issue, so this would make some sense.


Was that the reason why KVN was suspended from the team in the off season? Or just an opinion? I've always wondered what the issue was.


Lawboy wrote:
I bet Phillips is in trouble for the interview he gave recently talking about all the stars on his feet. Crrect me if I am wrong, but Bronco's policy is not interviews until you play your first game. So I could see trouble for that.


I missed that interview. What's this about stars on his shoes??? :skeptic:



Bronco's policy: Is it... you can't give an interview after your first game OR the first game of the season? I thought he already played a down this season.
L
Lawboy
Phillips is redshirting. And the policy is no interviews until you actually play in a game. bronco considers it an honor for a player, and onc you see the field, you deserve it. Until then, not allowed. Here it is:



http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=878&sid=12871708" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



As to KVN, that is what I heard in Fall Camp when he missed some time. Could be wrong. But I thought it was related to expectations at BYU, and classwork.
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Harmon tweeted that Philips practiced today. So whatever it might be with him--if it is anything--not enough to prevent him from practicing today.
B
beauso79
Looks the other player in question is Cory Gaines per Harmon
U
UVACoug
It was started by a bunch of morons on CougarBoard who thought they could decipher the meaning of someone's facebook status. There is nothing to it.
C
Cougarbib
It's gotta be a Hoax everyone named Teo is already gone and OC has already been suspended. I was going to suggest that we check OC's roommates. But kids will be kids - hope there is no fire wherever this smoke came from.
D
Ddawg
craigoscarson wrote:
Sounds like it's Drew Philips and possibly KVN... not good..



Hoping this is bunk... or nothing big


Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sulk: :angry: :~(
Advertisement
M
Mars
craigoscarson wrote:
Nothing concrete right now but I've heard a couple of BYU players are in trouble... maybe honor code related/ maybe not... unsure. No names just a buddy that heard some rumblings in Provo.

Going by facebook, there are some guys in the program, like Kori Gaines or Lee Aguirre, that don't seem to be a good fit in the program at all. A lot like Mike Loyd Jr. Garrett Nicholson was one of those.

Drew Phillips is best friends with Gaines.



Some guys, like Wilson or Chambers, just like to talk and be heard. Not Bronco's favorite style, but usually no harm, no foul.



There are other guys who make you wonder how they'll ever keep up with the academic side, like Famika Anae or Travis Tuiloma.



And there are always some twitter/facebook-type posts that leave people confused, like the ones Matt Putnam and Alani Fua threw up today...



Crazy Wolf Pac.
M
Mars
"Concerning rumors of Phillips and Gaines...both were practicing today, so it doesn't appear that there's anything to the rumors"

http://twitter.com/#!/GurneyTBS/status/28845368594" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



"Got tons of email today on hoax suspensions of 2 BYU players. Please, can somebody point me to the source who started it all?"

http://twitter.com/#!/Harmonwrites/status/28856783063" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



"get your facts straight before you begin to say stuff people. nobody has been suspended. leave mine and drews name out of it, thank you."

http://twitter.com/#!/khalikidd/status/28852867399" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C
craigoscarson
I'm starting to get the impression that these kids have a little too much extra time on their hands. They might not have gotten suspended, but apparently Bronco had words with them. If they weren't only scout teamers, this might have resulted in something.



I'm just glad it wasn't a big thing.
C
Cougs_Rule
Its a whole new world with this social media generation. I have to confess my own near amazement at some of the tweets going on out there. Reading above what I presume to be a tweet from KVN to Harmon is pretty striking. where we might all expect a pretty closed environment in collegiate sports, particularly BYU, Bronco's world, is now popping up like a.....like a....I'm feeling pretty old and i'm only 45.
R
runbyu1
Mars wrote:
Nothing concrete right now but I've heard a couple of BYU players are in trouble... maybe honor code related/ maybe not... unsure. No names just a buddy that heard some rumblings in Provo.

Going by facebook, there are some guys in the program, like Kori Gaines or Lee Aguirre, that don't seem to be a good fit in the program at all. A lot like Mike Loyd Jr. Garrett Nicholson was one of those.

Drew Phillips is best friends with Gaines.



Some guys, like Wilson or Chambers, just like to talk and be heard. Not Bronco's favorite style, but usually no harm, no foul.



There are other guys who make you wonder how they'll ever keep up with the academic side, like Famika Anae or Travis Tuiloma.



And there are always some twitter/facebook-type posts that leave people confused, like the ones Matt Putnam and Alani Fua threw up today...



Crazy Wolf Pac.


Mars, would you care to elaborate on this stuff? Especially the Putnam and Fua posts?
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.