Archived Topic

What will the YEWTS record be for the last 5 games?

by SenorCougar · 10/20/2010

Advertisement
S
SenorCougar
Here's the schedule:



10/30/10 at Air Force Colorado Springs, Colo.

11/06/10 vs. TCU Salt Lake City

11/13/10 at Notre Dame Notre Dame, Ind.

11/20/10 at San Diego State San Diego, Calif.

11/27/10 vs. BYU Salt Lake City



They played nothing but cream puffs, including this week. Then, their metal will be tested. They traditionally have a hard time with Air Force. TCU is a legitimate top 10 team. Notre Dame?? Who knows how the Fighting Irish will play? San Diego State, a tough team on the ROAD. And, of course, the Cougs. Will their problems be resolved by then? I see the potential for three losses....



What do you think? Will they stay top 10 by the end? I can't take a long offseason with a smiling YEWT.........
P
ProV1
0-5
C
CannonCougar85
0-5
C
Cougs_Rule
4-1. They are too strong as an entire team and have had a favorable schedule to gel as a team. i'm tempted to say they get the win at home vs tcu with a very raucous blacked-out crowd.
I
Italics
an even more thought provoking question: Do I care?



(I will repost this as many times as it applies - it's the yewts guys, the yewts))
Advertisement
S
SenorCougar
Misery loves company and I'm pretty miserable right now. There is something soothing about 0-5 though......
S
SpiffCoug
4-1. They're a good team that had a bunch of games to get in sync before the meat of their schedule began.
M
MTM
They have gotten a little sloppy with turnovers the last two games. If they don't clean that up they will lose 1 or 2. If they protect the ball they may not lose a game this year.



Even though they have had struggles with AFA they are 4-1 against them under Whit and I don't think there is any way AF can outscore Utah's offense this year.



Frankly I don't understand why TCU doesn't get the same "they have played a bunch of creampuffs" argument that everyone likes to throw at Utah. It's not like TCU has faced Murderer's Row this season. That being said this is the only game I think Utah may lose.



ND is an enigma. I can see the atmoshere of playing there being overwhelming but Whit is so good at big game prep I think Utah wins.



I don't see any way they lose to SDSU or BYU.



I say 11-1 or another undefeated BCS year.
J
jonnylingo
utah beats air force and then drops two games, one of them being to byu. :evil:
J
jonnylingo
Hate to say it. Kwitt is a better coach than bronco.
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
3-2. They have played no one, and the only remotely decent team they have played nearly beat them at RES (Pitt). That Iowa State game looked good until OU beat them 52-0 the next week. That SJSU looked decent until BSU beat them 48-0. And on and on. The Ute defense is not as good as it needs to be and has feasted on cream puffs. Even a mediocre Pitt team nealry beat them. Utah could lose 4 games down the stretch, but coaching keps it to 2. @AFA is the wild card game.
M
MTM
Lawboy wrote:
That Iowa State game looked good until OU beat them 52-0 the next week. That SJSU looked decent until BSU beat them 48-0. .


Right. Utah is beating creampuffs by the same margin that the #1 and #3 ranked teams did. It's not like they have played a weak schedule and gotten by by the skin of their teeth. They have played poor teams and killed them.



I acknowledge they haven't really been tested. I can't wait for the 2nd half of the season to see what Utah is made of. I think they'll do well.



If Utah turns the ball over they may lose 2 of their last 5. If they play clean ball they are going to be tough for anyone to beat including TCU.
S
SpiffCoug
MTM wrote:
That Iowa State game looked good until OU beat them 52-0 the next week. That SJSU looked decent until BSU beat them 48-0. .


Right. Utah is beating creampuffs by the same margin that the #1 and #3 ranked teams did. It's not like they have played a weak schedule and gotten by by the skin of their teeth. They have played poor teams and killed them.



I acknowledge they haven't really been tested. I can't wait for the 2nd half of the season to see what Utah is made of. I think they'll do well.



If Utah turns the ball over they may lose 2 of their last 5. If they play clean ball they are going to be tough for anyone to beat including TCU.

This is what good teams do. They make bad teams look bad. They kill teams at home and win comfortably on the road.



Average teams win at home and get beat on the road.



Bad teams struggle at home. Lose big on the road to good teams and lose to average teams on the road.
C
CannonCougar85
jonnylingo wrote:
Hate to say it. Kwitt is a better coach than bronco.


Except for the fact that head to head Whittingham has a losing record against Bronco...
M
MTM
CannonCougar85 wrote:
Hate to say it. Kwitt is a better coach than bronco.


Except for the fact that head to head Whittingham has a losing record against Bronco...


Not for long ;)
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
MTM wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
Hate to say it. Kwitt is a better coach than bronco.


Except for the fact that head to head Whittingham has a losing record against Bronco...


Not for long ;)

But the best he can do for the next year is be .500; the worst is -2
I
IowaCougar
jonnylingo wrote:
Hate to say it. Kwitt is a better coach than bronco.

Actually, if you really hated to say it, you wouln't have :skeptic: .
L
Lawboy
MTM wrote:
That Iowa State game looked good until OU beat them 52-0 the next week. That SJSU looked decent until BSU beat them 48-0. .


Right. Utah is beating creampuffs by the same margin that the #1 and #3 ranked teams did. It's not like they have played a weak schedule and gotten by by the skin of their teeth. They have played poor teams and killed them.



I acknowledge they haven't really been tested. I can't wait for the 2nd half of the season to see what Utah is made of. I think they'll do well.



If Utah turns the ball over they may lose 2 of their last 5. If they play clean ball they are going to be tough for anyone to beat including TCU.


I think the Utah offense is explosive and can score points. Down side is that Wynn can be turnover prone--much like Max hall was at times. He has been both his years.



Not sold on the Ute defense yet is all, but mainly because I think that their LB core is suspect. The front 4 is solid, teh DB corp good. Burton is the best player on that D this year, but the other corner is ok, and the safeties are good, not great.



The X factor for Utah is special teams. In a close game, that group can win games for Utah. Smithson is having an amzingly good year since the Pitt game. I respect that dude a ton, as well, for what he has done for his younger brother. Smithson is the type of guy to root for, regardless of school affiliation.
C
CAFB_04-12
I don't care two ***** what the Utes do with the rest of their season.
S
SenorCougar
It looks like it will be 1-4. Too much hype for the Pukes. They hadn't played ANYBODY of substance, and now it is showing ugly. I'll bet they lose to San Diego State and the Cougs. How great is that..... from 5th ranking to a 4 game losing streak. Stack up the front end with creme puffs and pay for it at the end. And next year in the Pac-10, it could get REAL ugly. Somehow, I can't find it within me to even shed a tear....
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.