I
ItalicsGuys, I keep seeing some people talk about how awful our team and players are. I keep seeing some people talk about how overrated Chambers is, how much Jacobsen has given up. how disappointing Heaps has been, etc. etc. etc.
Guys... I realize that recruits are not always all they're hyped up to be... but usually they are. That's why the teams that have the money and get the recruits tend to have the best teams. That's just how it goes.
It is NOT a coincidence that all of the top talent we get usually ends up failing to meet expectations. Does anyone really think that when talented players come to BYU they just start sucking? Other teams do great things with their talent, but it seems we often fail to.
Heck - putting things in perspective... I begin to wonder if the 2-3 loss seasons we've had the last few years should have been considered disappointments? Unga, Hall, Tonga, Collie, and Pitta... those are five guys right there in the NFL, some of them even starting (Unga's injury prevents us from knowing what would've happened with him). That's FIVE NFL talented guys we've had playing for us... would other schools have done better with such talent? It's worth pondering...
In case this has all gone over your heads, the point I'm trying to get across is that - as poor as some of our players have looked at times - it's obvious that the issue is with coaching. This is not a "fire Bronco" thread - in fact, I am very impressed with what he's done with our defense. This is more aimed at our "offense"...
Guys... I realize that recruits are not always all they're hyped up to be... but usually they are. That's why the teams that have the money and get the recruits tend to have the best teams. That's just how it goes.
It is NOT a coincidence that all of the top talent we get usually ends up failing to meet expectations. Does anyone really think that when talented players come to BYU they just start sucking? Other teams do great things with their talent, but it seems we often fail to.
Heck - putting things in perspective... I begin to wonder if the 2-3 loss seasons we've had the last few years should have been considered disappointments? Unga, Hall, Tonga, Collie, and Pitta... those are five guys right there in the NFL, some of them even starting (Unga's injury prevents us from knowing what would've happened with him). That's FIVE NFL talented guys we've had playing for us... would other schools have done better with such talent? It's worth pondering...
In case this has all gone over your heads, the point I'm trying to get across is that - as poor as some of our players have looked at times - it's obvious that the issue is with coaching. This is not a "fire Bronco" thread - in fact, I am very impressed with what he's done with our defense. This is more aimed at our "offense"...

