Archived Topic

ESPN's version of coach M.

by BroncoBot · 10/13/2010

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
I don't know about you, but this doesn't look like Bronco. Doesn't anyone edit these things?



http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/gallery/enlargePhoto?id=5680706" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



whole article



Dang! Image didn't show up, just scroll down and see the picture for yourself.
B
blue42
No one outside the conference knows what Bronco looks like because nobody can see the games on the Mtn.
M
Mars
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1013/ncf_u_mendenhallb_200.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

"This week is the last time BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall will face TCU as members of the MWC."



http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1013/ncf_u_mendenhallb_400.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
Ignore my ignorance but who is that guy? And who's got the body art next to him?
V
vancouvercougar
I think the coach is Nick Howell, and the body art player is Jray Galea'i
Advertisement
M
Mars
vancouvercougar wrote:
I think the coach is Nick Howell, and the body art player is Jray Galea'i

I thought it was coach Tidwell...

http://www.byucougars.com/StaffProfile.jsp?ID=130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.byucougars.com/uploads/graphics/athletic_department/directory/Paul_Tidwell.jpeg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CAFB_04-12
vancouvercougar wrote:
I think the coach is Nick Howell, and the body art player is Jray Galea'i

Yeah, definitely not Howell. Looks like Coach Tidwell to me. I think he's been coaching longer than Howell has been alive. I think you're right about Galia'i. Nice tats.
C
CougarClaw
maybe they couldn't find BM last week because he was wearing a sweatshirt and this guy looked more like a coach.
B
BroncoBot
CougarClaw wrote:
maybe they couldn't find BM last week because he was wearing a sweatshirt and this guy looked more like a coach.

That's kinda what I figure happened. They had a picture of Bronco in a Tshirt and this guy. The guys assigned to put pictures in the article obviously have no idea what Bronco looks like so picked the guy who looks most like a coach.
W
Wickchad
declocoug wrote:
maybe they couldn't find BM last week because he was wearing a sweatshirt and this guy looked more like a coach.

That's kinda what I figure happened. They had a picture of Bronco in a Tshirt and this guy. The guys assigned to put pictures in the article obviously have no idea what Bronco looks like so picked the guy who looks most like a coach.


The picture is from the FSU game.
Advertisement
A
a1247
Wickchad84087 wrote:
CougarClaw wrote:
maybe they couldn't find BM last week because he was wearing a sweatshirt and this guy looked more like a coach.

That's kinda what I figure happened. They had a picture of Bronco in a Tshirt and this guy. The guys assigned to put pictures in the article obviously have no idea what Bronco looks like so picked the guy who looks most like a coach.


The picture is from the FSU game.




The all white uni's you would have thought would have been a dead give away. Since the cougs have only put them on once in the last 11 years.



Everytime they have a game on ESPN they show Tidwell and refer to him as Bronco. I guess 43 wins in 4 years isnt enough for them to do there home work and find out who's who before the game.
I
imuakahuku
What!? Nobody airbrushed out the tats! :D
S
scott715
Don't worry next year after we get on ESPN a lot, they will know Bronco.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.