Archived Topic

SDSU Broadcaster Blows Gasket

by BoiseBYU · 10/16/2010

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Wow. Get a load of what SDSU broadcaster Chris Ello is saying on his talk show:



"BYU is the dirtiest, slimiest most ill-behaved football team that they play every single year. The racial comments that are delivered during games -- which would get people arrested in most parts of the world, or at least get the crap beat out of them -- BYU is nothing but a front for utter hypocrisy.I hate BYU and I hate everything they stand for because they are nothing but 100 percent hypocritical."



He did apologize later, sort of. I hope the guy does not have a stroke and keel over. It would devastate his 50 or so radio listeners.
G
Guest
Sad and pathetic.



Waste of human flesh.
L
livin the dream
Maybe this guy just really hates Max Hall... or wants to be just like him?
B
BoiseBYU
livin the dream wrote:
Maybe this guy just really hates Max Hall... or wants to be just like him?

So you are saying he's channeling Max? You might be on to something! ;) Seriously the dude is going to blow an artery at some point because SDSU is going to lose games in front of no fans and his dreams of SDSU grandeur will keep vanishing from before him
S
SpiffCoug
livin the dream wrote:
Maybe this guy just really hates Max Hall... or wants to be just like him?

No, I think he hates Mormons. He comes across as very anti-Mormon. If you were to ask Max, today nearly a year later if he still feels that way, I bet he wouldn't, and would probably regret the comments he made.



If you ask this tool a year from now, I bet he still feels the same way.



He'd be a great recruit for al-Qaeda, someone who is willing to hate indiscriminately people he doesn't know.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Someone, I think it was Jim Rome, did ask Max Hall that question very recently and it seemed Max felt pretty much the same way - but had a much more diplomatic way of saying it. In fact, I was quite impressed by how he answered it. He was asked if the rivalry was more based on respect or hate. He said, roughly, that unfortunatley the rivalry is based more on hate for most people and that for him it eventually became personal.
B
Brayden Green
Look at his blog after the SDSU loss in Provo (Men's Bball). Here is a small quote:

Provo, Utah....where it's still tough to find a beer or light up a smoke....where a cup of coffee in the morning is a hassle, and a Diet Coke is like pulling teeth.



A place where the woman's place is still the home, like it was in the rest of America in the 40's....A place where blacks still must feel out-of-place....A place where's there's no place at all for gays or lesbians.



A place where the Mormon church rules, and BYU athletes sneak around campus trying to bend the rules....A place where you're free to do as you please, as long as what you do pleases them.



Walking around the downtown area of Provo on Wednesday afternoon, I felt as close as I could ever feel what it must have been like for blacks to walk around Birmingham in the 60's.


and you look at the broken cantor, and you wonder how much time it took him to write this. How much time he wasted trying to put this CRAP into poetry.
I
Italics
BoiseBYU wrote:



"BYU is the dirtiest, slimiest most ill-behaved football team that they play every single year. The racial comments that are delivered during games -- which would get people arrested in most parts of the world, or at least get the crap beat out of them -- BYU is nothing but a front for utter hypocrisy.I hate BYU and I hate everything they stand for because they are nothing but 100 percent hypocritical."




SCOREBOARD!
I
Italics
Cougarbib2 wrote:
Someone, I think it was Jim Rome, did ask Max Hall that question very recently and it seemed Max felt pretty much the same way - but had a much more diplomatic way of saying it. In fact, I was quite impressed by how he answered it. He was asked if the rivalry was more based on respect or hate. He said, roughly, that unfortunatley the rivalry is based more on hate for most people and that for him it eventually became personal.


Good, I'm glad he still feels that way. Screw the whole "I hope Max matures and regrets those words" - I LOVE the fact that he feels that way, it makes him more bada$$ in my eyes, and that's always why I've liked Max.
U
Ungoy
I normally don't call people names, but that guy is a major ass. It's funny how people get away with bigotry, as long as it's directed at Mormons.
Advertisement
D
Dcr36
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Look at his blog after the SDSU loss in Provo (Men's Bball). Here is a small quote:

.

Walking around the downtown area of Provo on Wednesday afternoon, I felt as close as I could ever feel what it must have been like for blacks to walk around Birmingham in the 60's.




That's so over-the-top it stops being offensive and becomes totally hilarious. Him in Provo, 2009 = blacks in Birmingham, 1960. Was he bothered by our LDS-only drinking fountains?
S
SpiffCoug
Ungoy wrote:
I normally don't call people names, but that guy is a major ass. It's funny how people get away with bigotry, as long as it's directed at Mormons.

If he had said this about Jews, blacks or Muslims, he wouldn't have a job this evening.
B
BoiseBYU
As shocking as his words are, SDSU's silence is also egregious. This guy is SDSU's broadcaster. IF SDSU had a shred of decency it would reject this crazy man's tirade



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Yet another example of anti-mormon literature not only being accepted, but celebrated by liberal elite.
I
IndiCoug
Ahhh, this guy's tirade reminded me of that female product commercial......Summer's Eve.......yep that's the one.
Advertisement
I
Italics
hawkwing wrote:
Yet another example of anti-mormon literature not only being accepted, but celebrated by liberal elite.


have actual media outlets been praising his rant?
B
BoiseBYU
kitic77 wrote:
I normally don't call people names, but that guy is a major ass. It's funny how people get away with bigotry, as long as it's directed at Mormons.

If he had said this about Jews, blacks or Muslims, he wouldn't have a job this evening.

Or Gays or Women or Native Americans or Catholics or Arabs or Asians or Hispanics or . . . .
B
BOID
I'll second that.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BOID
kitic77 wrote:
I normally don't call people names, but that guy is a major ass. It's funny how people get away with bigotry, as long as it's directed at Mormons.

If he had said this about Jews, blacks or Muslims, he wouldn't have a job this evening.



I'll second that.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
Ungoy wrote:
I normally don't call people names, but that guy is a major ass. It's funny how people get away with bigotry, as long as it's directed at Mormons.


+1!!!! This guy is a pea brain "A-hole"!!!!
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.