Archived Topic

What don't we have the TCU, The u and Boise st have?

by OhYePoorFools · 10/17/2010

Advertisement
O
OhYePoorFools
I've spent some time thinking about what it is that we are missing as a football program to really reach the next level. We have been sort of close the past few years, and yet we have not reached that level of excellence. As good as we have been in the past, we consistently have those games where we just completely self-destruct. What is it about Boise st, and TCU and the U that makes them consistently ready to play big name teams. How is Boise st as good as they are? Do they out recruit us? Do they have better facilities? Is it their proud history of football excellence? The same questions can be asked of TCU and The u. It has dawned on me today, and I fully and completely understand something that I have vascilated on in the past. The problem is in the coaching.

We have among the best facilities in the nation. We have a proud and strong history of success, our recruiting is not amazing but has improved in recent years. The only explination as to why we are struggling and have failed to truly succeed is that the coaching is not there. The day to day instruction so vital to the success of the players is missing. The hands on leadership is not getting through to our guys. The tight ship that is run in Boise is not present at the Y. On the Offensive side of the ball, we need to make some changes. It is finally obvious to me that things will not change under the current lineup. I want the best for those guys, I really do...but I know now, they will never get us to that level. ever. The only thing I am afraid of is the time spent in mediocrity necessary to get us to that decision. It could be a very long couple of years.
W
wildeone
a good offensive coordinator
C
craigoscarson
OhYePoorFools wrote:
I've spent some time thinking about what it is that we are missing as a football program to really reach the next level. We have been sort of close the past few years, and yet we have not reached that level of excellence. As good as we have been in the past, we consistently have those games where we just completely self-destruct. What is it about Boise st, and TCU and the U that makes them consistently ready to play big name teams. How is Boise st as good as they are? Do they out recruit us? Do they have better facilities? Is it their proud history of football excellence? The same questions can be asked of TCU and The u. It has dawned on me today, and I fully and completely understand something that I have vascilated on in the past. The problem is in the coaching.

We have among the best facilities in the nation. We have a proud and strong history of success, our recruiting is not amazing but has improved in recent years. The only explination as to why we are struggling and have failed to truly succeed is that the coaching is not there. The day to day instruction so vital to the success of the players is missing. The hands on leadership is not getting through to our guys. The tight ship that is run in Boise is not present at the Y. On the Offensive side of the ball, we need to make some changes. It is finally obvious to me that things will not change under the current lineup. I want the best for those guys, I really do...but I know now, they will never get us to that level. ever. The only thing I am afraid of is the time spent in mediocrity necessary to get us to that decision. It could be a very long couple of years.


We dont' have a single game breaker on offense at the skill positions. Heaps does not have a receiver at any position that he can trust implicitly. Thank goodness, that there are a ton of freshmen at those positions that will be afforded time to improve because Ashworth, Chambers, and Jacobsen have been complete busts this season; they should be leading this team and helping make Heaps job easy, instead they've been about as soft as possible.
O
OhYePoorFools
A well coached team will be competitive even with inferior athleticism. My point is this: you take Boise st.'s entire administration, and put them in charge of BYU football...do we see an improvement? My bet is yes, and very quickly. We simply do not have the teachers in place that are necessary for that level of performance.
M
Mars


Herpes? :bug:
Advertisement
B
BYULV
Mars wrote:


Herpes? :bug:


Most likely.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Bluma
It's more like what BYU has and TCU and Utah don't have - the Honor Code



Utah and TCU keep Unga this year if they had him to begin with. BYU, well, they just lose their leading rusher in school history.



I think the academic standards there are a little more laxed too. They are definitely more laxed at Boise Trucking Academy.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.