Archived Topic

Intensity Raised

by hawkwing · 10/21/2010

Advertisement
G
Guest
The twitters are all a buzz with the fact that practice was apparently quite intense today and included a lot of yelling at the offense and a lot more effort being put into it.



I really hope this turns around some of the problems we've been facing.
S
SpiffCoug
Sounds like Bronco spoke to the offense - finally!
U
Ungoy
I like this one from Jay Drew:



"Been told Mendenhall met with offensive players today, specifically called some players out, and told them to get with it or hit the highway."



Sounds like he really lit into them. Good. They needed a good butt kicking from the coaching staff.
B
byutx
Ungoy wrote:

"Been told Mendenhall met with offensive players today, specifically called some players out, and told them to get with it or hit the highway."

So which highway did Ashworthless hit?
C
Cougy_Monster
Ungoy wrote:
I like this one from Jay Drew:



"Been told Mendenhall met with offensive players today, specifically called some players out, and told them to get with it or hit the highway."



Sounds like he really lit into them. Good. They needed a good butt kicking from the coaching staff.


Hopefully he said the same thing to the coaches.
Advertisement
B
byutx
byutx wrote:

"Been told Mendenhall met with offensive players today, specifically called some players out, and told them to get with it or hit the highway."

So which highway did Ashworthless hit?


He probably had a hard time catching what Bronco meant.
S
SpiffCoug
Cougy_Monster wrote:
I like this one from Jay Drew:



"Been told Mendenhall met with offensive players today, specifically called some players out, and told them to get with it or hit the highway."



Sounds like he really lit into them. Good. They needed a good butt kicking from the coaching staff.


Hopefully he said the same thing to the coaches.

Or basically did what many of us have been calling for, for several weeks.
G
Guest
byutx wrote:
Ungoy wrote:

"Been told Mendenhall met with offensive players today, specifically called some players out, and told them to get with it or hit the highway."

So which highway did Ashworthless hit?


He probably had a hard time catching what Bronco meant.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :evil:
G
Guest
I love Brandon Ogletree's tweet:
Solid practice today. Got to stop the ride on Saturday. Step up or step out fellas!


Step up or step out indeed!!
I
Italics
seems like the coaches are doing everything they should be doing... but 6-7 weeks too late.



- Picking a QB

- Giving some of our promising freshman game experience (ex: KVN - who is coming along splendidly)

- Firing Coach Hill

- Acknowledging that we need to change our offense

- Breathing some life into the defense

- Calling our offensive players who aren't doing their part



I'm sure I missed some.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
kitic77 wrote:
Ungoy wrote:
I like this one from Jay Drew:



"Been told Mendenhall met with offensive players today, specifically called some players out, and told them to get with it or hit the highway."



Sounds like he really lit into them. Good. They needed a good butt kicking from the coaching staff.


Hopefully he said the same thing to the coaches.

Or basically did what many of us have been calling for, for several weeks.

This what I don't get about bronco. Why he waits so long to do this stuff baffles me.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
K
kiwibacon
kitic77 wrote:
Sounds like Bronco spoke to the offense - finally!

So has Bronco's approach been let Anae and Doman do the "speaking"...and is now stepping in because the "speaking" has not happened?



Second question. Why must Bronco speak? Why can't Anae "speak" like that? is it a respect thing and only Bronco is respected thus the intensity being raised now? Maybe Anae has "spoken" but because of no respect he does not get the same reaction that has been tweeted today?



Sorry, I am full of questions.
G
Guest
kiwibacon wrote:
Sounds like Bronco spoke to the offense - finally!

So has Bronco's approach been let Anae and Doman do the "speaking"...and is now stepping in because the "speaking" has not happened?



Second question. Why must Bronco speak? Why can't Anae "speak" like that? is it a respect thing and only Bronco is respected thus the intensity being raised now? Maybe Anae has "spoken" but because of no respect he does not get the same reaction that has been tweeted today?



Sorry, I am full of questions.


You bring up great questions.
C
Cougs_Rule
hawkwing wrote:
byutx wrote:

"Been told Mendenhall met with offensive players today, specifically called some players out, and told them to get with it or hit the highway."

So which highway did Ashworthless hit?


He probably had a hard time catching what Bronco meant.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :evil:


Maybe Bronco delivered the speech with too much velocity or with a different spin.
B
Brayden Green
dmcougar wrote:
byutx wrote:
Ungoy wrote:

"Been told Mendenhall met with offensive players today, specifically called some players out, and told them to get with it or hit the highway."

So which highway did Ashworthless hit?


He probably had a hard time catching what Bronco meant.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :evil:


Maybe Bronco delivered the speech with too much velocity or with a different spin.


Or he stopped listening halfway through ;)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
Y
YBrit
Ungoy wrote:
They needed a good butt kicking from the coaching staff.




Something Anae couldn't do since spring practice. Anae is leaving after the season.
S
SpiffCoug
Italics wrote:
- Acknowledging that we need to change our offense

Wait, I thought changing the offense was bad? Didn't we try to change the offense for Nelson because he couldn't run a "BYU offense"? So why are we changing the offense now and that's supposed to be a good thing? I'm so confused.
A
ABYUFAN
Good one .... I'd already forgot about our prized hamburger...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
Why are we complaining when Bronco is trying to raise the level of intensity? Sometimes the timing isn't right for a butt kicking, sometimes being constructive and trying to instruct is better. It hasn't worked up til now so Bronco is trying a different aproach. I hope it works. If we don't see an offense that gives 100% on every play this week, I am going to be concerned. Someone needed to light a fire under the offense, and that someone is Bronco.
S
SpiffCoug
frdbtr wrote:
Why are we complaining when Bronco is trying to raise the level of intensity? Sometimes the timing isn't right for a butt kicking, sometimes being constructive and trying to instruct is better. It hasn't worked up til now so Bronco is trying a different aproach. I hope it works. If we don't see an offense that gives 100% on every play this week, I am going to be concerned. Someone needed to light a fire under the offense, and that someone is Bronco.

Actually Bronco isn't trying a different approach. This the first approach Bronco is trying. Up until now he has left the offense to its own devices when it's been more than apparent that there has been a HUGE gap in player, and possibly even coach, leadership on teh offensive side of the ball.



I can appreciate Bronco's approach. Let your leaders lead. Sometimes it takes time for fixes to be made. I think Bronco was holding off getting involved with the offense. Perhaps he saw the players/coaches/leaders making changes and he was waiting to see if those changes worked or not. Unfortunately, it's taken him seven weeks to realize they weren't and that enough chances had been given and it was time to step in.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.