Archived Topic

Who Is Worse--Urban Myer or Robert Anae?

by BoiseBYU · 10/17/2010

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Florida only put up 7 on Mississippi State, not exactly a power house team. We only put up 3, but we were playing the number one defense in the nation. Both teams are struggling at QB.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
cougman
Let's see if we could have Urban Meyer calling plays or Robert Anae. Hmm, tough one.... Are you kidding? Meyer's team is completely rebuilding as well and they're not 2-5 and while they're conference may be down a little this year, it's still the SEC.



Though I still hate Urban Meyer due to his former assignment.
C
Cougs_Rule
10 bucks if this thread makes it to 6 legitimate responses. Who cares about UM?
K
kiwibacon
dmcougar wrote:
10 bucks if this thread makes it to 6 legitimate responses. Who cares about UM?

http://girldujour.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/buck.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">Here, I will chip in a buck.
C
Cougs_Rule
exactly
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Actually we have played a tougher schedule than FL to date and today I'd venture that TCU's D is better than Miss State. Yet FL with all its speed and talent and Myer ingenuity did in my view comparatively speaking worse than we did. Look I'm not happy with the O, but to go off the deep end this week against TCU's D is crazy. We are not that good right now and TCU is. So I guess I was being facetious somewhat but still....



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars


Robert Anae or Binky the Clown?



http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_a3jR21Zo0NU/S49KnPNbViI/AAAAAAAAAxQ/Cpq375rwnm8/s200/binky2.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



Or are they the same person? :skeptic:
I
Italics
this is like asking "who is worse - Nanci Pelosi or Satan?"



I can't pick just one.
C
Cougarfan87
They are rebuilding just like we are. I think Urban Meyer is a great offensive mind, but his offense would never work here because we don't have the speed to run it. My vote is neither for BYU. On any other team, I would take Meyer in a heartbeat.
B
Brayden Green
Boise, I hope you are joking. I've come to expect better from you. I think multiple national championships in recent years answer the question. Anae would have a hard go winning the NC coaching the Pittsburgh Steelers against the NCAA.



"HB Dive up the middle? Power run out of the I? Where are all the "off the tackles" plays? Jerome Bettis needs to bounce it outside!!!!"



"Okay, Ben you are a good qb and everything, but we are going to have you split reps so that we can do an option-thingy with Dixon. Ok? You will both be our starting qb."







DISCLAIMER: I know that Bettis is out of the NFL, I did it to illustrate a point.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Boise, I hope you are joking. I've come to expect better from you. I think multiple national championships in recent years answer the question. Anae would have a hard go winning the NC coaching the Pittsburgh Steelers against the NCAA.



"HB Dive up the middle? Power run out of the I? Where are all the "off the tackles" plays? Jerome Bettis needs to bounce it outside!!!!"



"Okay, Ben you are a good qb and everything, but we are going to have you split reps so that we can do an option-thingy with Dixon. Ok? You will both be our starting qb."







DISCLAIMER: I know that Bettis is out of the NFL, I did it to illustrate a point.


Up above I said I was being facetious. I did so in part to drive home the point: even a great FB mind like Myer with boatloads of talent can only score 7 when his QB is struggling and the players aren't performing at a high level....Our problems at offense are far deeper than just demanding Anae's firing and just pinning everything on him.
S
SpiffCoug
Meyer is worse, because he sold his soul to the devil for football glory.



Anae is just a poor coach who is incapable of coaching an offense without NFL-ready talent. The offense wasn't great in 2005, but was in 2006 when Beck, Harline, Coats and Brown were NFL-ready. The offense wasn't great in 2007 but was in 2008 and 2009 when Hall, Collie, Unga and Pitta weren't ready for the NFL and then were.



Anae could be a very good coach at BYU in 2012 and 2013, but I think we'll struggle this year and next year with him.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.