Archived Topic

Bronco calling receivers out

by kfilly20 · 10/21/2010

Advertisement
K
kfilly20
Other than Ashworth, who is clearly playing like a sad woman, what other receivers and or tight ends do you think Bronco called out by name and told them to shape up or ship out?
J
jonnylingo
kfilly20 wrote:
Other than Ashworth, who is clearly playing like a sad woman, what other receivers and or tight ends do you think Bronco called out by name and told them to shape up or ship out?


There is not a receiver that does not belong on that list. Its all of them.
Y
YBrit
Mckay being the most disappointing, he should be killing it out there, and is equally weak as the rest. My faith is restored in Bronco, from his earlier comments I thought he was basically saying he'll never do anything to improve the O. I expect to see some men out there sat.
C
Cougs_Rule
All of them! When JJ is your best option--and kudos to JJ-hes the only one a pair........of hands. :-)
L
Lawboy
I think he starts with upperclassmen. They have been here longest, know the expectations, and are supposed to set the tone. So I think he starts with Ashworth, Jacobsen and Hafoka. From there he might get on Hoffman as he might need a kick in the pants since he has been invisible lately. And from there you hit the tight ends. I think Wilson might have got an earful, along with Mahina and maybe Holt, because they are all clearly underachieving.



A message has been sent, the expectations clearly defined. Now guys need to raise their play to meet the expectation.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Lawboy wrote:
A message has been sent, the expectations clearly defined. Now guys need to raise their play to meet the expectation.

Almost sounded like Thomas Monson there.



Messages were sent. Expectation defined. Tears were shed and execution on the field at a higher level abounded.
B
bball
Last night I watched the KBYU replay of the Oklahoma game. And I kept thinking, this is essentially the same Oline we have this year, and the running backs are the same (Unga did not play in that game), JJ and Kariya looked pretty darn good. And I'm asking myself, why don't we have any offense? how in the world did we go from one of the best in the country to the very worst in the country--in one year, with many of the same guys on the field?



Boy do we ever need a 70 point scoring game and 600 yards of offense.
R
runbyu1
Why would Wilson get an earful? He's hardly played a down since the Washington game. Plus, he caught 4 TD passes yesterday.
L
Lawboy
runbyu1 wrote:
Why would Wilson get an earful? He's hardly played a down since the Washington game. Plus, he caught 4 TD passes yesterday.


Because of attitude issues, which is the rumor of why he has barely played. I'd have to say his twitter posts might have reflected that as well at times. What else could it be, really? He has talent, the most speed of any TE we have and great ability, yet is not getting game reps. Rumors of someone inquiring about him transferring to LSU might not have helped either (per rumorbaord).
K
kfilly20
Ya he does write bitchy little tweets after games
Advertisement
K
kfilly20
Ya he does write bitchy little tweets after games
M
Mars
Lawboy wrote:
I he might get on Hoffman as he might need a kick in the pants since he has been invisible lately.

Hoffman has been killing himself to play injured for the past few weeks. That kid has a huge heart.
L
Lawboy
Mars wrote:
I he might get on Hoffman as he might need a kick in the pants since he has been invisible lately.

Hoffman has been killing himself to play injured for the past few weeks. That kid has a huge heart.


I suppose if we had any depth at the position it wouldn't matter, but since he is playing--hurt or not--and not performing at a high level lately, it gets noticed. But again, who do we play ahead of him? And therein lies the problem. An injured, non performing RS freshman still gets more reps than guys behind him. Speaks volumes.
M
Mars
Lawboy wrote:
I suppose if we had any depth at the position it wouldn't matter, but since he is playing--hurt or not--and not performing at a high level lately, it gets noticed. But again, who do we play ahead of him?

Brown, Peterson, Falslev, and Marshall. Unless you're Anae. Then, no one.
L
Lawboy
Combined catches in this group?? Maybe 2?
Advertisement
M
Mars
Lawboy wrote:
Combined catches in this group?? Maybe 2?

Combined plays in this group? Maybe 2?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.