Archived Topic

Bye Week Grades 6-DL

by SpiffCoug · 10/25/2010

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
DL
C
Cougy_Monster
A



This is like the classes I had at BYU where even if you had a D during the semester if you got an A on the final then you got an A for the class.



This group has done a 180 since Bronco took over. They are tough and stick to their assignments (now that they actually have assignments).
I
Italics
I gave them a C instead of a D for these two reasons:



- The run defense has been great lately (although that has a lot to do with our LB's, DB's, and safeties as well)



- They've had two game winning pass deflections



Besides those two positive things - they are slow, and usually do a very poor job at pressuring the opposing QB. When they DO get pressure on the quarterback, they can't catch/tackle them to save their lives. They give quarterbacks way too long to throw, and also allow them to rush for too many first downs.
C
Cougs_Rule
C. would have loved to give them a B, but with the loss of FUga, no way. Good since Bronco took over, but need to get to the QB more. Wyoming offense can hardly be a measuring stick for a good D--and we almost gave it away.
G
Guest
I went with the C for similiar reasons to why I gave the LBs a C. They are an improving bunch, and have had a rough test, but they're have been some missed assignments and ugly play too. I'm just glad they are improving, So'oto particularly is looking better the last few games.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.