Archived Topic

OC Gone?!

by SpiffCoug · 10/19/2010

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Wow! Twitter is aflutter with rumors/confirmations that O'Niel Chambers has either quit or been kicked off the team. Nothing official is known other than he's not at practice today.
F
frdbtr
I feel sick to my stomach. Linette, if this is true, I am very sorry that he is gone.
B
BroncoBot
Just saw the tweet about chambers here on CC.



Chambers rumored to be gone or kicked off? Can anyone confirm or deny this?



Sad day if he is gone. The guy might have been the only one on the offense with any spark left in him.



Rough year for cougar fans.
T
tripwire
Sad to hear.
B
BroncoBot
Hopefully OC lands on his feet somewhere.
Advertisement
Q
QuarterbackU
If Jake Heaps acted the way OC has I wouldn't want him either. I'm glad its over. Good luck in "Da League." I can't stand people who quit and I can't stand people who think they are bigger than the team. Peace out OC.
K
kiwibacon
I was hoping that the "OC gone" may have meant Offensive Coordinator...so I am now on an emotional roller coaster because first I was like :) but now I am like :~( .
C
CAFB_04-12
I thought it was o-coord at first too. Didn't even think of "the" OC.



Would be a shame if he gets kicked off or quits. Too bad.
M
mizzoucoug
Meh, all talk and absolutely zero results after 2.5 years. Although if he got kicked for criticizing the offense then I can sort of support that. But still, insubordination never gets anyone anywhere in my experience.
G
Guest
a position we can ill afford to get thinner at. This is bad news.
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
mizzoucoug wrote:
Meh, all talk and absolutely zero results after 2.5 years. Although if he got kicked for criticizing the offense then I can sort of support that. But still, insubordination never gets anyone anywhere in my experience.

In his defense, he did become the all-time kickoff return leader at TCU, passing Rigell I believe.
S
SpiffCoug
Ah, Mike Rigell...



1998 @ Hawaii, 3rd Quarter - the last time a BYU Cougar officially returned a kickoff for a TD*



* Nate Meikle returned one as well against Wyoming in 2007, but thanks to inept officials he was ruled out at the 2-yard-line and the play was not reviewed.
C
craigoscarson
Good riddance to the "me first" idiot with the last place results. He was a team cancer and all talk.



Big mouth, small heart.. this kid will amount to nothing.. he simply doesn't know a thing about accountability and "team"... I assure you that we will never see him on tv in a football uni ever again.



He's watched one too many Ochocinco/T.O. show



He even got to play a year with Austin Collie (i.e. the Blueprint for the perfect receiver) and apparently didnt' learn a thing.
A
AmmonCougar1
craigoscarson wrote:
Good riddance to the "me first" idiot with the last place results. He was a team cancer and all talk.



Big mouth, small heart.. this kid will amount to nothing.. he simply doesn't know a thing about accountability and "team"... I assure you that we will never see him on tv in a football uni ever again.



He's watched one too many Ochocinco/T.O. show


Unless you are on or have been on the inside and know of which you claim firsthand then I suggest you use more caution as you criticize someone you probably do not know. I personally think a ton of O.C. He did more for my son than any other player on the team. And he did it without request for compensation or need to be 'me first' in any way whatsoever. If it's true he's gone I for one will miss him. He may not have been the quickest to hit the holes and he may have dropped some passes (no more than any other current cougar) and fumbled fighting for extra yards (I have yet to see, or at least recall quickly to memory, MJ or LA or any other of our current receivers trying to fight for extra yards the way he does). Only Kariya and Hague and maybe JJ on occassion (oh and Riley on his 2 pt conversion vs UW) consistently fight like OC.



I for one am sad to see him gone if this is true. Best wishes OC, wherever you land!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
C
craigoscarson
I would caution you to assume that I havent' chatted with current players...



But you're right, he has been suspended 3 times now for nothing... Bronco is a real kook



Maybe if he took as much care in being a team player as he did being a friend to a little kid, he might still be on the team.
Advertisement
R
runbyu1
Keep in mind he is suspended for the year. I hope he fights, gets back for his Senior season, and has a breakout year. As much as he talked more than he backed it up, we sure could use some more of his fire on this team right now...
R
runbyu1
I was kind of hoping that OC gone had to do with our Offensive Coordinator as well
C
CougarClaw
This hurts.



Even if the on-field production doesn't impact the team drastically (blame either OC for that I suppose) just him leaving sends ripples through a "Team".



Talk about adversity this year.
M
mizzoucoug
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
Meh, all talk and absolutely zero results after 2.5 years. Although if he got kicked for criticizing the offense then I can sort of support that. But still, insubordination never gets anyone anywhere in my experience.

In his defense, he did become the all-time kickoff return leader at TCU, passing Rigell I believe.


I LOL'd when I saw that stat during the game. What an indictment of our KR game...slow, slow, slow. Regardless of what any stats say, James Dye is the best KR we've ever had hands down.
A
Alphaleonis
I hope OC didn't get suspended for criticizing the OC. If so, we let go the wrong OC. (TIC)
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.