Archived Topic

ESPN has faith in BYU

by BigCougsFan · 10/25/2010

Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
According to them... We're going bowling! Wahoo!



Bell Helicopter Armed Forces(C-USA vs. Mountain West) -- UCF vs. Brigham Young

New Mexico(Mountain West vs. WAC) -- Brigham Young vs. Fresno State



Guess where they have our little brother :utard: going... To the BYU Bowl!



http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections/_/week/8
Y
YBrit
BY poor time management I'll be on planes during both bowls...that's what I get for assuming we'd be good enough for other bowls.
I
Italics
who would you guys rather play in this instance?



It's hard to say who is the better team... both look decent this season. In the end, I'd probably go with FSU because I think it'd be nice to have a chance to beat them after the way they betrayed us and the WAC.



At the same time, it'd be nice to get a taste for UCF since we'll be playing them in the near future.
C
Cougarbib
New Mexico bowl would be less likely to result in a jet-lagged start to a game we will already be hard pressed to win. We need to win a Bowl game and avoid having a losing record.



But let's take it 1 week at a time - two weeks this week- gotta fight for an ugly win over UNLV a week from Saturday.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
Italics wrote:
who would you guys rather play in this instance?
Where: The Independence Bowl (ACC).

Or the Poinsettia Bowl (Navy).



New Mexico is DEAD LAST on my list...
Advertisement
A
AmmonCougar1
Mars wrote:
who would you guys rather play in this instance?
Where: The Independence Bowl (ACC).

Or the Poinsettia Bowl (Navy).



New Mexico is DEAD LAST on my list...

It's second to DEAD LAST on mine...DEAD LAST is owned by the Roady's Humanitarian Bowl on the barf turf!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
E
EM_Puma
Interesting that Mark Schlabach doesn't think that there will be enough MWC AND WAC teams elibible to play in the New Mexico Bowl.
W
Wickchad
I'm telling you, if we are 6-6 we are going to the Poinsettia Bowl. They have been jonesing to get BYU to San Diego for their bowl game and this is their last chance. I think they would even take us over a bowl eligible SDSU because the stadium would be more full. It'd be like a second shot at Air Force with Bronco leading the defense so I think we would kill Navy.
M
Mars


P.S.



I think BYU loses at Colorado State and finishes 5-7 this year.
L
Lawboy
Mars wrote:


P.S.



I think BYU loses at Colorado State and finishes 5-7 this year.


I know we are not great this year, but I have seen nothing from CSU to lead me to believe they can beat us. I still like our chances in a 16-9 thriller.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Lawboy wrote:


P.S.



I think BYU loses at Colorado State and finishes 5-7 this year.


I know we are not great this year, but I have seen nothing from CSU to lead me to believe they can beat us. I still like our chances in a 16-9 thriller.

Remembering the last BYU game in fort collins is enough to make me question a win. If you remember, BYU had it's NFL caliber core playing back then (although I hope to see less fumbles from JJ this time around) and it still took last minute heroics to win that game.
I
Italics
AmmonCougar1 wrote:
Italics wrote:
who would you guys rather play in this instance?
Where: The Independence Bowl (ACC).

Or the Poinsettia Bowl (Navy).



New Mexico is DEAD LAST on my list...

It's second to DEAD LAST on mine...DEAD LAST is owned by the Roady's Humanitarian Bowl on the barf turf!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID


Maybe we could wear all blue so that we'd blend into the field...
S
Short_Change
declocoug wrote:
Mars wrote:


P.S.



I think BYU loses at Colorado State and finishes 5-7 this year.


I know we are not great this year, but I have seen nothing from CSU to lead me to believe they can beat us. I still like our chances in a 16-9 thriller.

Remembering the last BYU game in fort collins is enough to make me question a win. If you remember, BYU had it's NFL caliber core playing back then (although I hope to see less fumbles from JJ this time around) and it still took last minute heroics to win that game.


Not even close to the same CSU team. I know, we're not the same BYU team either, but you get the point.
I
IndiCoug
Mars wrote:


P.S.



I think BYU loses at Colorado State and finishes 5-7 this year.


I'm just thinking how grateful I am that we are stuck on the "mtn" this year so no one can see our monumental failure. It's embarassing to watch our cougars making errors that HS students don't make and not coached to correct all year. Or maybe it's just the incredable lack of ingenuity in our offensive play calling and that almost anyone can guess 50% or greater of the play calling. :whistle:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.