Archived Topic

Not to speak ill of the moved-on, but...

by Isola · 10/24/2010

Advertisement
I
Isola
I am not posting this to dis the dismissed Oneil Chambers, but really, I didn't miss him yesterday. In fact our return game, which is where OC got most of his touches, came to life yesterday. Both Hoffman and Falslev averaged 5 yards more than OC has on the year, and Hoffman broke off an 80 yard return and even though it was called back for the hold, I don't think the hold sprung him.



And even with OC and Jacobson out the passing game didn't seem to suffer that bad. In fact the biggest drop in production today was receiving yards to the backs, and I don't think you can claim a receiver opens it up for the check down man.



I'm not saying I don't want OC back, because I do. What I am saying is that he should realize that he is not this team. The Cougars played pretty well without him and in someways better without him. OC is a workman on which teams are built. The problem is that he thinks he is a super star, but the stats don't hold up. If he got a workman attitude and I'd love have him back.
M
Mars
Isola wrote:
Both Hoffman and Falslev averaged 5 yards more than OC has on the year

Makes you wonder how often players more talented than the starter are sitting on the bench at BYU...
C
Cougarbib
Yeah - QB for example - it is making some of us wonder - but you never know till you take a look



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mraven
As an FYI, I sat three or four rows behind Chambers and Ross Apo at the game Saturday. The fact that Chambers was still there, rooting for his former teammates, was respectable. I don't necessarily disagree with anything you said, but he's been getting flamed pretty hard since his dismissal and I felt like pointing out my observations from the game.
R
runbyu1
That's awesome that Chambers was at the game cheering...what a stud.
Advertisement
B
BYULV
I hope chambers gets things turned around and he is let back on the team next year. If we get over our coaching and off field drama from this year and oneil comes back with a changed attitude then I think we all benefit.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
Isola
Cougarbib2 wrote:
Yeah - QB for example - it is making some of us wonder - but you never know till you take a look



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I wonder this same thing although I think it is best to address that in the spring. Munns obviously just got back from his mission. I am not sure how far along Lark is. If he is more prepared than Heaps then I would hope they would put him in, but I have to trust in the coaches for now.



For now, the season is not lost and I don't want to risk that by playing musical chairs behind center.



As for Chambers, I am happy to hear he was at the game. I really want him back next year, but he needs to recognize that he is not more than the team.
G
Gunk
Mars wrote:
Both Hoffman and Falslev averaged 5 yards more than OC has on the year

Makes you wonder how often players more talented than the starter are sitting on the bench at BYU...


And how much making the right decisions in the game - like following your blockers or cutting one way as opposed to another - plays into on field performance. Someone can be the most athletically gifted player, but if they make poor decisions there goes the performance. It's like Michael Jordon chucking up half court shots.
C
craigoscarson
Time to dig one of these up...



Once again, OC was not missed in the slightest
S
SpiffCoug
craigoscarson wrote:
Time to dig one of these up...



Once again, OC was not missed in the slightest

How about we just move on? OC is gone, not coming back and doesn't need to be brought up anymore. He has no relevance to this team anymore.
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
kitic77 wrote:
Time to dig one of these up...



Once again, OC was not missed in the slightest

How about we just move on? OC is gone, not coming back and doesn't need to be brought up anymore. He has no relevance to this team anymore.


It's hard for me to see the receiving corps clicking and not think that his attitude might have effected the others. This to me is relevant.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.